Deserves its own thread: AJ’s post-fight freakout

His team where telling him he was up 3-0 when he was actually down a rd probably messed with his prepection on how the fight went. He put everything he had into the fight and lost. No one has ever said AJ isn't anything but a great guy so I'm not taking it as anything more than a lapse in judgement after being punched in the head for 12 rds.

The fame, icon status, and yes men have turned him into another disconnected celebrity weirdo who thinks it's all about him. Didn't get gifted a decision for the second time in a row, that was enough for the exaggerated nice guy persona to snap.
Is this also why Mike Tyson bit Holyfield's ear in their rematch that time?

Is this also why Mike Tyson bit Holyfield's ear in their rematch that time?
Mike was always nuts but yeah losing his original team and surrounding himself with sleazy people probably played a role.

A combination of trying to have the last word and trying to seem humble while giving props to Usyk, it was strange and unnecessary, could have been worse I guess but something tells me his fan base diggs that shit up

His team where telling him he was up 3-0 when he was actually down a rd probably messed with his prepection on how the fight went. He put everything he had into the fight and lost. No one has ever said AJ isn't anything but a great guy so I'm not taking it as anything more than a lapse in judgement after being punched in the head for 12 rds.

No he's really not. He was a drug dealer before he started boxing and he used to go around taking money and drugs off other dealers...he got caught with a lot in his car hence why he was going to prison until boxing saved him I.E. he was at court but because he was a good boxer and a potential "Olympic athlete" he got a slap on the wrist.

It's been mentioned by many people who know him and Whyte and othwrs have said it many times in the past....Good boy persona to keep up apperences and sponsors.

No he's really not. He was a drug dealer before he started boxing and he used to go around taking money and drugs off other dealers...he got caught with a lot in his car hence why he was going to prison until boxing saved him I.E. he was at court but because he was a good boxer and a potential "Olympic athlete" he got a slap on the wrist.

It's been mentioned by many people who know him and Whyte and othwrs have said it many times in the past....Good boy persona to keep up apperences and sponsors.
So...the story of a typical black boxer who started off as a hoodlum until boxing saved their lives?

Well...Mike Tyson got saved earlier, got treated like a son, and still had the audacity to let the beast out at certain times which caused some catastrophically-cringe worthy memes.

At least AJ didnt bite Usyk's ear

I know a lot of good people who use to do that sort of stuff in their younger days so I don't really put much merit in what people use to do growing up. Honestly I think your over thinking pre fight talk mic bites. When people aren't good you will hear it said from people close to them.

AJ heart be hurtin inside

He got his wife taken tonight when it should have been the reverse

yes, it was quite embarrassing for AJ. you could tell he really really really wanted to win that one bad. Now he has 2 losses to Usyk and he just didnt know how to handle that, and lost it mentally in a weird way.

Didn’t think anybody would rival Wilder after the 2nd Fury fight, AJs off to a flier though, quite impressive actually.
So Joshua vs Wilder now?
I got Wilder via KO

Yeah I dont like what he did but I feel bad he lost his dream and opportunity to be an all time great or the top dog of this crop.
Dude had all the tools.

Tough pill to swallow, not doubt. Not all of them, physical tools are just part of the equation.

I hate that he had that melt down on such large stage, it’s gonna take quite awhile to live this one down.

Why didn't anyone take the mic off hin? Usyk was very patient lol, that was weird

I forgive him. The man just spent 36 Minutes getting blasted in the face by the heavyweight champion. I couldn’t imagine doing a coherent interview after going 12 long hard rounds with the #1 heavyweight in the world. Rooting for AJ to pull through this and return stronger than ever

Back