Dan Ige Changes Tune. Says he Doesn't See the Argument That he Lost, Targets Jeremy Stephens Next

Kattar vs. Ige would be a great fight. I feel like Kattar might deserve a slight step-up in competition though. Maybe match Barboza with Stephens?

i scored it for Ige, he won the last 2 rounds i thought.

barboza has let slip so many decisions, and really he has no one to blame. Look at all his decision losses and look at the discrepancy between output from round 1 and compare to rounds 2/3. he either uses to much gas in the first round and doesnt get the finish, or he has a great round then coasts.

most of his losses are the same. look great first round then.....no urgency or emotion till he losses and his opponents hand is raised.

has any fighter complained about decisions more then him? yet its the same type of loss all the time.

I agree, I wasn't really serious.

We need more judges ( 5 would be good ), but imagine being Ige, what do you gain by fighting barbota again ? when you could fight a better ranked fighter, and get closer to a TS ( and also easier fight potentially ).
I don't think more judges it the answer. Because it's not like there are only 3 bad judges in all. If 2 out of 3 can't get it right, what gaurantee is there that 3 out of 5, or 5 out of 7 will? They just need to flush out these couch potato judges and get people who actually understand what they are looking at. But it seems like becoming a judge is not an easy process and there is a lot of bureaucracy involved.

Ige won by "walking forward." In MMA, this is a legit way to win, regardless of whether or not you getting pieced up and knocked down. When you march forward, some judges think you are winning. LOL

I don't think more judges it the answer. Because it's not like there are only 3 bad judges in all. If 2 out of 3 can't get it right, what gaurantee is there that 3 out of 5, or 5 out of 7 will? They just need to flush out these couch potato judges and get people who actually understand what they are looking at. But it seems like becoming a judge is not an easy process and there is a lot of bureaucracy involved.
more judges, more likely to have a right decision.

Barboza has amazing technique but a very low fight IQ and/or poor coaches. He never changes things up.

I mean, of course he would say that. Why would he try to downplay his biggest win?

In all honesty, it will probably be ok. His bosses think he's won two in a row, despite what the judges say. He should have won 3 of his last 4 with his only loss coming to Gaethje, no shame in that. A positive if you're a fan is that he actually looks pretty damn good.

The decision has sort of eclipsed the fact that people expected him to get smoked by the pressure fighter in Ige who is on a long win streak. Edson is handling these guys.

Plus Gaethje brutally eyepoked him shortly before the KO and there was no timr out.

Dana agreed that Barboza should have got the W against Ige and I heard Barboza then asked to be paid a win bonus...not sure what happened after but now its going to be even harder for him to find an opponent since they took him off the rankings.

UFC may argue they removed his LW rank because hes now a FW, and cant give him a FW rank since he hasnt won in FW yet...but still seems like a weak argument. He's arguably top 10 in either FW or LW.

Barboza has amazing technique but a very low fight IQ and/or poor coaches. He never changes things up.

His corner is partially to blame for telling him he won rounds 1 and 2 against Felder. Even if it appeared that way they shouldnt have said anything that may even subconsciously make him too comfortable in the 3rd

Stephens isn't a great matchup for him

Barboza made the same mistake 3 times in a row, he should learn to finish guys. Barboza's fault.

Dan Ige won officially, he move on unless the UFC won't him to rematch barboza.
Nooooo, wow you're a casual...lol

So everyone who can't finish a fight is at fault and should lose according to you? Or only Barboza cause he's from a different country than you?

Lol. Can't blame Ige though. Of course he's going to be biased, and he officially got the W, even though he shouldn't have. Can't fault him though. I'd like to see:

Winner of Emmet/Burgos vs Kattar
Loser of Emmet/Burgos vs Ige
Maybe Stephens vs Barboza or Bektic

So both Felder and Ige offered him a rematch and then reneged.

I'm gonna be honest. I never watched the fight. I just watched round 2 in isolation, since it's the swing round. (Y'all know where to find it, you can do the same). Kinda surprised people scored that for Edson. He really had no clean strikes for like 4:30 of the round, cept a couple of knees in a clinch, which Ige answered back with body blows. A few times, Ige hit clean and Barboza had to do wobble legs back to his stance. One body shot that didn't even drop Ige, just had him shooting for time, during which Edson could only spend maybe 10 seconds of ground and pound to capitalize on and he wins? That's some real fuckin short attention span scoring to give Edson that.

If everyone's agreed round 1 went to Edson and round 3 to Dan? Then Dan won that fight. Sorry

Barboza made the same mistake 3 times in a row, he should learn to finish guys. Barboza's fault.

Spoken like a Dana White noob.

I'm gonna be honest. I never watched the fight. I just watched round 2 in isolation, since it's the swing round. (Y'all know where to find it, you can do the same). Kinda surprised people scored that for Edson. He really had no clean strikes for like 4:30 of the round, cept a couple of knees in a clinch, which Ige answered back with body blows. A few times, Ige hit clean and Barboza had to do wobble legs back to his stance. One body shot that didn't even drop Ige, just had him shooting for time, during which Edson could only spend maybe 10 seconds of ground and pound to capitalize on and he wins? That's some real fuckin short attention span scoring to give Edson that.

If everyone's agreed round 1 went to Edson and round 3 to Dan? Then Dan won that fight. Sorry
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but it is by far the minority, maybe due to new scoring?

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but it is by far the minority, maybe due to new scoring?
Thanks, I feel confused cuz I'm usually in the majority (except for Aldo-Moraes, but at least that one, I had a better breakdown for)
I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe it's just the weight of the one body shot, people overscoring it because Dan needed the bell to be safe? The fact it was at the end so it was more recent? Maybe there's an issue with watching it after a dominant Barboza round, where Dan's continued bleeding, and inability to really stop Edson in his tracks feels like the momentum hadn't swung far enough?

Just, the round by itself looked like it could have easily been scored for Dan.

Wow what a brain dead, typical of Sherdog.

Better learn to finish, if you won, then get robbed, your fault.

IQ single digit.

Ige and Kattar train at the same camp
Isn't Kattar not from New England?
The commentators kept calling him and others the New England cartel.

I know Ige fights out Vegas.

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

Back