Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)

Lol I watched it, still have little clue to wtf this is about.

Be prepared for the billion analysis videos on the story/

Really? I only watched the first 3 mins and I got an idea of what's going on. Don't get me wrong still plenty of questions but I got a general idea of what my mission is at least.

Really? I only watched the first 3 mins and I got an idea of what's going on. Don't get me wrong still plenty of questions but I got a general idea of what my mission is at least.
The first 3 minutes, I feel are essentilly the start of the game, easy to figure out but then just gets more and more bizarre where all the characters seem like enemies and friends whatever, maybe Im too fried.

The first 3 minutes, I feel are essentilly the start of the game, easy to figure out but then just gets more and more bizarre where all the characters seem like enemies and friends whatever, maybe Im too fried.

Ah yea I didn't watch beyond that. I just wanted an idea of what exactly I was doing and I was good to go. There also looks like there is something going on with your skin throughout the game which I'm sure will play a big part in the story.

I've stayed away from seeing too much of this game. It still seems like a massive mystery right now, and I think that's the way it's meant to be, but it's hard to justify parting with money for a mystery box.

The last game this mysterious was probably No Man's Sky, and that was a red flag from the beginning. They avoided showing gameplay because there was none to show.

I trust Kojima to make a decent game of Death Stranding but I'm not sure if I entirely trust him to not pull a MGS4 with cutscenes which take the piss. That kind of thing, to me, is video games bowing down to film standards (and still not reaching them). I think there are better ways to tell stories in video games and that cutscenes are an unimaginative, boring, and disengaging solution.

I don't really know of any reviewers who have the same tastes as I do since Greg K left Gamespot so I'm not sure when I'll bite on this one, but I am interested. 10/10 reviews mean nothing to me at this point. I feel like, the more niche this game is, the better it will be.

Reviewing rolling out.. literally range from 3's to 10's. From what I've read, the graphics are breathtaking, the story and gameplay fucking bizarre..

Typical Kojima.
<36>

While on the topic, I found these reviews especially hilarious..

IMG_20191101_094611.jpg

IMG_20191101_095639.jpg

Last edited:
Reviewing rolling out.. literally range from 3's to 10's. From what I've read, the graphics are breathtaking, the story and gameplay fucking bizarre..

Typical Kojima.
His games have always been critical darlings though, even with the weird Kojima nonsense. This one seems to be all over the place, seems like you either love or hate the game, and tbh Im looking forward to it even more now.

Will I like it? I dont know. But Im excited. Seems to have a slow start but gets more rewarding as it goes on, I usually dock points for that in my shows/games etc.

The varied reviews have made me a little more curious. From my perspective, games which get a load of 10/10 scores tend to be overly broad and generic just with big budgets and nice cutscenes. A mainstream reviewer's 10/10 tends to be a 7 or 8 for me at most, whereas a reviewer's 8/10 tends to mean niche appeal which isn't trying to cater to everyone, which I prefer. I don't trust these reviewers at all based on the 9/10 or 10/10 scores they've awarded in the past few years. My tastes just don't align.

I think I may have to cave in and watch a few gameplay videos.

Seen the Eurogamer and Gamespot review so far. Undecided, seems interesting and different, also seems like it could be pretentious and boring.. guess i need to watch some more gameplay footage.

His games have always been critical darlings though, even with the weird Kojima nonsense. This one seems to be all over the place, seems like you either love or hate the game, and tbh Im looking forward to it even more now.

Will I like it? I dont know. But Im excited. Seems to have a slow start but gets more rewarding as it goes on, I usually dock points for that in my shows/games etc.
That slow start from what I've read, amounts to 15-20 hours of gametime..
<6>

<6>

15 hours of walking across the world delivering packages before any of the more interesting mechanics and story arc's kick in...not sure if I have the mental cardio to work my way through that.

<6>
Yikes, I already despise current open world games, and fetch quests.

I hope Kojima pulls it off.

The varied reviews have made me a little more curious. From my perspective, games which get a load of 10/10 scores tend to be overly broad and generic just with big budgets and nice cutscenes. A mainstream reviewer's 10/10 tends to be a 7 or 8 for me at most, whereas a reviewer's 8/10 tends to mean niche appeal which isn't trying to cater to everyone, which I prefer. I don't trust these reviewers at all based on the 9/10 or 10/10 scores they've awarded in the past few years. My tastes just don't align.

I think I may have to cave in and watch a few gameplay videos.

All Kojima games are automatically 10/10 because Kojima fans don't actually care what the game is. They just want to see his name on the box.

Yikes, I already despise current open world games, and fetch quests.

I hope Kojima pulls it off.
I'll probably eventually buy it.. a game entirely based on the premise of bizarre fetch quests has peaked my curiosity. lol.

Last edited:
I'll probably eventually buy it.. a game entirety based on the premise of bizarre fetch quests has peaked my curiosity. lol.
Pre-ordered but my expectations werent extremely high anyways, it was more for the curiosity of unshackled Kojima.

I'll probably eventually buy it.. a game entirely based on the premise of bizarre fetch quests has peaked my curiosity. lol.
That's how I feel. Despite the reviews my feeling is that this could possibly be a game I absolutely love. But it's too big of a risk to spend $60 on

That's how I feel. Despite the reviews my feeling is that this could possibly be a game I absolutely love. But it's too big of a risk to spend $60 on

Yea I'm out. I didn't like what I was hearing at all. Star Wars comes out a week after this I'd rather just wait.

15 hours of walking across the world delivering packages before any of the more interesting mechanics and story arc's kick in...not sure if I have the mental cardio to work my way through that.

I don't understand why developers do this. I don't see any negatives in making a game interesting from the start.

Back