Did Pereira expose Adesanya and destroy his legacy?

The Romero fight in particular has always pointed to the narrative about Izzy being completely off. He did absolutely nothing to hurt a 43-year-old man at all and was terrified of engaging.

I've never seen any other 'GOAT' discussion fighter look as timid as Izzy did in that fight. GSP fought overly cautiously at times but didn't literally sprint in fear of his opponents.

And the reason Izzy was so afraid wasn't because he is some coward, but because he knew that his serious deficiencies could be exploited by an old man. Serious deficiencies that make putting him in GOAT discussion laughable.
<RomeroSalute>

Your weak mindedness doesn't show from your posting on this forum. It shows from your perspective that he should give up because he's been beaten twice by this man and lost 3 fights to him. Izzy's take the day after this loss was "[If he thinks I'm discouraged] he doesn't know me. I will fight you.... I will fight you until I win. I don't care if I'm 65 years old, I'll go knock on his door and say me and you, right now"

That is a strong mind. Your weak shit is like the sheep's advice to the lion on how to hunt. The lion, with the strong mind, is not in need of your weak mindedness. And no, it doesn't apply to any opinion on this forum. For the guys saying "Great fight! Both men fought well, and Izzy got KO'd again. I wonder if he can beat Alex in a rematch or if Alex really has his number?" - there is no weakness in this kind of perspective. For guys analyzing what happened between them and giving props for being entertained, there is no weakness showing in their responses.

For guys like you, full of negative advice and projections that can only be based on the weakness in your own mind, soul, and personality - I simply point out that you're too mentally weak to understand the mind state of competitors on Israel's level. It's not a bad thing I'm pointing out - it's just a fact that you should simply swallow. You are not strong minded enough to have an appreciative perspective on what went down between these two titans. That's fine. Half of this forum is like that - weak minded fools who call fighters cowards, losers (the moment they experience a loss), and suggest that they should become quitters like they are. Misery loves company and all that.

It's fine and all, but I'm just trying to be helpful and point you to a mirror so you can see yourself in all your weakness and do something about it. You don't have to come across as a weak loser - you have choices in life, NEETzschean. If this is what you choose, then good for you. All actions have consequences and, of course, if you speak weak shit, someone will call you out on speaking weak shit. Iz normal.
Tldr

I already knew Adesanya was highly over rated and one of the historically weaker champions in the division. Him losing this didn't surprise me and just reaffirmed what I had already known.

Again retard, weight divisions are done on weight. Not height and reach. When izzy is weighing in less than most of his opponents yet has a height and reach advantage then he's giving up stuff in other areas. Ie grappling. He's had to work on his grappling.

You in your butthurt retard state are confusing someone being skilled - being small for the division (Again braindead retard - divisions are done on weight... not height and reach) but being masterful of their physical advantages (range / height), and working on their disadvantages (strength, lack of wrestling).
Lol at calling others butthurt

Except Pereira was saved by the bell after the first round, he was about to be KO'ed after Izzy rocked him nearly unconscious LMAO.
Except Izzy didn't get saved by the bell and TKO'd and lost his belt. Your troll game is weak. Go and copy and past the quoted message into every Izzy Alex thread. Lol.

I mean, he was losing the fight on every scorecard that exist on the planet and won at the very end with a KO. Nah, I dont think he exposed anyone. If anything, it just proved that all the hype was lame duck as usual. People said this dude was going to beat the living shit out of IA ..... that isnt what happened.
All the hype was lame duck? There was me thinking he just KO'd the #2 P4P to win the MW title in like his 4th UFC fight.

Adesanya is a very good fighter, but he will never be among the greats and there is nothing wrong with that.
He’s like 15 on fightmatrix all time rankings lol.that’s not bad

Lmao your levels of cope are insane.

So every guy is a midget to izzy because he happens to be tall? (Except alex). Cannonier, Costa, Vetorri, Romero etc.??? My God you are a complete and utter deluded retard.

And you exxagerate the reality of the fight. Izzy was ahead 3-1. Only one of those rounds included grappling. And this is the crux of your whole argument. Hilarious.

You're trolling me because I'm arguing with a retard who confuses height and reach with size. Izzy has height and reach. He doesn't have size. He's a small middleweight - always weighs LESS than his opponents.

