• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DC Believes Fedor Was 'Average At Best' In 2009

Hey DC. Go fight Fedor. Fedor still GOAT HW due to overall resume 10 years after his time on top ended.

What a career.
Fedor is still HW GOAT while DC was never ever the best.

Not the best HW at AKA (Cain). Not the best LHW (Jones) not the best HW(Stipe). Not the best ufc suck up (Rogan). Not the best college or Olympic wrestler.
He’s just salty and insecure

Fedor is still HW GOAT while DC was never ever the best.

Not the best HW at AKA (Cain). Not the best LHW (Jones) not the best HW(Stipe). Not the best ufc suck up (Rogan). Not the best college or Olympic wrestler.
He’s just salty and insecure

In a ring Fedor likely wins over DC..
In a cage DC wrecks Fedor IMO..
As does Cain.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/10...verage-at-best-had-he-come-to-the-ufc-in-2009

“Versus Brock Lesnar, I’ll give you that. I think he beats Brock Lesnar. But outside of that, I don’t think Fedor competes very well in the UFC. I think that, honestly, Fedor not going to the UFC allowed for the intrigue to stay, but the reality of the situation is he would not have done well against those guys like JDS (Junior dos Santos), he wasn’t beating Cain Velasquez, he would have struggled with guys like Cheick Kongo. He was not beating those guys that were at the top of the UFC at that time. I’m certain of it.

“I know you’re gonna say, ‘ Well he beat this guy, he beat (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira and he beat Frank Mir.’ For as great as he is, he would have been, at that time in the sport, average at best. I’m telling you. Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC between 2009-11, average at best.”

Do you agree?
DC is saying what we already know. Most of the Pride guys are overrated. They were all hopped up on turbocharged PED's. When they came over to the U.S. most of them didn't have as much success and didn't appear to fight as good as they did in Pride. It's a truth the Pride people have a hard time accepting. There were a lot of great fighters in Pride but as Max says.....It is what it is!

DC is saying what we already know. Most of the Pride guys are overrated. They were all hopped up on turbocharged PED's. When they came over to the U.S. most of them didn't have as much success and didn't appear to fight as good as they did in Pride. It's a truth the Pride people have a hard time accepting. There were a lot of great fighters in Pride but as Max says.....It is what it is!
Mixed results for sure..

Who had CC getting his head kicked nearly clean off by some unknown Brazilian in the UFC?

Again, it’s fascinating. Fedor’s fanatics all claim he was a shell of himself (and had been declining for a while) and that’s why he lost yet DC says the same thing and it’s rage time.

In respective primes? Cain and DC stand little chance in alley, cave, ring, cage pit, sea level beach etc
That is your nostalgia talking friend..

Not based in logic.. Fedor was NOT a good cage fighter. His career proves it..

His peak style is more suited for the ring..

Again, it’s fascinating. Fedor’s fanatics all claim he was a shell of himself (and had been declining for a while) and that’s why he lost yet DC says the same thing and it’s rage time.
They are NOT reading "2009"

Just "Fedor" And they go full throttle Nostalgic..

That is your nostalgia talking friend..

Not based in logic.. Fedor was NOT a good cage fighter. His career proves it..

His peak style is more suited for the ring..
In his career during his peak his in cage sample size is how much for you to reach this LOGIC? You are the one assuming here.

It’s not just Fedor defenders it’s also; guys sick of DC, the company man, over the top shill, and brown noser too! Myself included

The following Prdie fighters had major success in the UFC

Anderson Silva- MW GOAT candidate
Rampage -LHW Champ
Shogun-LHW Champ
Nog- HW Champ
Werdum-HW Champ
Overeem-HW challenger
Hendo-Multiple time title challenger

Fedor's losses are primarily to other Pride fighters...Mitrione (almost double KO) and Bader are the only two that got him from the UFC. Mitrione is done and Bader is on a run of losses. Fedor still beating top guys in Bellator in year 21 of his career.

Shall I continue?

In his career during his peak his in cage sample size is how much for you to reach this LOGIC? You are the one assuming here.

He avoided the UFC in part because of the cage.. Sure that is a guess on my part, but when you look at his performances in the cage in SF.. I'd say it is a good guess.. At that stage of his career it was the UFC or SF to make that paper. He was out of options.

DC coming with that uneducated mma cashew fan opinion.

He avoided the UFC in part because of the cage.. Sure that is a guess on my part, but when you look at his performances in the cage in SF.. I'd say it is a good guess.. At that stage of his career it was the UFC or SF to make that paper. He was out of options.
So first you have realized you are assuming the octagon part now solve the other part of the puzzle: was he in his prime when he came to strikeforce? And you will soon realize you are literally doing (but on the other side) what you are accusing Fedor fan boys of doing!

If you want plain facts: DC and cains reign at the top (of a weaker division btw) wasn’t even long enough to put them in top five HWs category. Timmeh and Stipe have more title success and reigns in ufc, than both these guys combined. Fighter X vs Figther Y on a certain date, conditions and location (sea level) are all hypothetical. The volume of success over the careers is apparent. Fedor blows those two out of the water.

was he in his prime when he came to strikeforce?

