Did Pereira expose Adesanya and destroy his legacy?

If Silva fought the striking talents that Izzy fought he wouldn't have looked that good. What good striker did he fight other than non-trt Vitor?

Lol this whole forum is basically deluded to with this Anderson SIlva myth because they are not smart enough to objectively look at the talent he fought.

Decent fighters but C level strikers at best. Just athletic power guys with limited technical skills (vitor, hendo, Griffin, leben etc). All custom made for a guy like "prime" anderson to beat.

He gets murdered by Alex, Rob, non charity Izzy

Sorry, but that's just stupid.
You talk about how he "can't win without a massive height and reach advantage" and try to prove this asinine point by providing the examples of Jan, Alex???
In Alex, he had no choice, but have you considered that he made the choice of fighting against a fighter bigger than (in Jan)??? So WTF are you talking about? He didn't run from any top contender, Alex included! And he was winning that fight! It's not like he was humiliated through 5 rounds! So again, WTF are you talking about???

It's not his fault his genetics gave him height or reach. And obviously the trade is power (i.e. Paulo Costa is smaller but much stronger).
And it's not like a smaller guy i.e. Whittaker didn't taller guys with more reach up until Adesanya.
I am sure all his opponents have training experience with guys much bigger than them in their gyms. That's actually how you train!! You bring guys that have similar size and skills of Adesanya, and spar with him, so you know what to expect.
Hell, Alex trained mainly with Glover!

And last (but not least), no loss can erase what he accomplished.
He may not beat the record of most (consecutive) wins, but nothing stops him from winning the belt once again and dominating for 5 more years! Again, he was beating Alex in all score cards when he got tagged in the 5th.

The OP you are replying too @NEETzschean is a legit brain dead moron.

I've gone through this discussion with him over and over, he hand picks all great examples of tall rangy fighters dominating (izzy, anderson, Max, Jones etc) to support his point, but flat out ignores all counter examples (Volk, khabib, Islam, Aldo, usman etc).

Deludedly thinks izzy is big, when factually izzy is a smaller middle weight, barely cutting 10 lbs and known for being skinny. The retard confuses size with height. Happy to acknowledge benefits of a tall and skinny frame but none of the disadvantages.

izzy lost the standup against jan, him being "mma's best striker" was bullshit from the start

Preach on..
tumblr_mz7h3pX11a1t9j2fvo1_400.gif

The OP you are replying too @NEETzschean is a legit brain dead moron.

I've gone through this discussion with him over and over, he hand picks all great examples of tall rangy fighters dominating (izzy, anderson, Max, Jones etc) to support his point, but flat out ignores all counter examples (Volk, khabib, Islam, Aldo, usman etc).

Deludedly thinks izzy is big, when factually izzy is a smaller middle weight, barely cutting 10 lbs and known for being skinny. The retard confuses size with height. Happy to acknowledge benefits of a tall and skinny frame but none of the disadvantages.
LOL
If his point was valid, then Stefan Struve should have been in GOAT talks...
And Fedor would obviously not be the GOAT gifting us with this iconic picture that quite clearly proves size is not the end all be all.
hqdefault.jpg

No.

Yan did.
This is the real truth lol. Izzy really did a disservice to himself with that awful Performance against Jan. It would have been one thing if Izzy only got outwrestled by Jan, but he also got out struck by him. That pretty much killed any sort of champion aura Izzy had.

No his legacy isnt destroyed. People love to get the hammer and nails out,but him losing to a guy who has his number,doesnt invalidate what came before. What is the rush? Why do people want to scrub a guy's career away due to a loss?

Hell Khabib didnt even lose,and when Olivera showed up,they are like omg he is destroying Khabib's legacy yaaaaaaaaaaayy

This is the real truth lol. Izzy really did a disservice to himself with that awful Performance against Jan. It would have been one thing if Izzy only got outwrestled by Jan, but he also got out struck by him. That pretty much killed any sort of champion aura Izzy had.
Yan gets soo much hate, so even Izzy haters will deny this fact. That said, if Alex improves his cardio and TDD he will best Izzy 4-0.
I kind of hope they do an immediate rematch so when Izzy loses for the 4th time, there will be no chance for another rematch.

Lol this whole forum is basically deluded to with this Anderson SIlva myth because they are not smart enough to objectively look at the talent he fought.

Decent fighters but C level strikers at best. Just athletic power guys with limited technical skills (vitor, hendo, Griffin, leben etc). All custom made for a guy like "prime" anderson to beat.

