DC Believes Fedor Was 'Average At Best' In 2009

You guys are still thinking about rankings and this and that. Who were the best guys in the world? And let’s not even get stuck on 2009, either. Look at the following years.

The game had obviously changed and was evolving. We know who the best in the world were around that time, and it damn sure wasn’t brock or the guys he beat in title fights. Those were the guys in fedor’s class, but that’s the point. That class of guys were no longer the best.

Except dc was talking about how fedor stacked up against the best fighters in the ufc during that time period. Not sure why it’s so controversial. Again, he was losing 3 straight during that period.

If you want to argue fedor could have won with the right matchups that’s fine (and possible) but that wasn’t the point dc was making. Just that he wasn’t at the top of the food chain anymore.
As I understand it (and I watched some of this “debate with DC” video last night), the debate centered around this question:
“How would Fedor have done in the UFC, if he had arrived in 2009?”
And the answer is: Fedor would have gotten an immediate TS. Champ was Brock, whom DC concedes would lose to Fedor. Ok, now Fedor is champ. Who does he defend against first? Cain? JDS?
Nope, not in 2009. Fedor would be fighting Mir, Arlovski (I assume if Fedor isn’t in Afflcition in ‘09, neither is Andrei), Nog, etc.
Now, eventually JDS and Cain work their way up the ranks, and let’s pretend DC is right and Fedor loses those, in late 2010 (Cain earned his TS in Oct 2010) and 2011.

You guys act like I’m cherry picking fights for Fedor, but I’m not. The answer to the question of how Fedor would’ve done, is very well for all of 2009 and almost all of 2010. Then it gets dicey.

Fedor beats the crap out of DC.

Standup = Fedor >>> DC
Subs = Fedor >>> DC
Throws/Trips = Fedor >> DC
Straight Wreslting = DC > Fedor?

Yeah. My 2007 join date and my pro mma debut in 2008 and I'm a Conner casual. Right. Lol. Hunt got knocked out by a middleweight who never even won a belt and fought for the UFC HW belt AFTER. At least Fedor lost to a former MW AND LHW Champ after he was on a 2 fight losing streak.

He lost to Bader because he is older, same with Anderson getting beat by barely top ten middleweights not long ago.

He may very well lose tomorrow, I don't think he should be fighting. I also think Anderson and most of the other guys who are getting be by guys they would have wrecked in their prime shouldn't be fighting. Unless it's with each other like Mir or Rampage vs Fedor, or Anderson vs Tito boxing.

Prime DC may have been able to beat him, we will never know unless you invent a time machine.

send location bro we can talk about MMA at the subway parking lot, you can learn a lot from me about MMA

As I understand it (and I watched some of this “debate with DC” video last night), the debate centered around this question:
“How would Fedor have done in the UFC, if he had arrived in 2009?”
And the answer is: Fedor would have gotten an immediate TS. Champ was Brock, whom DC concedes would lose to Fedor. Ok, now Fedor is champ. Who does he defend against first? Cain? JDS?
Nope, not in 2009. Fedor would be fighting Mir, Arlovski (I assume if Fedor isn’t in Afflcition in ‘09, neither is Andrei), Nog, etc.
Now, eventually JDS and Cain work their way up the ranks, and let’s pretend DC is right and Fedor loses those, in late 2010 (Cain earned his TS in Oct 2010) and 2011.

You guys act like I’m cherry picking fights for Fedor, but I’m not. The answer to the question of how Fedor would’ve done, is very well for all of 2009 and almost all of 2010. Then it gets dicey.
I think dc was discussing more generically how fedor matched up against the best ufc fighters from that time. But I understand your point. I am not sure how some of those fights go. Again he wasn’t the same fighter during that period. And his point about Cain and jds and even kongo is fine.

Fedor beats the crap out of DC.

Standup = Fedor >>> DC
Subs = Fedor >>> DC
Throws/Trips = Fedor >> DC
Straight Wreslting = DC > Fedor?
First of all that wasn’t true 2009-2011 and lol at your straight wrestling ?

Or the idea that fedor was going to throw dc….

First of all that wasn’t true 2009-2011 and lol at your straight wrestling ?

Or the idea that fedor was going to throw dc….
vucj3JV.gif

LavishKindlyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Jones could actually wrestle with DC. Fedor can’t. Should I show randleman dropping fedor on his head or lindland in position to toss him if not for the rope grab? C’mon. Dc has a big wrestling advantage. Obviously.

Prime Fedor wrecks DC. Wrestlers in general could not out-grapple him.

Fedor my fav fighter but I have to agree with DC. 2009-11 it was clear Fedor had lost a step, even in the fights that he won vs AA/Rogers.

2003-5 Fedor would have crushed everyone though

Cormier is out of his mind. Fedor would have wrecked shit and he knows it. Cain? The guy who can't make it to fights because his body broke? That guy? Sit down, Daniel.

He beats everybody except JDS and Cain, the rest are too slow. 2009

This just confirms Cain could have been the GOAT. Interesting how it all played out though.

I think he was still in or close to his prime in those years. But I can agree Fedor would probably lose to guys like JDS and Cain, but only when those fighters got to the championship level they were at. They would not have stood a chance against Fedor in 2009. Not because Fedor was so great but because they were simply inexperienced newbies then.

Salt city. Fedor will always be above Cormier on the totem pole simply because of the fact that he never cried like a grown ass baby in the ring after another man beat his ass. That’s just a major deal breaker…..

Back