Could Tyson Fury be competitive with Francis in MMA with training?

You people really need to stop with this shit. There is no athlete in the world that has anything more than a puncher’s chance with any UFC fighter. Get a grip.

Old man Zdeno Chara bullies Ngannou and Greco Roman tosses him at will. Book it Dana.

Would Fury have a chance against Djokovic? What about in Formula 1?

Francis vs Fury competing at dressage is something I never knew I wanted to see.

Maybe as a TUF coaches challenge.

Rosen-whatever couldve just stuck out his fist and Francis prob would've KOd himself.

WTF kind of 4th grade windmilling is that?

lololol

IDK man it seems like anytime some elite striker from outside the sport comes to MMA they get KTFO
giphy.gif

tumblr_pceu7crHRM1xxavtvo1_500.gifv

LightheartedScrawnyAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

BR0bb2l.gif

43nbzf.gif

No, I don't think so. Francis can kick and his submission game would still be above anything a newbie could catch up with in a short while.

Have you ever seen Francis take someone down? Or even attempt to take them down?

Fury's long legs and high center of gravity would make him really hard to take down (like Jon Jones)
and before jon jones the opposite was thought to be true. see struve, semmy, and every other tall fighter (timmay had decent tdd).

you have no idea what you’re talking about. Brock lesnar became champ with minimal training and Tyson fury is light years ahead of him. He’s a literal A level athlete and one of the greatest heavyweights to ever live

He was a wrestler and had high training in that for many years. I’m sorry if I didn’t dumb that down enough for you. I’m talking about athletes with no combat training. Is that clear enough for you??

Ngannou is mainly a striker and this plays well into the hands of a supremely talented boxer like Fury, who is light on his feet at 6'9" and 270+lbs

Stipe would probably be a worse matchup as he'd shoot for takedowns right off the bat but Francis would likely stand and trade with Fury.

Francis has expressed interest in boxing Fury but Fury coming to MMA is more interesting
Do you remember when Slow-Stipe tried to call out Anthony Joshua for a boxing match???

That was so laughable. Joshua had no idea who Stipe even was.

Getting back to this topic, I think Fury is awesome but in MMA, Francis would rip him apart. Think clinch, knees and kicks. Yes, Francis would use all these as he would not have to worry about being taken down.

Do you remember when Slow-Stipe tried to call out Anthony Joshua for a boxing match???

That was so laughable. Joshua had no idea who Stipe even was.

Getting back to this topic, I think Fury is awesome but in MMA, Francis would rip him apart. Think clinch, knees and kicks. Yes, Francis would use all these as he would not have to worry about being taken down.

Loool no

Have you ever seen Francis take someone down? Or even attempt to take them down?

Fury's long legs and high center of gravity would make him really hard to take down (like Jon Jones)
Till said he was ragdolling Fury in the gym.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure 260+ lb Francis could pull off a takedown.

He has a punchers chance, Ngannou could take him down and submit him with ease.

With Ngannou having a lot on the line in this hypothetical match up, I don't see him testing the waters in the stand up for any longer than he needs to.

If Ngannou decided not to use any clinchwork, leg kicks or takedowns at all, and simply stand there and trade hands... then he deserves to get knocked the fuck out.

Somehow (and this is just me going out on a limb here) I don't think Ngannou or his entire coaching staff is that dumb.

if Ngannou is smart I think he has the kick/grappling to beat Fury in mma. He would lose in boxing.

Cmon, Ngannou won fights by submission against professional MMA fighter's, why would he have a problem winning against a boxer?

Imagine thinking Francis can’t take Tyson Fury down when Francis has taken down (and subbed) actual mma fighters.

This is the worst week of threads ever.

Francis is 264 lbs. Fury would only be able to be 265. This aint no 217 lb boxer he'd be manhandling. And fury wouldn't be able to juice.

Francis would dominate him anyway he wants, keeping the distance with kicks, grappling

Back