Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

Just seen the cast......saw 43yr old fucking Rob Macdonald and almost spewed......but its actually alright!? Usman, Heiderman, Cole, Paula, Sipe, Bartling

Much better cast than expected

MacDonald hasn’t fought in 12 years and last fought in the UFC on the undercard of Chuck Liddell vs. Babalu. Talk about a name who I never expected to see on a “returning to the Octagon in 2022” on the cards

I have a funny but not sure if it is acceptable or not. Ima fire away.

Is Kimbo coming back this episode?

RIP Kimbo you are a and always will remain a legend and if I am joking about you, you did something right.

I'm curious if any stars can come out the women's division. Heavyweights...not much hope for that at all.

Seems like Nunes and Pena will be the coaches.

Thanks for the thread @Kryptt!

Hey folks. Let's discuss The Ultimate Fighter Season 30. It starts Tuesday May 3, 2022.

FINAL-2215539893_TUF30_SocialAnnouncement_600x25046.jpg

The 30th season of UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter–The Ultimate Fighter: Team Peña vs. Team Nunes–debuts tomorrow exclusively on ESPN+.

Since 2005, The Ultimate Fighter has introduced millions of new fans to the UFC and to future champions and top contenders.

In addition to season 30, fans can watch Seasons 1 through 29 of the popular series on-demand, anytime, on ESPN+.

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Peña vs. Team Nunes

• 12-episode season
  • New episodes each Tuesday
  • Features eight men’s heavyweights (265 lbs.) and eight women’s flyweights (125 lbs.)
  • Contestants live and compete alongside their fellow competitors
  • Coaches: UFC bantamweight champion Julianna Peña and featherweight champion Amanda Nunes, will go head-to-head to help their teams win a UFC contract.

More trailers: 15 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec

To subscribe to ESPN+ visit ESPNPlus.com/ufc

The Ultimate Fighter, the reality show that brought fighters together in a home, has a new home on ESPN+.

The reality series launched the mixed martial arts explosion around the world in 2005. Over the course of 12 weeks, 16 up-and-coming mixed martial artists fought to stay in the house while receiving world-class coaching from the UFC's elite fighters. The winner was declared the Ultimate Fighter and earned a six-figure UFC contract.

The iconic reality series has launched the careers of numerous fighters who went on to become UFC champions, contenders and stars, including: Kamaru Usman, Tony Ferguson, TJ Dillashaw, Rose Namajunas, Michael Bisping, Nate Diaz, Michael Chiesa, Al Iaquinta, Kelvin Gastelum, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Uriah Hall and Conor McGregor, who was a coach in TUF 22.

All 29 seasons will be available on ESPN+. Seasons that are currently available are outlined below. New seasons will be released here every Tuesday. Season 30 is scheduled to be beginning on May 3 and will be broadcast on ESPN+.

No evaluations b4 the picks? WTF.

No way to better show lack of talent than 2 weight classes and no fight to get into the house.

I'll catch it on the flip. Meds made me fall asleep in muh recliner!

<{cruzshake}>

Wow the luxury of being a HW MMA fighter. Next to no skill barrier to entry.

Just watched the first episode and was even worse than expected. The TUF producers are clearly setting up Kamaru's very athletic but unfortunately just not very good brother for an easy win. Theres no other explanation for why the two best fighters would be matched up in the first episode.

Right then. Time for my usual “I’m going to try and watch TUF this season” and end up getting bored 2 episodes in and quitting.

First episode is on Fight Pass. In Canada at least.

Sheesh I missed it. Going to watch now. Thanks for the Sticky Thread in the Heavies. I'll chime in after I'm done the first episode.

Episode 1.

Enjoyed seeing everything in 4k. Up to date production values. The first fight went different from how I anticipated. The emphasis is on the fighters, with fewer histrionics than previous seasons. Training & fights provide enough drama. Pena and Nunes seem like good coaches. Focused on their fighters. Professional and low key. At least so far.

Back