Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

• Total voters
Basically, Yes.

The only more bullshit of a "loss" on a fighter's record is Mizuki Inoue's "loss" to Emi Tomimatsu.

Jarl

I'm gonna have to add Rumble vs. Burns 1 to there.

Burns eye poked him 4 times in that fight,and after the 4th eye poke Rumble fell down screaming in pain.

Ruled as a KO win for Burns.

Hamill took Jones soul that night.

Jon hasn't been the same since.

For all intents and purposes - yes.

IIRC it didn't matter, and they wanted to overturn it later on but found their hands were tied or something like that. any old timers remember the exact specifics?

Was a punch with the elbow grazing as well, mostly a punch though it seems.

He lost his belt and lost to Hamill. Thats two loses in my book.

It was only a DQ because Hammill was done and couldn't continue fighting, obviously that wasn't from just those elbows he was getting a brutal beating and the fight probably should have been stopped before the downward elbows. Many guys have done worse things in a fight and not gotten the DQ, Jones got it because he beat his ass too bad

Yea it seems alot of people think the elbows were what ended it but matt actually messed up his shoulder bad when he got thrown and that's why I he couldn't fight on

Jon Jones beat up Matt Hamill more in that loss than a lot of fighters do in a victory.

Was a punch with the elbow grazing as well, mostly a punch though it seems.

The elbow is what made contact and caused the cut.

It's the equivalent of someone throwing an inside low kick, unintentionally hitting the other dude in the balls rendering him unable to continue and getting the win..

What the title says, @The Higher Power and myself got into a little argument in another thread that prompt me to ask this question to sherdog. Poll it up, thanks!

I know it says he lost on his fightfinder page but anybody who watched that fight knew he did not fucking lose.
Most of his fans, that is to say, most of the and moderators on this forum feel that he is undefeated. Voting, I can see that I am correct and it will probably remain that way. I am not a fan, life outside of the ring aside, he is a dirty fighter taking short cuts to win, and he got a disqualification legitimate loss because of this. Once again, most people here ignore or don't care about the illegal moves. Frankly, I wish they treated eye pokes more seriously as well.

Last edited:
I'd hate to see how Matt would look if he actually lost that fight.

No. If you get disqualified for breaking the rules then you've lost. Fighters should be prepared for the fight, and part of that is knowing and obeying the rules you're fighting under. Although to be honest, it probably should have been an NC.

No, he knew the rules and broke them twice in frustration while trying to finish Hamill. Most of us might agree that it's a stupid rule but it's a rule and he blatantly broke it twice so he deserved to lose.

Hard to call it a loss when he was comet sly brutalizing Hamill. Still, it's technically an L. No one truly views it as such

I'm gonna have to add Rumble vs. Burns 1 to there.

Burns eye poked him 4 times in that fight,and after the 4th eye poke Rumble fell down screaming in pain.

Ruled as a KO win for Burns.
That shit was even worse than Jones DQ result, a real shame, shame the commission did nothing about it.

Back