News Contender Series 2021 fights

Okay, having done some Tapology browsing, here's my picks for Tuesday's episode:

Lukasz Sudolski (8-0) vs. Igor Poterya (19-2) (205lbs)
Neither have fought particularly good competition. I'll go for Sudolski by TKO, earning a contract.

Manuel Gaxhja (7-0) vs. Chris Duncan (7-0) (155lbs)
Gaxhja is a can-crusher it seems, while Scotland's Duncan is a former Bellator guy and a finisher - clear-cut gimme fight for Duncan, who puts him away in the 1st via TKO, earning a contract.

Aaron Jeffery (10-2) vs. Caio Borralho (8-1) (185lbs)
I remember Jeffery being reasonably good on DWCS against Brendan Allen, and he's on a solid streak since then with a couple of good wins. Borralho is considered a legit prospect though, I'll go Borralho, decision, earning a contract.

Lucas Almeida (12-0) vs. Daniel Zellhuber (11-0) (155lbs)
Both these guys seem good, and both seem to be finishing machines. I'll go for Almeida, based on slightly better competition, close decision, contract.

Rizvan Kuniev (10-2-1) vs. Edivan Santos (12-2) (265lbs)
Santos is an absolute can-crusher. Kuniev catches him early, KO, earning a contract.

@Hellowhosthat - accurate, would you say?

I think you're pretty much there. I'm not too sure on the Almeida fight, I think Zellhuber is great but I haven't really seen much of Almeida.

The only reservation I have with the Duncan fight is that when you have these can crushers it's difficult to tell how good they are. Some of them turn out to be really good and manage to step up, but if I was betting, I'd go Duncan.

What a fucking bummer. Hopefully the UFC signs Duncan to the UFC and gives him a matchup within his visa so it all not a waste

What a fucking bummer. Hopefully the UFC signs Duncan to the UFC and gives him a matchup within his visa so it all not a waste

What a douchebag, misses by 5 lbs then quits because he was going to get his ass kicked.

Hadley vs Raposo in two weeks. Hell of a fight.

Last edited:
Hadley vs Raposo in two weeks. Hell of a fight.

Raposo is pretty fucked in this one imo, his strength seems to be grappling and Hadley is just outstanding at that.

Is this on DWCS? If so, that's a very strong fight.

Yep, seems to have worked out quite well for Jake. He was supposed to fight Kleydson Rodrigues who looked amazing, so Raposo should be an easier opponent (not saying Jake couldn't have beaten Kledyson, but the dude looked good).

The most upsetting this is that it seems pleasure man is having visa issues.

<DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

Fuck's sake. How can someone like Kuniev get one, being Russian but a fucking Swede is having problems?!

I think the issues seem to be at the appointments end with the home country. Hadley and Basharat both had issues getting an appointment to get one with our government.

Looking at next week's card am I right in assuming this is a big drop-off in quality, next week? Doesn't seem to be a particularly strong lineup.

Looking at next week's card am I right in assuming this is a big drop-off in quality, next week? Doesn't seem to be a particularly strong lineup.

Yeah it's not great, Malott does have a win over Solomon Renfro but he was getting his ass kicked for most of the fight and just caught Solomon when he got careless, I don't think he'd beat him again. Smotritsky I've probably seen on Bellator cards but can't remember anything about.

Barez is an okay Combate guy but nothing special, Hernandez hasn't fought anyone.

Fernie Garcia they'll likely try and hype but I'm not convinced by him. Not seen the late replacement Weems but he looks like he's only fought cans

I've seen Joseph Holmes a couple of times, he's reasonable and ugly man is a great nickname. Shonte Barnes opponents have been horrible even by can crusher standards

Valdez is a finisher but hasn't really fought anyone. White is similar.

Week after is another great one though

FAaj2HPX0AAcGrG

Got a hot prospect in Rodriguez, I know you know who Cunha is, the Oktagon HW champion in Buday, the Cage Warriors and EFC Flyweight champ in Hadley, a ONE vet in Xie Bin, the Titan Featherweight champ in Murad and a couple of talented women too.

Should be great.

Back