The anecdotal evidence on height and reach being favorable to champs is unfounded. For every example you can give, there's a counter example. Think (please try for once) who the p4p list is at the moment. Who's the top guy?

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24067525/mma-pound-pound-rankings

3 of the top 4 are shorter stocky guys

Again the disconnect between the garbage you spew and objective reality is astounding. You are so off the mark, such a dribbling moron you get things literally backwards.
Talking of others level of cope with your displays in this thread.

You've taken this loss incredibly sorely.

A very hard narrative to spin he's the best kickboxer when every fight he's been behind out classed and out skilled by Izzy - who this fight was probably 20 lb lighter.

Both his wins have been come from behind which his a testament to his chin, perseverance and power - all great attributes enabling him to equalise but he's not on izzys level skill wise.

And lmao comparing it JDS vs Cain. It has much more in common with Edward's / Usman.
Jesus

You just will not accept any criticism of izzy or positive of Alex will you?

"Very hard to spin" that the guy who is 3 and 0 with 2 KOs is better? I mean c'mon dude. Join the real world. This should have been too embarrassing for you to carry on several pages back.

A 6X MW champ is exposed? As what exactly? The second best MW of all time?

Legacy clearly destroyed.

Simply put: His goal in MMA and what he wanted his legacy to be was to be the GOAT.

After losses to Jan and Alex (3rd time) in addition to close/boring point fighting decision wins over Romero, Whittaker, Vettori, and Cannonier eliminates him as GOAT candidate in MMA.

Except Izzy didn't get saved by the bell and TKO'd and lost his belt. Your troll game is weak. Go and copy and past the quoted message into every Izzy Alex thread. Lol.
The truth hurt don't it? You mad because your hero was saved by the bell in the first round. Meaning, the fight only went past the first round because your hero was saved by the bell.

It sucks being a butt hurt Pereira fan don't it? LMAO

A 6X MW champ is exposed? As what exactly? The second best MW of all time?

Legacy clearly destroyed.

He's not even the best MW right now and he is in his prime. The man literally got taken down by a rookie kickboxer and we are supposed to pretend Izzy genuinely has the overall MMA skillset to be considered the 2nd best ever MW?

Aside from Costa, and that will be rectified soon, Whittaker has beaten every other contender for Izzy's title and usually beaten them more convincingly than Izzy did.

If Whittaker is disqualified from being an overall better MMA fighter than Izzy due to MMAth, then Izzy is disqualified from being ranked as a better MMA fighter than Poatan.

A post-2x Whittaker and Costa war, 43-year-old Romero arguably beat Izzy under the 10-9 system and definitely won under Pride rules. Izzy couldn't do anything to him beyond thigh slaps. A younger Romero would have destroyed him.

Prime Weidman - and I hate Weidman - would also have destroyed him. TRTitor and prime Jacare also probably run through him. A prime Rockhold is 50/50 due to Rockhold's striking defence weakness but I could also see Rockhold murdering Izzy from top position.

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

He's not even the best MW right now and he is in his prime. The man literally got taken down by a rookie kickboxer and we are supposed to pretend Izzy genuinely has the overall MMA skillset to be considered the 2nd best ever MW?

Aside from Costa, and that will be rectified soon, Whittaker has beaten every other contender for Izzy's title and usually beaten them more convincingly than Izzy did.

If Whittaker is disqualified from being an overall better MMA fighter than Izzy due to MMAth, then Izzy is disqualified from being ranked as a better MMA fighter than Poatan.

A post-2x Whittaker and Costa war, 43-year-old Romero arguably beat Izzy under the 10-9 system and definitely won under Pride rules. Izzy couldn't do anything to him beyond thigh slaps. A younger Romero would have destroyed him.

Prime Weidman - and I hate Weidman - would also have destroyed him. TRTitor and prime Jacare also probably run through him. A prime Rockhold is 50/50 due to Rockhold's striking defence weakness but I could also see Rockhold murdering Izzy from top position.

Lol what? Izzy beat everyone Whittaker did. And he beat Whittaker twice as well.

Everything else you just said was speculation.

What a fantasy world you live in.

Back