Dillon Danis & Mansher Khera Suspended From Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu Gym

To be fair, Danis' relationship with Conor and his douchebag attitude is what landed him a Bellator contract. Who gets signed with a pro MMA promotion with absolutely ZERO amateur fights?

CM PUNK

Cuz, 'Merica, and cuz capitalism, and cuz if you don't agree with, yer a terrorist.

You know capitalism just means private ownership, right? You have an issue with that? You want the government to own everything?

I heard Dominque left because of her breakup with Munch. Imma guess he was trying to bag up other girls in the gym and Marcelo wasn't having it. You already got sloppy and had one prospect leave over you, fck that. Suckas shitting where they eat

barf, that dude is ugs

Nate Diaz is McGregor's Sensei. Don't be fooled by the imitations.
Overnight Dillon is an OG??? Come on, bro...
And also, love me some Marcelo. (No romo)

Probably the biggest name in grappling right now. The general consensus in the BJJ and MMA communities is that he will most definitely win the Bellator title eventually making his way to the #1 contender spot in the UFC.

Also, super humble guy on and off the mats. Has built a solid reputation for himself.
Who's part of that general monkey f#%k consensus? Win a title. How about win a fight before we talk about titles.

Last edited:
I'm very, very impressed with Marcello's approach to this situation (without knowing any backstory). BJJ is very lucky to have him, hopefully other Academy owners are or start taking the culture seriously. As others have said, I'm sure kicking people out can be tough but sometimes it's necessary.

Hopefully things work out for these guys.
I don't think Dylan will go too far in MMA. His BJJ is obviously very, very good though, he had the best style there IMO. He needs to find another top notch team or make amends with Marcello. He'll have a hard time keeping his BJJ sharp if he's not in a World Class room regularly.

I have a friend who trains at the Marcelo Garcia Academy, and according to him Marcelo is as good of a person as he is Jiu Jitsu practitioner. Although his style of Jiu Jitsu is very progressive, his personality is very traditional, he truly practices what he preaches when he talks about honor, respect, and tradition (Marcelo will only wear a white GI). Danis is a Jiu Jitsu prodigy, but his actions lately are everything that Marcelo is not. I actually find it a testament to Marcelo's character that he suspended his two best students for behavior that he felt does not represent himself or his academy, few people will actually do that.

You can say Danis is using a persona to make money, but Marcelo never acted in that manor he was always humble and gracious in victory or defeat. When Danis opens up his own school he can do what he wants, but as long as he is representing Marcelo he should conduct himself in a manor that Marcelo approves of.

He's not talking about Dillon trying to make money. He's talking about creating problems in the gym, especially when Marcelo is not there.
He's trying to keep his gym, instructors, and reputation in check. Can you really hold that against him?

What kinds of problems did he cause? Was he rude to students?

I heard Dominque left because of her breakup with Munch. Imma guess he was trying to bag up other girls in the gym and Marcelo wasn't having it. You already got sloppy and had one prospect leave over you, fck that. Suckas shitting where they eat

Bjj guys hooking up with bjj girls? What's wrong with. That?

I have a friend who trains at the Marcelo Garcia Academy, and according to him Marcelo is as good of a person as he is Jiu Jitsu practitioner. Although his style of Jiu Jitsu is very progressive, his personality is very traditional, he truly practices what he preaches when he talks about honor, respect, and tradition (Marcelo will only wear a white GI). Danis is a Jiu Jitsu prodigy, but his actions lately are everything that Marcelo is not. I actually find it a testament to Marcelo's character that he suspended his two best students for behavior that he felt does not represent himself or his academy, few people will actually do that.

You can say Danis is using a persona to make money, but Marcelo never acted in that manor he was always humble and gracious in victory or defeat. When Danis opens up his own school he can do what he wants, but as long as he is representing Marcelo he should conduct himself in a manor that Marcelo approves of.

I agree... But I can see Denis side too...

He's already a huge name, I don't think he will have problems opening up his own academy/Mma gym... Connor might throw some wallet change and set him up...

Not really my place to spread gossip, but I heard this directly from someone that trains at MGA. Dominyka left because she, after an ugly breakup with Mansher, went to the gym leadership with written accusations about senior male students making unwanted advances on other girls. These accusations ended up being untrue enough that she had dug herself a big enough social hole that she had to leave.

This person said that whatever happened between him and Dom, Mansher is a pretty stand-up dude and didn't insinuate any behavior that would lead to getting kicked out. Nothing to add on that point.

To be fair, Danis' relationship with Conor and his douchebag attitude is what landed him a Bellator contract.

I disagree, I think his association with Conor landed him the contract -- but not the douchebag behavior. If Danis acted like a GSP-style saint, he could still make a name for himself just off the association, and his skills.

I think it's a mistake that he is trying to carbon-copy Conor's schtick. Too many guys do that these days. People are drawn to Conor because love him or hate him, he is that dude. If Dillon stopped copying him, I think he would probably have had even more fans.

Who's part of that general monkey f#%k consensus? Win a title. How about win a fight before we talk about titles.
For reals . I haven't heard any " general consensus " that this dude is a lock for the Bellator title than the #1 contender spot in the FRICKING UFC! Dude hasn't even fought yet . Eddie Alvarez didn't even come over as the #1 contender to UFC and he was a major veteran .

Bjj guys hooking up with bjj girls? What's wrong with. That?

It is the unwanted attention that is the problem.

Some guys thing that girls are attending classes to date guys.

I had 2 idiot white belts giving a private class instead of rolling to a woman who came for a free class.

She never came back and I had a,little chat to the 2 idiots.

It is the unwanted attention that is the problem.

Some guys thing that girls are attending classes to date guys.

I had 2 idiot white belts giving a private class instead of rolling to a woman who came for a free class.

She never came back and I had a,little chat to the 2 idiots.

Yes it's a problem, but if I was a kid, I would love to have a girl who also does bjj...

Back