Media Dana twists facts to make an injured fighter look bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
wait, so you go to the doctor because, let's say, your leg hurts. Do you expect him to say that if you fight it will make it better?

Dana knows the casuals will eat up anything he says. Starting to resemble a cult with the way people are defending every shit thing that comes out of his mouth.

Pegs are easily replaced. Face the facts 99.9% a folks are pegs.

If you believe his mother, he's always been trash. I think he's likely always wanted to be an untouchable bully and just had to bide his time for that to happen.

The fact that he doesn't speak to his mother since like 15+ years tells everything about what kind of person he is

Dana would fight with two broken legs for 10/10 he’s such a bad ass.

images

Jesus Christ this is so sad.

To make some kind of defamation claim, he'd fave to prove that Dana's lies caused him some kind of material injury and that Dana intended to cause him harm by lying.

It's a high standard to begin with. Also, even if he could prove damages based on this, lower level guys like him exist on the whims of the UFC to begin with.

So no. There's no recourse for it.

The only hope is that someone finally gets the US sports media to start talking about what a scumbag Dana is. People who weren't even alive during Don King's heyday know that he's an asshole, but Dana somehow has a positive reputation among casual fight fans.
I'd say he has a SMALL chance of proving that he was denied an opportunity at a UFC contract (which fighters who have been injured before have gotten. For example Nate Quarry) if he doesn't get at least one UFC fight, such as the TUF finale undercard, claiming he was coerced to fight with a serious injury.

The sport needs a union and collective bargaining agreement BADLY. Some say the Ali Act, modified for mma is the saviour, i dont know if that is the case, but currently fighters have a pretty shit deal.

If the doctor leaves the decision up to the fighter to fight or not....the doctor cleared him to fight.

This, I saw the ep. the guy pussed out and Ortegas team looked disappointed in him but tried to be nice basically.

Doubt the Goof ever invites him back he hates quitters

And in the last episode, Vince Murdock fought with the injury and guess what happened. His knee popped in the first minute and he was TKO'ed latter in the round after receiving a beatdown. BUT FUCK YEA, WHAT A WARRIOR!!!

It was for a fight in the finals you fool. Biggest fight of his life, any real fighter would have taken it. Risk worth taking, never know maybe Vince catches other guy in something and makes it to finals.

- TUF kid has an MCL injury, doctor tells him if he fights it can gets worse so he can't decide for him and leaves him the final say
- Dana goes in front of both team and says "the doctor cleared him to fight he chose not to fight" and then on camera "i always say if you're not willing to to everything you don't belong here"

It's like it gets under his skin that people make smart career decisions and aren't his replaceable Playmobil toys

it a tv show so it set up to make the best show.

Not shocking. Dana basically said, when someone brought up fighter pay recently, that they are my fighters and you should let me do with them what I want.

He doesn't look at his fighters as people. He looks at them as changeable hood ornaments on a sports car.

Dana continually proving he is the biggest POS in all of sports. BY FAR!

Tito fought with a missing skull. Man up pussy.

- TUF kid has an MCL injury, doctor tells him if he fights it can gets worse so he can't decide for him and leaves him the final say
- Dana goes in front of both team and says "the doctor cleared him to fight he chose not to fight" and then on camera "i always say if you're not willing to to everything you don't belong here"

It's like it gets under his skin that people make smart career decisions and aren't his replaceable Playmobil toys

Is it a smart career decision to quit the ultimate fighter and never be let into the ufc? If anything this guy just put an end to his career.

yeah blowing up his knee irreparably would be such a wiser career and life decision
I mean, he wouldn’t be the first athlete to do it. If you are chasing a career in mma, then you have to be ok with putting your body on the line. It’s ok to not want to do that, but you have to accept the consequences. This is an opportunity that this guy will never have again.

Dana said the doctor gave him the clearence to fight. The doctor didn't do that. The doc made it clear that he's not giving him the green light.
Just rewatch the video.
I mean the doctor did give him the green light. He left it up to the fighter....thats giving him permission to fight if he wants too...

I dont hold it against the fighter for not fighting. Maybe he will get a chance to fight on contender series down the line.

Back