Economy Disney cancels construction of new campus near Orlando due to politics

However much Desantis campaign against Disney is affecting the decision, it's pretty clear that he is losing republican support. He is tanking in the polls and simply doesn't have the balls nor the charisma to stand up to Trump. If he gets on that debate stage with him it's all over.

poll.png

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._republican_presidential_nomination-7548.html

You fools keep saying Meatball Ron is winning.
The dude he just supported in Jacksonville Mayor race just got his shit pushed. Ron has been sucking so bad a Dem wion a Mayor race in Jacksonville. A fucking Dem won Jacksonville, I never thought that would ever happen. What a colossal L for Meatball.
Home owners insurance has double to tripled for everyone this year and the dude who wears lifts, Desantis promised to fix it but is too busy campaigning across America and fucking with the Mouse.
The Rajun Cajun famously said it’s the economy stupid. Ron hooked up the insurance companies with the last insurance bill and non partisan hacks are pissed. Wait until Ron starts taking L’s in court.
There is a reason locally Ron is referred to as Jeb 2.0. He should save everyone the trouble and not declare for President because he is going to be embarrassed.

Wouldn't ever happen.... other than the fact that the mayor before last was a dem too. I guess that's inconvenient to your narrative though.

Attendance is up from last year but don’t want facts to get in the way of your feelings.
That’s crazy
I can’t think of a single reason why a global destination theme park would have higher attendance levels
My bandana that passes for a mask is clearly too tight

I have to wonder if Californians or New Yorkers would win in a battle of least wanted.

I can assure you they are nowhere near as grateful as us Floridians, it's already too crowded down here.
The last thing we need are more migrants coming down here, especially if they are Disney employees from California.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Really gives me an understanding of why my father was always in a slightly less good mood than everyone else on vacation.
I just had this conversation with another dad. It's a vacation for them. It's a job for us. Long road trips are the same. I still like them but no one understands why I'm slightly more tired after said road trip than the people who got to sit around, read books and scroll through their phones for 4+ hours while I focus on the driving. Ungrateful, that's what they are, lol.

Many people are saying this and I’ve been saying this to many people: Trump is always right.

zJSxWTq.jpg

This is all Iger stuff. Dude brought back to be a butcher, no?

No it doesnt. Disney hasnt been as good as they should be doing. Im not sure if theyve lost money, but they sure as shit have left money on the table.

Their Lightyear flopped.
Their star wars park is a disappointment.
Their star wars hotel is a disaster.
Disney + sales are low.
Reviews for their recent movies have been abysmal.

Disney is a business and they keeping fucking shit up. Desantis is going up against a juggernaut and hes holding his own.
Disney is set up in a way where they can take a loss on one business unit or activity and keep it around for their brand. They're extremely profitable everywhere else. But like any company, sometimes they have to make some cuts in some places to keep shareholders happy.

Nothing to do with Desantis. Everything to do with Disney being expensive as well and their profits are shit right now.

They simply is no demand. Cuts to streaming, cutting shows, shitting down hotels cause no demand and way too expensive. OmG thisnis Desantis fault and is screwing florida!!! Look get real

just trying to spin their flailing businesses

“Disney is totally shutting down their massive hotel project after 2 years, despite spending billions, just to own the chuds!!” BlueAnons <45>

Nothing to do with Desantis. Everything to do with Disney being expensive as well and their profits are shit right now.

They simply is no demand. Cuts to streaming, cutting shows, shitting down hotels cause no demand and way too expensive. OmG thisnis Desantis fault and is screwing florida!!! Look get real

just trying to spin their flailing businesses

“Disney is totally shutting down their massive hotel project after 2 years, despite spending billions, just to own the chuds!!” BlueAnons <45>

For the last 12 months Disney has $7.4 billion in operating income and $4.1 billion in net income.

losing 100 billion in market value tends to put a stop to the upgrades.
Not mention that Disney recently just recently had cancelled that Star Wars theme based hotel or motel i suppose.

There was a lack of interest for it, considering the reviews by some for that theme wasn't good.

If i were Disney right now i would be focusing more making animated movies again instated of those VFX/Live Action remakes...

Disney cancelled this because of money not really because of desantis.

Disney had a horrible year.
Yea the thread title is misinformation.. this was approved under the former CEO and Disney had thousands of layoffs since they announced the build on 2021. So they been losing money and having layoffs and yet somehow people think they were about to hire 2k employees and build something that cost that much ???? The current CEO in Nov talked about possibly not continuing this project

For the last 12 months Disney has $7.4 billion in operating income and $4.1 billion in net income.
Disney recently keeps losing and recently lost 4 million subscribers.

There are many who arent liking the current content that Disney is pushing with its modern day politics.

By the way the Peter Pan and Wendy movie got laughed by League of Legends players before the release of the movie.

That tells you something.

Disney recently keeps losing and recently lost 4 million subscribers.

There are many who arent liking the current content that Disney is pushing with its modern day politics.

By the way the Peter Pan and Wendy movie got laughed by League of Legends players before the release of the movie.

That tells you something.

The vast majority of those subscribers were in fricken India when they lost the rights to Premiere League cricket. Disney lost 300k in the US and Canada due to the price hikes. Stop dishonestly framing financial points if you're going to argue them. Read past headlines.

Back