News Contender Series 2021 fights

Yeah it's not great, Malott does have a win over Solomon Renfro but he was getting his ass kicked for most of the fight and just caught Solomon when he got careless, I don't think he'd beat him again. Smotritsky I've probably seen on Bellator cards but can't remember anything about.

Barez is an okay Combate guy but nothing special, Hernandez hasn't fought anyone.

Fernie Garcia they'll likely try and hype but I'm not convinced by him. Not seen the late replacement Weems but he looks like he's only fought cans

I've seen Joseph Holmes a couple of times, he's reasonable and ugly man is a great nickname. Shonte Barnes opponents have been horrible even by can crusher standards

Valdez is a finisher but hasn't really fought anyone. White is similar.

Week after is another great one though

FAaj2HPX0AAcGrG

Got a hot prospect in Rodriguez, I know you know who Cunha is, the Oktagon HW champion in Buday, the Cage Warriors and EFC Flyweight champ in Hadley, a ONE vet in Xie Bin, the Titan Featherweight champ in Murad and a couple of talented women too.

Should be great.

Yeah I think Joseph Holmes definitely gets a contract, I imagine he runs through Barnes.

That is another solid one the week after, agreed.

Dana straight clowned Caio Borralho, Im wondering if dana didnt like his overall attitude and just said fuck this kid "not interested"

I dont think ive seen dana be so blunt right to the fighters face pretty much.

Dana straight clowned Caio Borralho, Im wondering if dana didnt like his overall attitude and just said fuck this kid "not interested"

I dont think ive seen dana be so blunt right to the fighters face pretty much.
Dana was in a bad mood because his buddy Oscar said he was cheap.

So this guy will be the attempt at a Chinese Roger Huerta, I take it.

Petrosyan supposedly had a bout after that loss against a no name.

Yeah, I just saw that on his Tap, looked like they quickly found him someone random to beat up so he wasn't coming in off a loss.

Yeah, I just saw that on his Tap, looked like they quickly found him someone random to beat up so he wasn't coming in off a loss.
From Russian social media - he signed to appear on DWTNCS before he lost that fight, after he lost they didn't hear anything from UFC/DWTNCS and thought that they decided to not feature him in this season. So they took a fight in Russia, he won it and probably it helped.

Yeah it's not great, Malott does have a win over Solomon Renfro but he was getting his ass kicked for most of the fight and just caught Solomon when he got careless, I don't think he'd beat him again. Smotritsky I've probably seen on Bellator cards but can't remember anything about.

Barez is an okay Combate guy but nothing special, Hernandez hasn't fought anyone.

Fernie Garcia they'll likely try and hype but I'm not convinced by him. Not seen the late replacement Weems but he looks like he's only fought cans

I've seen Joseph Holmes a couple of times, he's reasonable and ugly man is a great nickname. Shonte Barnes opponents have been horrible even by can crusher standards

Valdez is a finisher but hasn't really fought anyone. White is similar.

Week after is another great one though

FAaj2HPX0AAcGrG

Got a hot prospect in Rodriguez, I know you know who Cunha is, the Oktagon HW champion in Buday, the Cage Warriors and EFC Flyweight champ in Hadley, a ONE vet in Xie Bin, the Titan Featherweight champ in Murad and a couple of talented women too.

Should be great.
Lemme tell you something. I know Weems personally and he is a certified hitter. Wide open from round one to finish.

Petrosyan got caught in his last fight but he looked pretty decent before that, not seen anything of Koloev.

This is what I came in to say - Petrosyan looked like a good up and coming 205lb'er before that loss, didn't realise he'd won since then and this is a tidy short-notice replacement. Guttted Turkalj is out, though, proper gutted. Kolev seems a can-crusher but who knows, he could catch him!

Lemme tell you something. I know Weems personally and he is a certified hitter. Wide open from round one to finish.

He might be good, he hasn't really got the strength of opposition at the moment, but these guys sometimes handle the step up in competition without issue. Fernie is quite hittable so if he can crack he's got a chance.

He might be good, he hasn't really got the strength of opposition at the moment, but these guys sometimes handle the step up in competition without issue. Fernie is quite hittable so if he can crack he's got a chance.
Weems for sure testing his chin. He’s the embodiment of kill or be killed.

looks like Phumi got the win at CFFC tonight, he's 4-0. Wonder since Santo lost on the contender series will they bring him back to do this fight. Phumi is the real deal and should be the one getting a shot on this show.

looks like Phumi got the win at CFFC tonight, he's 4-0. Wonder since Santo lost on the contender series will they bring him back to do this fight. Phumi is the real deal and should be the one getting a shot on this show.

I'd like Phumi to have maybe one or two more outside the UFC, against maybe Santo and a more experienced ex-UFC Flyweight like Eric Shelton or Jordan Espinosa first. He's still very young in his career and as I think Ronderos is finding out if you go in too soon it's tough.

Back