Dave Meltzer Forced Out Of MMAFighting.Com

I don't think anybody is going to be drowning in tears over Ant Walker tbh.. Guy seemed like one of those "revolutionaries" to be honest
Proud to be considered a revolutionary and equally proud that a slack jawed dipshit like yourself won't miss me. Not pleasing somebody who would say some ignorant nonsense like that means I ruffled the right feathers. Don't worry sweet heart, I'll never be too far away

I'm amazed at the simplistic takes people seem to have about this law. Whatever your political leanings may be, it's clear that all parties involved outside of the actual workers are at fault. Government entities that allow companies to underpay and overwork common folks are trash. Government entities that apply laws without realizing the negative effects on common folks are trash. The companies that perpetually underpay and discard hardworking contributors are trash as well. Fuck everyone involved

Gonna be no one left at MMAFighting before long. @Sir Galahad you should apply, you're a great writer

SdgcCW6.jpg

Proud to be considered a revolutionary and equally proud that a slack jawed dipshit like yourself won't miss me. Not pleasing somebody who would say some ignorant nonsense like that means I ruffled the right feathers. Don't worry sweet heart, I'll never be too far away

preview.jpg

Why can't he be hired as a part time employee?

nowadays when such laws are passed the people/biz affected can relocate.
It's only hurting not helping

This is what happens when folks don't understand the concept of 2nd order effects.

This stings. We lost Ant Walker from SD because of this California law, and I'm sure there will be more longtime California writers that are forced out of gigs because of the way the regulation stands now and now the market exists to keep freelancers at arm's length.

Oh shit....I didn't even realize that. Ant Walker had some good content.

The US always seems to amaze me. It looks like there is a crackdown on independent contractors. Read this news the other day. Looks like they want only government alligined mouth pieces in every way. If you do not support ''the higher up cause'', you will be fired.

A Texas Elementary School Speech Pathologist Refused to Sign a Pro-Israel Oath, Now Mandatory in Many States — so She Lost Her Job
''At the time that Texas enacted the law barring contractors from supporting a boycott of Israel, it was the 17th state in the country to do so. As of now, 26 states have enacted such laws — including blue states run by Democrats such as New York, California, and New Jersey — while similar bills are pending in another 13 states.''

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/17/israel-texas-anti-bds-law/

By the government!

giphy.gif
Loses fictional job (MMA journalist) in fictional field (MMA journalism) producing substandard content (100% of all MMA journalists). I'm not mad.

CarelessNauticalArctichare-size_restricted.gif

Welp

Journalism is not a real job anyways

The worst writers are journalists

Why would they do this? They want to be able to tax you, and the nanny state believes this is how you protect the "little guys" from being exploited by big business. Classic California move. Micromanagement for a fee that - guess what - you get to pay also. For your protection.

Comrade.

Yep. CA does not get their full piece of the taxation pie when workers are classified as independent contractors. When you're an employee you have taxes taken out of every check rather than paying them quarterly or less as an independent contractor which means CA gets their money sooner with no chance of nonpayment because the employer takes the money out. People who are accurately freelancers will lose work over this as it is happening now.

California took it upon themselves to be the leaders in the US in terms of the destruction of the classification Independent contractor. This is ultimately a law on the outside being designed to 'protect' employees from being misclassified as freelancers and it's going to require freelancers to be misclassified as employees. Good job California fuckwits.

Back