Control

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A little forgotten game from creators of Alan Wake, Max Payne and Quantum Break is nearly here.

Game reminds me heavily of QB. But in all honesty I would love to see MP4 done by Remedy.

header.jpg

Watched the video. Seems very interesting. What a life for the ps4! We still have a lot to look forward to.

I will buy this when it comes out probably. It looks interesting and fun, I imagine it will look great on the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Just found out about this... looks really fun. Reminds me of Mass Effect gameplay a bit but with more run n' gun instead of using cover.

Probably will get it at some point, not sure if I will get it on release day.

Well, IGN gave this an 8.8 so it mustn't be too bad. Will pick this up in the next week, or two. Playing Days Gone right now.

For some reason I thought this was an Xbox exclusive, Remedy’s last two games (quantum break/Alan wake) we’re microsoft exclusive.

Well, IGN gave this an 8.8 so it mustn't be too bad. Will pick this up in the next week, or two. Playing Days Gone right now.

Oh damn that's really good. I'll be picking it up too probably in a few weeks. So many games to play and so many more coming out

Last edited:
I guess it’s already cracked. Now no need to install the epic launcher.

Man this game is beating the shit out of my computer. I'm running it at 1080p (with some medium settings) just to get decent frame rates. Unfortunately the only option for a decent 1440p experience (and that's without even enabling raytracing) is a bit more than I want to invest or hassle with. I'd need a different power supply, so I might as well upgrade the whole computer once I have the funds.

koZ8qAKYskMSPVWfCse32a.png

Game seems cool so far though. It's pretty trippy.

Just a heads up there's no HDR with the launch version, just ray tracing so far, think they are patching the HDR in at a later date.

Man this game is beating the shit out of my computer. I'm running it at 1080p (with some medium settings) just to get decent frame rates. Unfortunately the only option for a decent 1440p experience (and that's without even enabling raytracing) is a bit more than I want to invest or hassle with. I'd need a different power supply, so I might as well upgrade the whole computer once I have the funds.

What's your PC specs.

That's just poor optimization at launch.

What's your PC specs.
6600k with a 1070. Not fantastic or anything, but I didn't expect to need to drop settings at 1080p. Quantum Break was pretty taxing too though.

It just looks too damn much like Quantum Break. I understand that they want to further polish their in-house game engine. I respect that, just like the Metro series devs.

But the game is just another bland scifi with physics based powers game, just like QB. I wish that they listened to the fans and either make a sequel to Alan Wake or try something less bland scifi.

Fuck, if they did a period setting games, that would awesome. They have the writing skills to pull anything off, really.

And we need to forget about Max Payne. They sold it to the most profitable game company. They will never get it back.

I'm hearing PC gamers of all types are having some form of technical issues. Might not want to rush to overhaul your PC. I believe the game is poorly optimized across the board.

I'm hearing PC gamers of all types are having some form of technical issues. Might not want to rush to overhaul your PC. I believe the game is poorly optimized across the board.
It runs well enough now that I've found the right settings. The exception is load times, and that one I do wonder about. I can't remember the last game that I played that took a minute or more to load.

I mean, it's not the greatest looking game I've ever seen, just like Quantum Break wasn't the greatest at it's time, despite people hyping it's graphics (which had ZERO style), but still, it's punishing my system far more than it should. I've got a ryzen 7 2700, 16gb ddr4 ram and a gtx 1080, everything at high, and it still hitches and has problems with frame pacing, at least for me.

These games are all explosions of particle effects, but when those aren't occurring, I dunno, the world, like Quantum Break, seems somewhat boring. I will say that control is a superior game in my view.

Maybe some will find this useful:
Here is how you can completely fix the annoying DX12 stutters, even with Ray Tracing, in Control
DSO Gaming said:
In order to fix the DX12 stutters, you’ll have to open Exploit Protection via your Windows Search bar. Then, click On the Program Settings Tab and click On The “+ Add programs to customise”. Then, click On Choose Exact File Path, find Control_DX12.exe and open it. Afterwards, you’ll have to navigate its Program Settings, scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”, put check mark in “Override System Settings”, turn it Off and Apply.

Ideally, you should also restart your system after applying this fix.

Back