He gets murdered by Alex, Rob, non charity Izzy

I wouldnt say murdered but definitely not entering the matrix. It's easy to look good against weak opposition. Applicable to literally all sports. Silva's competition wasn't weak, but not on the level of Izzy's competition.

I wouldnt say murdered but definitely not entering the matrix. It's easy to look good against weak opposition. Applicable to literally all sports. Silva's competition wasn't weak, but not on the level of Izzy's competition.

Agreed. He could even beat them a couple of times out of 10. But I definetly think prime Silva is losing most of the time vs those 3. And some of those times it would be brutal.

Well it's probably embarrassing to you because you're not a pro fighter. To a pro fighter, I think wins and losses have to be part of the game. If they were as weak minded as you and you were as strong minded as them, they would probably be on this forum calling YOU embarrassing and you'd be fighting in different countries, chasing your dream of personal greatness.

Everyone has a part to play in life. Some humans play fighting giants, like Izzy. And the cost of that is they will have peons on the anonymous internet belittling them because words are cheap. Actually many words are free. Other humans play the role of idiots on the web who call a champion fighting a fantastic fight and losing "embarrassing" because of some defect in their own character that they can't yet face and tackle.

I, personally, think that if you are not embarrassed for being a silly belittling critic on Sherdog (and no reason you should be ashamed - we all do it sometimes on this site - it's human, and moreover, it's Sherdoggian) then Izzy SHOULD NOT FUCKING be embarrassed for holding a world title in the highest MMA organization on the planet and losing a tough fight to a monster who would chew up a weak minded man like yourself and spit you into a trash can on his way to the gym.

At least Izzy rocked him and almost finished him. To give you some scale, the equivalent for you would be writing a great post that gets lots of likes. Would you feel embarrassed by writing a great post that gets lots of likes? No, right? Neither should Izzy feel embarrassed for being one of the top warriors in the known world.

Of course, we're all free to our opinions so I welcome your right to disagree. It's a free world. As I said, we all have our part to play so please continue playing yours. It's amusing. I like it!
"To a pro fighter, I think wins and losses have to be part of the game."

Izzy said before this fight that "if there's one fight in my career I have to win, it's this one". Defeats like this, getting smashed over and over again by one guy, can haunt fighters for the rest of their lives (even aside from the brain damage that comes with consistently getting your head kicked in). To elite or aspiring-elite fighters like Izzy, defeats usually aren't just "part of the game". Top fighters have been retired by embarrassing losses and more frequently mentally ruined by them.

"If they were as weak minded as you and you were as strong minded as them..."

This nonsense could be applied to anyone on this forum with an opinion about a fighter. It also supposes that I want to be an MMA fighter; a piece of meat beating and getting beaten up for the entertainment of the masses, which I don't. And it doesn't take a huge amount of courage to get in a ring and fight for large amounts of money, especially if you've had a lot of training.

Your reply is a big fanboy tangent. If Izzy "almost killed" Pereira (in your own words) then it's an embarrassing failure to lose the next round and ultimately get destroyed, like missing an open goal in soccer. It just goes to show how inferior Izzy is to Alex if he can't in any tangible way capitalise on having a free shot on him after the bell.

No facts, only speculation...

I repeat the facts :

- He lost to Jan because he was the champion in a heavier weight class.

- He lost to Alex because he's one of the best kickboxer in the world + basically as big as a LHW.
And by the same logic, he beat everyone else because he had more than 4 inches combined height and reach advantage.

Sorry, but that's just stupid.
You talk about how he "can't win without a massive height and reach advantage" and try to prove this asinine point by providing the examples of Jan, Alex???
In Alex, he had no choice, but have you considered that he made the choice of fighting against a fighter bigger than (in Jan)??? So WTF are you talking about? He didn't run from any top contender, Alex included! And he was winning that fight! It's not like he was humiliated through 5 rounds! So again, WTF are you talking about???

It's not his fault his genetics gave him height or reach. And obviously the trade is power (i.e. Paulo Costa is smaller but far stronger).
And it's not like a smaller guy i.e. Whittaker didn't fight and beat taller guys with more reach up until Adesanya.
I am sure all his opponents had training experience with guys much bigger than them in their gyms. That's actually how you train!! You bring guys that have similar size and skills of Adesanya, and spar with him, so you know what to expect.
Hell, Alex trained mainly with Glover!

And last (but not least), no loss can erase what he accomplished.
He may not beat the record of most (consecutive) wins, but nothing stops him from winning the belt once again and dominating for 5 more years! Again, he was beating Alex in all score cards when he got tagged in the 5th.
"And he was winning that fight!"