No he was NOT.. But some of his rivals like CC came to the UFC, with massive expectations. Shit didn't pan out..

And you will soon realize you are literally doing (but on the other side) what you are accusing Fedor fan boys of doing!

Alrighty..

If you want plain facts: DC and cains reign at the top (of a weaker division btw) wasn’t even long enough to put them in top five HWs category. Timmeh and Stipe have more title success and reigns in ufc, than both these guys combined. Fighter X vs Figther Y on a certain date, conditions and location (sea level) are all hypothetical. The volume of success over the careers is apparent. Fedor blows those two out of the water.

For his career longevity Fedor still is the HW GOAT..

But prime for prime in the UFC. I am taking Cain, DC and probably also Stipe to beat Fedor.. 2010 I take Brock also.. BigFoot took Fedor down and blasted him..

The ring may be different.. But that cage was NOT Fedor's friend.

Maybe Kosaka isn’t necessarily a can, but he’s definitely not the level of opponent a world HW champ should be fighting and he definitely wouldn’t competitive against modern HW’s.

I never once disputed the fact that Fedor was the best fighter during his era. That’s exactly who he was, but to suggest he would run through modern HW’s like Ngannou or Gane is ridiculous. DC would’ve beaten any version of Fedor as well.

Who does suggest that?
Those are tough fights for anybody but to suggest prime Fedor doesnt stand a chance is ridiculous as well

The following Prdie fighters had major success in the UFC

Anderson Silva- MW GOAT candidate
Rampage -LHW Champ
Shogun-LHW Champ
Nog- HW Champ
Werdum-HW Champ
Overeem-HW challenger
Hendo-Multiple time title challenger

Fedor's losses are primarily to other Pride fighters...Mitrione (almost double KO) and Bader are the only two that got him from the UFC. Mitrione is done and Bader is on a run of losses. Fedor still beating top guys in Bellator in year 21 of his career.

Shall I continue?
If you read my post I said there were many great fighters from Pride, you listed many of them. There are levels of greatness and watching Jon Jones fight Shogun and Rampage tells that story. Silva is the guy who stands out. He came over here and was better than Pride.

It's like stirring up the Fedor fanboy hornet's nest when you say stuff like that.

“Versus Brock Lesnar, I’ll give you that. I think he beats Brock Lesnar. But outside of that, I don’t think Fedor competes very well in the UFC. I think that, honestly, Fedor not going to the UFC allowed for the intrigue to stay, but the reality of the situation is he would not have done well against those guys like JDS (Junior dos Santos), he wasn’t beating Cain Velasquez, he would have struggled with guys like Cheick Kongo. He was not beating those guys that were at the top of the UFC at that time. I’m certain of it.

“I know you’re gonna say, ‘ Well he beat this guy, he beat (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira and he beat Frank Mir.’ For as great as he is, he would have been, at that time in the sport, average at best. I’m telling you. Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC between 2009-11, average at best.”

That's a quote. He is saying Fedor is overrated because all these guys were better. It's not some respectful Prime vs Prime or due to the passage of time. He is saying those UFC HWs were better. What is getting missed is Big Nog, Rothwell and Kongo were Cain's path to the heavyweight title fight against Brock all around 09. By discrediting Fedor, he discredits Cain also.

Fedor was beating Arlovski and Tim Sylvia around that time one fight removed from title status. Remember that was when Randy Couture was a top HW in the UFC. Big Nog took the interim and Mir took out Big Nog.
Fedor went 11-5 from 2009 at the twilight of his career. DC left when he started losing regularly because he knew he was done.

No he was NOT.. But some of his rivals like CC came to the UFC, with massive expectations. Shit didn't pan out..

Alrighty..

For his career longevity Fedor still is the HW GOAT..

But prime for prime in the UFC. I am taking Cain, DC and probably also Stipe to beat Fedor.. 2010 I take Brock also.. BigFoot took Fedor down and blasted him..

The cage may be different.. But that cage was NOT Fedor's friend.
Yeah CC started poorly in ufc but he avenged his worst loss and went on a winning streak to finish his career and even won a favourable k1 title, something he couldn’t in his prime.

Also zombie version of many years past expiry date Big Nog came over around that time and win the ufc title so there’s that for hypotheticals.

I understand what you are saying and I wouldn’t hold Fedor a favorite against any of these guys in the last decade or so. But the point you are emphasizing on is not what one would focus on over the entirety of careers.

that’s like saying GSP would lose to every Modern MW and WW post USADA cause while they never crossed paths in their primes Izzy, Romero, Whitaker, Colby, usman, burns, etc would all beat him because GSP got lit up by Hendricks for five rounds (even though if you shut Joe Rogan up and watch the fight GSP clearly won!) and only beat a blind Bisping (who no matter how dismissive one wants to be one has to admit Bisping was the defending Champion at that time)

Back