Dana White insists UFC 300 is going to be so insane that fans will lose their minds over the first prelim

You’re going to reply talking about PPV numbers aren’t you.

That doesn’t matter, the sport was a lot smaller back when Anderson Silva was fighting, and even then he’s a none native speaker who never bothered to trash talk. McGregor selling lots of tickets because he has a cheeky Irish accent and doesn’t mind disrespecting his opponents doesn’t make him any more valid or exciting, it just makes him more appealing to the casual.

Not completely related but Anderson is a far better fighter than McGregor ever was. Anderson never quit despite getting wrestle fucked for 4 rounds by Chael. McGregor rolled over and offered Nate his cheeks after 1 minute of grappling. Sure it’s different styles and Anderson was preparing for that approach, but McGregor’s capacity for quitting is far greater than Silva’s regardless. He mentally folds because he’s a front runner and when he doesn’t fold like in Nate 2 he has to be coming off the back of a brutal humiliating loss, he’s not resilient and defiant by default.
Meh. None of that matters.

It’s just about the FEELING.

Anderson felt like my dad

Conor felt like an extension of me

Conor never made me emotional. Only excited or angry

Anderson has made me laugh ,cry. Move.

It’s wild how he’s changed my life

Don't see how 300 could be that good. Doesn't really feel like the UFC has much stars anymore. UFC just doesn't feel as big as it did during the Conor era

and the Conor era didn't feel as big as the Liddell era when Chuck was (T)KO'ing everyone in his path. The A. Silva / GSP timeframe was an amazing time to be a fan, the P4P discussions and the genuine belief that the two best in the world at any weight class might actually fight.

When a fan hits the pinnacle of their interest, everything after will seem lesser...what's worse is when fans can't accept that the best fighters from their favorite era would most likely get smoked by today's fighters, even matched up prime vs prime.

Have they completely changed the roster? There might be good fights (I'm sure there will) but there really aren't many "super" fights available that are possible, befitting an event like this and.a statement like this that I can think of offhand. I am eagre to stand corrected

Meh. None of that matters.

It’s just about the FEELING.

Anderson felt like my dad

Conor felt like an extension of me

Conor never made me emotional. Only excited or angry

Anderson has made me laugh ,cry. Move.

It’s wild how he’s changed my life

Great post!

Yeah I think Conor is more relatable for the every man. Anderson is more like what we imagine a world class fighter to be like - a true warrior. Conor is a tremendous athlete and fighter in his own right though

Well I guess we will find out soon enough, I Imagine they announce one of the fights this weekend or at UFC 297 at the latest.

You’re going to reply talking about PPV numbers aren’t you.

That doesn’t matter, the sport was a lot smaller back when Anderson Silva was fighting, and even then he’s a none native speaker who never bothered to trash talk. McGregor selling lots of tickets because he has a cheeky Irish accent and doesn’t mind disrespecting his opponents doesn’t make him any more valid or exciting, it just makes him more appealing to the casual.

Not completely related but Anderson is a far better fighter than McGregor ever was. Anderson never quit despite getting wrestle fucked for 4 rounds by Chael. McGregor rolled over and offered Nate his cheeks after 1 minute of grappling. Sure it’s different styles and Anderson was preparing for that approach, but McGregor’s capacity for quitting is far greater than Silva’s regardless. He mentally folds because he’s a front runner and when he doesn’t fold like in Nate 2 he has to be coming off the back of a brutal humiliating loss, he’s not resilient and defiant by default.
Conors fights are more exciting than silvas fights fullstop. numbers be damned. GSP is a goat too, but his fights aren't as good as mcgregor. I dont think silva or gsp has ever had a fight that would be considered fight of the year.

Conor vs Nate 2 is a more entertaining fight than any fight either has had.

Andersons most iconic performances are boring fights. (Chael and vitor.)

Conors fights are more exciting than silvas fights fullstop. numbers be damned. GSP is a goat too, but his fights aren't as good as mcgregor. I dont think silva or gsp has ever had a fight that would be considered fight of the year.

Conor vs Nate 2 is a more entertaining fight than any fight either has had.

Andersons most iconic performances are boring fights. (Chael and vitor.)

Conor v Nate 2 was boring as fuck… Conor was literally running around for half the fight avoiding the engagement. It was exciting if you had a dog in the race sure, like any fight is when you want a certain guy to win, but objectively speaking the action was lac lustre

Anderson on the other hand was marching people down with his chin in the air, standing with his back to the cage. When he weren’t doing that he was slipping punches and throwing upward elbows. Conor had a left straight and a teep to the gut. He had barely any other skills and when he started to “expand” his repertoire he began losing in devastating fashion

Conor v Nate 2 was boring as fuck… Conor was literally running around for half the fight avoiding the engagement. It was exciting if you had a dog in the race sure, like any fight is when you want a certain guy to win, but objectively speaking the action was lac lustre

Anderson on the other hand was marching people down with his chin in the air, standing with his back to the cage. When he weren’t doing that he was slipping punches and throwing upward elbows. Conor had a left straight and a teep to the gut. He had barely any other skills and when he started to “expand” his repertoire he began losing in devastating fashion
Yeah, Okay but his fights are better.

Porier, Mendez, aldo, alverez, diaz 1, diaz 2, khabib.

Sales not a factor. Conor has NO stinker fights. Silva has stinker fights that didn't deliver.

we all have an opinion on conor, but his guarantee of an exciting fight FAR exceeds silva. Conor delivers literally 100% of the time win or lose. the same can not be said about silva.

Yeah, Okay but his fights are better.

Porier, Mendez, aldo, alverez, diaz 1, diaz 2, khabib.

Sales not a factor. Conor has NO stinker fights. Silva has stinker fights that didn't deliver.

we all have an opinion on conor, but his guarantee of an exciting fight FAR exceeds silva. Conor delivers literally 100% of the time win or lose. the same can not be said about silva.

Yeah that can be argued, but Conor’s opponents gave him more of a fight. Anderson was that far ahead of the next best guy that sometimes he clowned about like the Maia fight, and still won. Most of those fights you mentioned were exciting because of Conor’s opponents - Poirier, Nate, Khabib all brought the fight to Conor and soundly beat him.

I just hope we get at least 5 WMMA fights with Holly Holm in the main event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back