Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

• Total voters
I personally have the Gus fight as a draw. Otherwise, he hasn't lost a fight to any man in the octagon.

Yes. Just as I thought Fedor was undefeated prior to Werdum

Don't care what anyone says... If you illegally 12-6 elbow a former special Olympics competitor over half a dozen times in the eye socket you get the L

Its not like he didn't know what he was doin, you dont have to read the fine lines to know you dont 12-6 elbow someone lol.

Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't

LOL who would have thought you would be in here hating on Jones. Calling his competitor a special Olympic wrassler, you should really go look at your idol Fedora if you want to see some grade A freakshow/special Olympic fights. Hell Fedora got Knocked the Fuck out by a Middleweight. Carry on maggot.

Technically no, but for all intents and purposes yes. The ref screwed jones there but that can happen if you break the rules (still, stupid rule and stupid ruling. Can't continue because of shoulder but we'll blame the downward elbows even though they should be legal in the first place...)

I believe Mazagatti asked a deaf Matt Hamil if he was okay...

LOL who would have thought you would be in here hating on Jones. Calling his competitor a special Olympic wrassler, you should really go look at your idol Fedora if you want to see some grade A freakshow/special Olympic fights. Hell Fedora got Knocked the Fuck out by a Middleweight. Carry on maggot.

Lol geez, youre a fiery one:D

Where on earth did Fedor come into this convo? You might want to add some ginseng to your diet or something m8 because you have difficulty focusing.

And I'm not hating on Jones, I think hes gonna pick apart DC again with relative ease and get his rightful belt back... just calling a loss a loss. Dude broke the rules, took an L, and moved on. He doesn't have an issue with it, why do you?

No. It's clearly marked as a loss on his official record. Pretending otherwise seems childish. What's the big deal?

Yes I do, Mazzaderpy is retarded. The "illegal" elbows warranted a point deduction, at most. As others mentioned the real fight ending damage came prior to the elbows, and Maz tried to get a verbal confirmation from a blind and deaf man that he couldn't continue due to the elbows. He has long been the worst ref by a large margin.

it all evens out.

the hammil fight went down as a loss in books but in reality was a strong win.

the gustaffson fight went down as a win in the books but i and bunch of others thought he got his ass kicked and lost.

the only people who say no to this are just plain haters, that wasn't a loss vs hamill

or...the only people who say yes to this are just blind nuthuggers who thinks rules should not apply to Jon

Hamill got fucked up and the ref felt bad so he DQ'ed Jones. Like the elbows had anything to do with the finish. Hamill was done long before any of that happened.

One of the silliest losses on anyone's career.

He destroyed Hamill. He literally beat him with complete ease, he just didn't realize what he was doing was illegal. If he had changed the angle of the elbows, he still would have been able to finish the fight.........

What deems someone a winner is that the ref or the judges call it. You can certainly dispute the DQ, but people have disputed his win over Gustafsson as well (could certainly have been a loss if the judges called it like in some previous title fights), so that goes both ways.

In the end I think it's kind of irrelevant. Wins make you great, not avoiding losses. Jones has had a great run, and what he loses from being in a dying division (the regrowth of the old guard has not been great) he'll have a great chance of more than making up for at HW (granted not a deep weight class but he's stepping up).

MMA is a rule set and he lost so he is not undefeated. A baseball pitcher who scuffs the ball to win the game and gets caught does not get the win, why should a fighter.

That doesn't really matter, the ref didn't stop it cause of Matt's shoulder. If Jones didn't lose his shit he would have that win but he did so he doesn't.

The actually reason for him not being able to continue fighting doesn't matter in a controversial loss for Jon Jones.

I don't care if the loss was by a wrong score card reading from Bruce Buffer. A loss is a loss. Just accept it and move on as life goes on. Period!

He's undefeated in my book. Losing a fight you were thoroughly dominating because it got mere seconds before you were going to finish in devastating fashion is a clear win to anyone watching that fight.

the only people who say no to this are just plain haters, that wasn't a loss vs hamill
Same reason why Anderson has a loss to Okami.

It doesn't matter that he was winning, he lost because he didn't follow the rules. Has nothing to do with how great of a fighter he is at all.

Back