DC Believes Fedor Was 'Average At Best' In 2009

I don’t care about 2009 Fedor being past it. Prime Fedor smashes prime DC, Cain, and every other HW fighter outside of Brocktober.

Lesnar in his debut beats any version of Fedor, no doubt in my mind.

lol what? lesnar doesn't beat fedor. lesnar had minimal skills, and look at how lesnar withered once carwin landed a good shot on him. it's amazing the amount of people that fell for the brock hype.

Fedor decapitated the #2 ranked HW on the planet in 2009, though I would agree he was on the decline by then. Prime Fedor tho besmirches any version of DC or any other HW

lol what? lesnar doesn't beat fedor. lesnar had minimal skills, and look at how lesnar withered once carwin landed a good shot on him. it's amazing the amount of people that fell for the brock hype.

I don't know where people get the idea that Brock was this unstoppable monster. Couture had already exposed that a good wrestler can defend his takedowns and he couldn't take down a fresh Carwin. People put him on a pedestal based solely on the second Mir fight. The problem is that Mir was never particularly good at defending takedowns or avoiding getting wrestlefucked.

this is what happens when dc isn't shoveling food in his mouth. he has the opportunity to say dumb shit like this.

You must've watched a different fight lol.

I saw Brock survive against a guy with 12 straight first round KO's them finish him in the second.

Brock-Fedor woulda been uglier than Bigfoot-Fedor. Thats why Fedor turned down 8 figures

I don't know where people get the idea that Brock was this unstoppable monster. Couture had already exposed that a good wrestler can defend his takedowns and he couldn't take down a fresh Carwin. People put him on a pedestal based solely on the second Mir fight. The problem is that Mir was never particularly good at defending takedowns or avoiding getting wrestlefucked.

agreed.

Around 2010? Yeah, Fedor was clearly past prime.

Average might be too harsh, but I'd pick JDS, DC, Cain, UberReem, and Carwin over him. And of course, Werdum and Bigfoot defeated him in real life.

Prime Fedor speed blitzes everyone in that list outside of DC, though. But JDS and Carwin can make it a tough fight and potentially win.

"Prime" Fedor's 2nd best opponent beaten is Mark Hunt.

Look at the 7 guys he fought between Nog 1 & 2 and tell me who you think is competitive in todays HW landscape

I saw Brock survive against a guy with 12 straight first round KO's them finish him in the second.

Brock-Fedor woulda been uglier than Bigfoot-Fedor. Thats why Fedor turned down 8 figures

i obviously disagree. fedor in the same situation as carwin would have submitted brock. but it seemed carwin was content to punch and then eventually gassed. also, that fight would have been stopped with carwin winning, but the powers that be seemed to have wanted that fight to go on to give brock every chance imaginable. it's kind of like how conor gets free passes in fights to do illegal stuff.

The idea that Cain in '09 struggled with Kongo and literally had Ben Rothwell standing up while Cain was teeing off on him. Having a pair of favorable match-ups in '10 and finished in a little over a minute in '11 by JDS isn't convincing me that he's some killer.

So 1 loss that he emphatically avenged 2x and 2 total dominations???

lol at "struggled with Kongo"

JDS destroys Fedor btw

In 2011, Fedor was stopped via TKO by Bigfoot Silva, a guy who had a couple wins in the UFC but ultimately had a losing record in that organization. Everyone declines, some faster than others. With that said, I'd wager that there are few aspiring, let alone professional fighters who wouldn't kill for Fedor's career and fame.

Kosaka always had a 50/50 record and he was ranked only #14 in the world when he fought Fedor the first time and #12 when they fought the 2nd time. And he’s an impressive 5’11 tall 220 pound “heavyweight”. Lol. The fact he was ranked even that high, just shows how shitty was the division back then.

And do champions deserve praise for beating #12 guy in the world? Imagine Ngannou putting up a 3 win streak next, against guys like Tybura, Augusto Sakai and Oleynik. Nobody would give a shit! Somehow Fedor is considered a god for such an incredible achievements. His win streak only lasted so long because he had 3-4 cans between each credible opponent.

Dude, stop talking like a morog calling fighters as Kohsaka "cans". If you will spend your days in the forum at least show a bit of rspect.

Fedor was considered the best man in the planet for at least 2002-2008. There wasnt anybody out there who any pundit or fellow fighter would favour over Emelianenko. Doesnt matter what a weirdo in a forum shit talks in retrospect.

Brett Rogers had like 12 straight first round KOs when Fedor knocked his noggin into orbit and derailed his career.

Brock was lucky Carwin completely gassed trying to get the fight stopped (and most fights would've been stopped in the same situation, but Brock was the golden cash cow and got protected)

What is even the point of talking shit about 2009 Fedor who was already way past his prime?

In 2011, Fedor was stopped via TKO by Bigfoot Silva, a guy who had a couple wins in the UFC but ultimately had a losing record in that organization. Everyone declines, some faster than others. With that said, I'd wager that there are few aspiring, let alone professional fighters who wouldn't kill for Fedor's career and fame.
It was a doctor's stoppage after 1-1 in rounds. It's generally not a good idea ending up underneath a 280 lbs guy on TRT with sledgehammer hands when you're only 230 yourself. So yes, he lost that second round emphatically, but that's about it. I saw no indication that Bigfoot was the better fighter. Fedor looked a lot better in the first round. Who knows how a third round would've gone.

He would have lost to Brock in his debut fight. But, average at best sounds like hater talk. Like DC has a bone to pick or something.

It was a doctor's stoppage after 1-1 in rounds. It's generally not a good idea ending up underneath a 280 lbs guy on TRT with sledgehammer hands when you're only 230 yourself. So yes, he lost that second round emphatically, but that's about it. I saw no indication that Bigfoot was the better fighter. Fedor looked a lot better in the first round. Who knows how a third round would've gone.

Fedor lost regardless of how he looked to a guy who had a bad run in the UFC. Honestly I surprised he is still fighting as recently as 2020 if I'm not mistaken.

Fedor lost regardless of how he looked to a guy who had a bad run in the UFC. Honestly I surprised he is still fighting as recently as 2020 if I'm not mistaken.
Bigfoot only started to have a bad run in the UFC once Testosterone Replacement Therapy got banned. He knocked Overeem out in UFC while still on TRT. Same Overeem who made Brock Lesnar look like a child.

Brett Rogers had like 12 straight first round KOs when Fedor knocked his noggin into orbit and derailed his career.

Brock was lucky Carwin completely gassed trying to get the fight stopped (and most fights would've been stopped in the same situation, but Brock was the golden cash cow and got protected)

Rogers found arlovskis notoriously weak chin and has zero other decent wins.

He was a bum and was dispatched of early and easily in the SF grand prix

Back