Opinion Crypto Currency Pisses Me Off

A provided break from the usual posts - let us discuss crypto and why it seems pointless.

I briefly worked for a software team that was creating a crypto dapp. What is a dapp?

it’s a distributed app.

What is a distributed app?

Well, after many discussion with a mathematician and a programmer, I can’t tell you what one is, and quite frankly, I don’t think anyone can.

and this gets at my main point of contention about crypto, it’s too damn convoluted and over saturated with junk for it to ever be widely used. As it is now, crypto is essentially a hobby, like model airplanes, that happens to be a form of investing.

Only model airplane types will put in the effort to understand it, and only model airplane types will be attracted to it.

Main point: crypto is it’s own enemy. Too much frenzy, no stability or standardization. Will always be a spectacle instead of a widely used currency.

And it’s also mad annoying.

what’s the average gain on a crypto day trader?

I know some folks got rich, but you can put money in a managed portfolio and never waste time speculating and you’ll likely come out ahead without draining your time and energy.

Also crypto people are insufferable because they speak in jargon. I don’t care. I’d rather sleep.

i was very close to investing in a crypto ATM. ultimately i backed out when market went a little nuts

Blockchain and Web 3.0 will transform the internet from 2d to 3d+
It will be a big deal.
It's already happening and lot of people are going to be salty for missing out, just like a lot of people are salty now for missing out on the dotcom era. And like the dotcom era, there will be a lot of dead projects (many have already died) and those that are legit that will stand the test of time, but unlike websites, these blockchains and smart contracts with interoperability capabilities will transcend and be able to interconnect the legacy world with the digital world.

I've tried to DM some people here in the War Room about it, but most didn't respond. Sadly a lot of people on the left have a reflexive antagonistic stance towards blockchain that's similar to Maher's idiotic rant about it during one of his show (you can easily youtube it) while ignoring what blockchain and smart contracts does, creating a fairer world where truth has overtaken trust.

It's already happening and lot of people are going to be salty for missing out, just like a lot of people are salty now for missing out on the dotcom era. And like the dotcom era, there will be a lot of dead projects (many have already died) and those that are legit that will stand the test of time, but unlike websites, these blockchains and smart contracts with interoperability capabilities will transcend and be able to interconnect the legacy world with the digital world.

I've tried to DM some people here in the War Room about it, but most didn't respond. Sadly a lot of people on the left have a reflexive antagonistic stance towards blockchain that's similar to Maher's idiotic rant about it during one of his show (you can easily youtube it) while ignoring what blockchain and smart contracts does, creating a fairer world where truth has overtaken trust.
Smart Contracts, and the services which allow smart contracts to exist, are what the world will be built on. One link to connect everyone and every thing.

I need to learn. I missed out on Bitcoin at the beginning and I have crypto PTSD. LMAO. Gaming nerd friends were so right.

That thread on the Vesti should be legendary.

It is what it is - max Holloway

If there's one thing I can tell you it's that human nature never changes. People will naturally flock to new ventures that might make them rich. Whether it's a pyramid scheme with health food, timeshares or real estate millionaire programs, it's all the same in the end. Crypto on the economic scale is just the next level of pyramid bag holders where you want to be the first one on the train to get rich and never the last off.

I used to do gpu mining hardcore back in the day and then leverage trading years and I'm pretty much done with crypto too. I mean don't get me wrong I still believe in it. The original idea was/is fantastic but becoming main steam comes at a heavy cost.. institutional money.

The whole crypto game is constantly changing and I don't hate it but it's not worth the stress. It just isn't what it was in 2017 with day trading.

I need to learn. I missed out on Bitcoin at the beginning and I have crypto PTSD. LMAO. Gaming nerd friends were so right.

That thread on the Vesti should be legendary.

I spent seven grand on Revised MTG cards.

If I had been a year earlier my cards would have been worth hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions.

Lots of angry people in this thread. Almost half a Bitcoin holder here. Amazing how people can be so ignorant.

Lots of angry people in this thread. Almost half a Bitcoin holder here. Amazing how people can be so ignorant.

My post is mostly about how annoying crypto people are. But obviously there are exceptions.

Also, it seems like the wild west. No certainty. All gamble. I also don't have a lot of time to learn something like that.

My post is mostly about how annoying crypto people are. But obviously there are exceptions.

Also, it seems like the wild west. No certainty. All gamble. I also don't have a lot of time to learn something like that.

No it's not the wild west, it's only the wild west if you don't sit down and do proper research. Those that did are now loaded and earning passive income.

Its a colored piece of paper that's worth whatever the government with the most nuclear weapons in its arsenal tells you it's worth.
vs what a convention like this tries to tell you a shitcoin is worth.

tumblr_ps6j4dvHxk1s8gomo_540.jpg

Blockchain and Web 3.0 will transform the internet from 2d to 3d+
It will be a big deal.
yeah it will definitely solve all logistics, housing, energy and civic problems in a matter of years while not putting any strain on scarce resources.

Blockchain is the future, crypto is here to stay. Which coin(s) stick around and for what reason/use is what is still up in the air.

You're either on the bus or off the bus.

As for your assertion that speculating is a waste of time, some people just like the thrill of the hunt. Myself included.
lol @ that bus platitude. there's literally no repercussion to continuing to work and/or live one's life out agnostic to any particular shitcoin.

yeah it will definitely solve all logistics, housing, energy and civic problems in a matter of years while not putting any strain on scarce resources.

iu

This is nothing bub, only 41 million people used crypto right now. We're gunna destroy all that no problem.

Cheers ;)

iu

This is nothing bub, only 41 million people used crypto right now. We're gunna destroy all that no problem.

Cheers ;)
"use crypto" lol.
I think you mean; "have some semblance of financial arbitrage bet on without creating any net utility thru commerce"

It's like saying "over 100 million women use diamonds everyday on their hands"

Back