Media Dana White: We will announce next MW title fight this week

I can understand why it rubs people the wrong way. Some champions have to get back in line, while Izzy would get two shots after losing two title fights.

It's that thing about champs getting entitled, and that Izzy is allowed to be while others are not by the organization.

That said, it makes absolute sense to book the fight, as we all know how much prestige and drama it would create. The UFC are all about that,
and their product is not a perfectly fair sport. Which we all should know by now.
Yes and I get when there are other clear contenders but right now I don't feel there is anyone as worthy as Izzy.

Sounds like Izzy vs Dricus or could be dricus vs Khamzat and Izzy vs Alex to headline and co headline ufc 300
Never thought about that scenario.. would be an amazing one

You have Chimaev saying to Dricus "See you at UFC 300", but you know Dricus vs Adesanya is a huge fight too. What process will you take now, in figuring out what the next title fight will be?

- We'll figure this out on Tuesday. We'll probably announce it next week.

About Izzy's availability, is he gonna try and fight again this year? Do you know?

- You'll find out next week.

Chimaev posted some concering health updates on social media, he seems okay now, but do you have an official update on where he's at?

- Yeah, it's weird. He did get very sick, and I know he's better. I don't know if he's "fighting at 300" better, but we'll see.

Izzy is 1-2 in his last 3. Khamzat is 3-0. Give it to Khamzat.

icegif-494.gif

and NEW

OP cites DW interview.

DW sez normal things.

OP triggered.

Op is Sherflake.

Adesannya vs ________ without even contacting adesannya for a yes/no

Either or are dandy by me. Still concerned bout injuries but so mote be it.

<RomeroSalute>

I mean it's DDP vs Izzy/Khamzat/Strickland rematch. Maybe a Cannonier matchup. I think probably in that order.

Izzy is more deserving than Khamzat. Hard to argue otherwise.

terrible match making
How so? It's better than Israel getting his second instant rematch in a row, especially considering his last loss was not close. And Khamzat hasn't done anything at middleweight.

In the perfect world we get Izzy vs Kham for n.1 contender at 300. And Dana actually has that SUPERFIGHT lined as main event he promised. DDP can heal up and fight the winner in SEP-OCT. Two title fights a year. Thats the norm.

DDP ain't fighting at 300. No way he can turn around in less than 3 months after going 5 rounds and getting busted up against Strickland. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a 30-45 medical suspension.

How so? It's better than Israel getting his second instant rematch in a row, especially considering his last loss was not close. And Khamzat hasn't done anything at middleweight.
So you want Izzy to rematch Sean after losing very decisively in a fight that’s not even for the belt? Izzy can fight Khamzat. Rematches like that are stupid especially when they’re not even for the title. Izzy can fight Khamzat, he shouldn’t sniff the title and nobody wants to see him rematch Sean

So you want Izzy to rematch Sean after losing very decisively in a fight that’s not even for the belt? Izzy can fight Khamzat. Rematches like that are stupid especially when they’re not even for the title. Izzy can fight Khamzat, he shouldn’t sniff the title and nobody wants to see him rematch Sean
I do. It's actually a good fight to determine which former champ stays in contention and which doesn't. (Izzy vs Stickland 2)

It’s going to be DDP vs Izzy in July.

We all know it

It will definitely be DDP vs izzy. If Strickland won then izzy wouldn’t have come back, but izzy definitely watching that knowing he can pick DDP apart in the striking.

But I hope it’s not at UFC 300, seems very unfair to DDP to put him in straight away, give him time to heal. This will only give an advantage to izzy, I want to see both at 100%. Give DDP time to heal up.

Back