Dendrophile Jiri is back in the woods

I enjoyed his response, as I always do yours Blanqua!

I wish him all the best, take nothing away for that performance... There was a point fairly early in the fight Jiri was smiling akin to Amanda Nunes or something, sick stuff... And I said something along the lines of to my partner "this fight is going how he wants it, It's not easy to tell but I'm pretty confident he's saving his energy or something and is going to ramp up the gears when the time is right"... And then he did.

My only gripes at all are with the build up, questions asked which lead to bad answers, which lead to more of the same... twas marketing shite to 'make people have a reason to watch these two' whether it's the flag, the samurai shite, what ever, they pushed it, and they pushed it hard.... The fight was always gonna sell itself, i get why it was promoted that way, I just really hate it, I believe it made them both look silly and really felt like they were being put in unnatural(for them) situations for the sell of the fight.. Don't see them promoting say Alex Periera in that way.

He's self aware, does of a good job of joking it off... but I hate the questioning, fuckin leave him alone.

Great post man ^

Thx I had not seen that clip. He did answer it well... and did seem frustrated by it.

Any of that loudmouth, cunty, manufactured drama, even when just one side is pushing that stuff (both scenarios probably pushed for by UFC) used to bug me a lot too. I guess it is a formula that they see as working - selling tickets to less intelligent people, and creating soundbites for social media for the same purpose.

I would prefer something with a more respectful base, but doubt that is something we will see more of.

Genuine beef and hatred I have no issue with either tho. I guess that's key - 'genuine' / authentic. Has a much better feel.

You are right too - guy moves to the woods to be left alone, maybe leave him the fuck alone? lol.

Great post man ^

Thx I had not seen that clip. He did answer it well... and did seem frustrated by it.

Any of that loudmouth, cunty, manufactured drama, even when just one side is pushing that stuff (both scenarios probably pushed for by UFC) used to bug me a lot too. I guess it is a formula that they see as working - selling tickets to less intelligent people, and creating soundbites for social media for the same purpose.

I would prefer something with a more respectful base, but doubt that is something we will see more of.

Genuine beef and hatred I have no issue with either tho. I guess that's key - 'genuine' / authentic. Has a much better feel.

You are right too - guy moves to the woods to be left alone, maybe leave him the fuck alone? lol.
Glad I eventually managed to explain myself how I wanted to, just got home from long days work and i'm intoxicated to fuck.

fully agree with everything you posted and understand your initial pushbacks on my shit.

Blanqa Blanqua bless.
<RomeroSalute>

Glad I eventually managed to explain myself how I wanted to, just got home from long days work and i'm intoxicated to fuck.

fully agree with everything you posted and understand your initial pushbacks on my shit.

Blanqa Blanqua bless.
<RomeroSalute>

Same to you bro, have a great night.

(On mobile now, with no emojis, so imagine a Yoel salute here lol)

Btw sir, you can access the emojis on mobile ;)
On mine they are unavailable, have been for about a month. That whole line of text edits / menu is just greyed out :(

I need to try some of @Substance Abuse 's suggestions with adblocker etc, it's just that that technology stuff is hard for me to confront. I can still type tho, so am happy enough with that lol, and do the fancy stuff when I am on computer :)

Seems Rakic was wrong.
Turns out you can be a Samurai after reading a book lol
Well he certainly came up second best to Jiri's Bushido spirit in the cage lol

On the subject of Samurais and such things... Here are some still pics from long ago, beside the Kamo river running through Kyoto, where the last man legally allowed to carry a Samurai sword in Japan sliced a radish on some guys belly. Never know who it could be ;)

Last edited:
On mine they are unavailable, have been for about a month. That whole line of text edits / menu is just greyed out :(

I need to try some of @Substance Abuse 's suggestions with adblocker etc, it's just that that technology stuff is hard for me to confront. I can still type tho, so am happy enough with that lol, and do the fancy stuff when I am on computer :)

Well he certainly came up second best to Jiri's Bushido spirit in the cage lol

On the subject of Samurais and such things... Here are some still pics from long ago, beside the Kamo river running through Kyoto, where the last man legally allowed to carry a Samurai sword in Japan sliced a radish on some guys belly. Never know who it could be ;)

View attachment 1040306

So...in the reply box there's 3 sets of 3 dots.
If you click the middle set it should open up more options.

Try that.

Dude should talk less and continue to fight how he fights.. The 'Your not Samurai Bro' vs 'Nah I am samurai buddy, well not samurai but I feel samuraiish' shite was corny as hell... Both Rakic and Jiri are better than that, it takes away for me seeing absolute badasses awkwardly approaching marketing in broken english.. That said, Great fight, Jiri bless.
Watch it sober

Its funny how Jiri seems genuinely perplexed that someone would shit talk him.

"Well, that is not very nice"

lol, I loved too that he said if he really had a problem with someone he would go to their house.

When I was young I would work bars, and security. Guys would sometimes get mouthy and want to fight, but I thought it disrespectful to my employer to fight there, and unethical to fight drunks. So I would often go to their house the next day, failing that just next time I see them in public, offer to fight them if they were still keen. I thought it more honourable and fair.

Now looking back I understand that it made me seem like a psychopath lol.

<Fedor23>

lol, I loved too that he said if he really had a problem with someone he would go to their house.

When I was young I would work bars, and security. Guys would sometimes get mouthy and want to fight, but I thought it disrespectful to my employer to fight there, and unethical to fight drunks. So I would often go to their house the next day, failing that just next time I see them in public, offer to fight them if they were still keen. I thought it more honourable and fair.

Now looking back I understand that it made me seem like a psychopath lol.

<Fedor23>
<{ByeHomer}>

Yeah it sounds strange, but to me society is the stranger.

It’s pretty accepted that drunks can get aggressive, want to fight. It’s pretty accepted that bouncers beat up aggressive drunks.

But offer that same aggressive man a fight under fair and sober circumstances and it’s considered abhorrent.

Yet here we have a billion dollar sport based on that same premise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back