Do YOU listern to modern music?

If you listen to Spotify regularly check out your weekly personalised "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly" mixes. The algorithms have matured to the point that you can all but guarantee to like many of the songs, a significant percentage of which will be new to you (that's my experience anyway).

As has already been said, there's shitloads of quality new music released practically daily.

Of course! There's great music being made all the time...

I'm guessing by modern music you mean the trash that gets pushed by the mindless? Then no, I don't listen to modern music but that category is a constant, there's always "mainstream"/popular music and its almost always trash...

Not really. I just watch Mod Sun youtube videos about him and Kels. Great entertainment. Some deep spoken word shit. Lol our society is fucked. Thank God for dogs.

No, I'm 37 and I mainly listen to Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode (newer songs, with some old), Nick Cave. Lots of old stuff. Today I listened to Bob Seager and the Beatles.

For younger artists, I like Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, and a couple others.

Lately I listen to Weyes Blood a lot. I wish she was more popular.

Cohen and Bob Dylan for me. Depeche, Simple Minds, are all great imo.

As long as it sounds like it was recorded in the 70's.

You sound like a 70 year old. There's lots of good music but you have to find it.
True
So much good shit is being created these days and for a bit now.
Surprisingly.

I’m all about the 70s and 80s when it comes to music.

Most of the music I discover is stuff from before like 2005 that I hadn't heard before or never knew the name of the artist

Cohen and Bob Dylan for me. Depeche, Simple Minds, are all great imo.
Husband surprised me with Live in The City of Lights and Once Upon a Time on vinyl a few weeks ago. I had the special edition of the live but lost all of my vinyl in a fire, and he tracked it down.

Pop music: no

But i do listen to the styles that i like since there is always a new lp in the market

For instance, I just discovered how great Lana Del Rey is. But now I'm obsessed with her stuff.

Sounds like me from a couple years ago. Randomly caught a song of hers in a bar, found out who it was by and instantly became a fan.

As in music of today? I've heard of a few artists, but never heard any of their songs. I do not listen to modern music and I'm not familiar with them. I've heard of the song Despacito, but have never heard the actual song.

I don't listen to music made after the early 90s.

I have tried but outside of your odd single here or there, not much. I couldn't put on today's top 40 or someone's 2020 Playlist and keep a smile on my face for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back