Cyril Gane turned down Aspinall for UFC Manchester in July... and his own fans are getting irritated.

^ See's one of the greatest performances ever in the octagon, hates on it, hates on the fighter
See's that an exciting but inactive fighter has turned down a title shot, celebrates it, commends the fighter.

lol

I don't think he is commending or celebrating, just plainly stating that he doesn't owe anybody a fight, to put things in perspective. Which is correct. People on here tend to be very entitled with how they act towards fighters and the fights they take or don't take.

Him having a separate bad take, doesn't have anything to do with this good take though.

I have not seen any of them... might have to look into it. hmmmmmm

They are very, very fun action flicks. Very nice French scenery too.

Absolutely... it kinda sucks because on paper at least this fight has the potential to be an exciting one. Two of the most athletics guys that the heavyweight division has seen for a WHILE (last one I can remember is Matt Mitrione)

True, it would be a great fight, though he didn't deserve a fight with Aspinall really. Blaydes does and Blaydes is also pretty athletic. He just has some lapses in fight IQ sometimes and loses fights in devastating manner because of it.

Last edited:
I don't think he is commending or celebrating, just plainly stating that he doesn't owe anybody a fight, to put things in perspective. Which is correct. People on here tend to be very entitled with how they act towards fighters and the fights they take or don't take.

Him having a separate bad take, doesn't have anything to do with this good take though.
lol, you take a look at his posts starting last Sunday you might feel different lol

(IE - yeah I know, and knew, before I threw a lil jab at him)

Hopefully he calms down a bit

They are very, very fun action flicks. Very nice French scenery too.
Sold!

I will watch one this week if I can access - start at the first?

lol, you take a look at his posts starting last Sunday you might feel different lol

(IE - yeah I know, and knew, before I threw a lil jab at him)

Hopefully he calms down a bit

Sold!

I will watch one this week if I can access - start at the first?
Taxi 2 is by far the best of the franchise. I don't remember the others since it's been so long.

Taxi 2 is by far the best of the franchise. I don't remember the others since it's been so long.

Was 2 the one with the gang of criminals driving Evo 8s? And the great moment where - like in westerns where the tracker can read a ton of stuff from hoofprints of the horses, the main dude recognizes just about everything about the cars from treadmarks on the asphalt?

Meh, it would be a good fight, as I think Gane poses problems for Aspinall. But it's not like it's the real belt, and acting in movies gives you a lot less cte.

The Taxi movies were fucking fun as fuck. I probably saw Taxi 5 too, but can't really remember much about it which is probably telling enough.

And yeah, Gane doesn't seem to take his MMA career that seriously. Dude doesn't seem to take much that seriously, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But if you have fans who want to root for you and your career, it's ehh.. disappointing to them obviously.
Taxi movies were great. Watched them in French class back in school. My French teacher was all into French hip hop too so that was pretty cool

Everyone complaining about this stuff should also complain about fighter pay. I guarantee you fighters like Gane wouldn't be interested in side quests such as shooting fucking movies in the middle of their MMA career if they actually got compensated more than that awful 18%.

who cares about his career as a character actor?
it seems that people feel the need to rationalize the idea of refusing a very important fight.
good for him, but when people criticize Poatan for not being fed to a pure wrestler do they think about the (double, almost triple) path to the title of people like Gane?

Everyone complaining about this stuff should also complain about fighter pay. I guarantee you fighters like Gane wouldn't be interested in side quests such as shooting fucking movies in the middle of their MMA career if they actually got compensated more than that awful 18%.
i'm getting tired of this cheap talk.
if people are so much against the pay structure of the UFC just boycott them, instead of complaining and then paying them.

Last edited:
Ciryl Gane is not thinking properly. You can do movies anytime after your career is done. There is only a small window to be at your peak at MMA or any sport for that matter.

it seems that people feel the need to rationalize the idea of refusing a very important fight.
good for him, but when people criticize Poatan for not being fed to a pure wrestler do they think about the (double, almost triple) path to the title of people like Gane?

if people are so much against the pay structure of the UFC just boycott them, instead of complaining and then paying them.
Most of us did lol

Even if it's a shit movie it's still an opportunity that could potentially be worth more to him in the future lol. If he starts getting acting jobs he can do that for many years to come without risking brain trauma and possibly even getting bigger cheques. But if he turns that down he might not get the chance again.

The HW division on the other hand is absolute dog shite so getting another title shot there even with a grudge holding Dana shouldn't be that hard

You can get tired all you want, but now try refuting my argument with facts instead of going on a tangent about people complaining about the UFC's pay structure. Bet you can't

Ciryl Gane is not thinking properly. You can do movies anytime after your career is done. There is only a small window to be at your peak at MMA or any sport for that matter.
You can also do movies right now, when these doors are actually opening for you (Gane), while you're still a household name in MMA. Probably for at least the same amount of money. If your purpose isn't being a full-time MMA-fighter, why not?

I mean it sucks for us as MMA fans but it makes perfect sense if your heart isn't fully into being a fighter, which is the case with Gane, he's shown that many times before.

Back