Until he got destroyed, again.

"It's not his fault his genetics gave him height or reach."

No one said it was.

"I am sure all his opponents had training experience with guys much bigger than them in their gyms"

Regardless of who you spar it's still generally a big disadvantage to give up a lot of height and reach when striking. Izzy beat the stubby guys but couldn't beat the tall rangy guys. That's the bottom line.

"And last (but not least), no loss can erase what he accomplished."

Losses do damage your legacy though. We inevitably see fighters in a different light if they take bad losses as Izzy has, as a clear favourite, in his prime.

"but nothing stops him from winning the belt once again and dominating for 5 more years!"

Alex does.

I dislike Adesanya but the dude can fight. Just so happens this other dude is bigger, better, and 3-0 against him. Probably removes him from GOAT contention at 185.

you're one of those geniuses who watches fights blindfolded and forms opinions by looking at w/l records on wikipedia. is it luck? no, it's just his insane fortitude and devastating power that allows him to win after getting his ass kicked all over the ring by adesanya for 99% of the fight. he has enormous holes in his mma game and pereira will never defend that belt like adesanya has, even if he was ten years younger than he is now.
"Getting his ass kicked all over the ring for 99% of the fight"

Not even a teeny bit biased here huh?

but what was falsely said of adesanya is true of pereira. pereira is probably too old to develop a passable grappling game at this point. he made adesanya look like khabib, so that should tell you something.
He made Izzy look like Khabib

Wow. You really took this loss badly

"To a pro fighter, I think wins and losses have to be part of the game."

Izzy said before this fight that "if there's one fight in my career I have to win, it's this one". Defeats like this, getting smashed over and over again by one guy, can haunt fighters for the rest of their lives (even aside from the brain damage that comes with consistently getting your head kicked in). To elite or aspiring-elite fighters like Izzy, defeats usually aren't just "part of the game". Top fighters have been retired by embarrassing losses and more frequently mentally ruined by them.

"If they were as weak minded as you and you were as strong minded as them..."

This nonsense could be applied to anyone on this forum with an opinion about a fighter. It also supposes that I want to be an MMA fighter; a piece of meat beating and getting beaten up for the entertainment of the masses, which I don't. And it doesn't take a huge amount of courage to get in a ring and fight for large amounts of money, especially if you've had a lot of training.

Your reply is a big fanboy tangent. If Izzy "almost killed" Pereira (in your own words) then it's an embarrassing failure to lose the next round and ultimately get destroyed, like missing an open goal in soccer. It just goes to show how inferior Izzy is to Alex if he can't in any tangible way capitalise on having a free shot on him after the bell.
Your weak mindedness doesn't show from your posting on this forum. It shows from your perspective that he should give up because he's been beaten twice by this man and lost 3 fights to him. Izzy's take the day after this loss was "[If he thinks I'm discouraged] he doesn't know me. I will fight you.... I will fight you until I win. I don't care if I'm 65 years old, I'll go knock on his door and say me and you, right now"

That is a strong mind. Your weak shit is like the sheep's advice to the lion on how to hunt. The lion, with the strong mind, is not in need of your weak mindedness. And no, it doesn't apply to any opinion on this forum. For the guys saying "Great fight! Both men fought well, and Izzy got KO'd again. I wonder if he can beat Alex in a rematch or if Alex really has his number?" - there is no weakness in this kind of perspective. For guys analyzing what happened between them and giving props for being entertained, there is no weakness showing in their responses.

For guys like you, full of negative advice and projections that can only be based on the weakness in your own mind, soul, and personality - I simply point out that you're too mentally weak to understand the mind state of competitors on Israel's level. It's not a bad thing I'm pointing out - it's just a fact that you should simply swallow. You are not strong minded enough to have an appreciative perspective on what went down between these two titans. That's fine. Half of this forum is like that - weak minded fools who call fighters cowards, losers (the moment they experience a loss), and suggest that they should become quitters like they are. Misery loves company and all that.

It's fine and all, but I'm just trying to be helpful and point you to a mirror so you can see yourself in all your weakness and do something about it. You don't have to come across as a weak loser - you have choices in life, NEETzschean. If this is what you choose, then good for you. All actions have consequences and, of course, if you speak weak shit, someone will call you out on speaking weak shit. Iz normal.

The real thing that was exposed was how one dimensional both guys are. That wrestling and ground work was atrocious. Someone with a more rounded skill set would be a huge problem for both of them.

Back