Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

• Total voters
Mazzagatti asked a deaf guy with blood in his eyes if he could fight. That was pure BS

A loss is still a loss unfortunately.

What the title says, @The Higher Power and myself got into a little argument in another thread that prompt me to ask this question to sherdog. Poll it up, thanks!

I know it says he lost on his fightfinder page but anybody who watched that fight knew he did not fucking lose.

he did lose because he broke the rules.. Not good enough for you? Move on with life.

Mazzagatti asked a deaf guy with blood in his eyes if he could fight. That was pure BS

So is doing a 12-6 elbow and completely destroying Hamil's face.

Yes I do, Mazzaderpy is retarded. The "illegal" elbows warranted a point deduction, at most. As others mentioned the real fight ending damage came prior to the elbows, and Maz tried to get a verbal confirmation from a blind and deaf man that he couldn't continue due to the elbows. He has long been the worst ref by a large margin.

12-6 elbows in mount position, is a DQ. Very dangerous strike. Jones threw about 5 of them. That's 5 point deductions.

LOL who would have thought you would be in here hating on Jones. Calling his competitor a special Olympic wrassler, you should really go look at your idol Fedora if you want to see some grade A freakshow/special Olympic fights. Hell Fedora got Knocked the Fuck out by a Middleweight. Carry on maggot.

Fedor is the GOAT, respect your elders.

So is doing a 12-6 elbow and completely destroying Hamil's face.

Hamill never went out cold. If Jon would have knocked him out with a 12-6 I would understand the DQ. But after peppering him and then while being full of adrenaline he throws an illegal strike and stops right away after being instructed by Steve.

Offtopic: 12-6 being illegal is absolutely crazy..

Hamill never went out cold. If Jon would have knocked him out with a 12-6 I would understand the DQ. But after peppering him and then while being full of adrenaline he throws an illegal strike and stops right away after being instructed by Steve.

Offtopic: 12-6 being illegal is absolutely crazy..

No it isn't. If you strike someone in the eye socket with a 12-6 elbow you will blind them. If it wasn't illegal fighters would game plan around this to inflict massive amounts of damage to other fighters eyes.

Two. He threw 5 illegal elbows and that's evident in the playback.

Three. 5 elbows = 5 point deductions. DQ.

EDIT:

Last edited:
You'd have to be a childish non conformist to not view Jon Jones as undefeated. And there are plenty amongst us. That said...a no contest on his record would be more appropriate. Its not like Jones was losing and cheated to get out of trouble.

No it isn't. If you strike someone in the eye socket with a 12-6 elbow you will blind them. If it wasn't illegal fighters would game plan around this to inflict massive amounts of damage to other fighters eyes.

Two. He threw 5 illegal elbows and that's evident in the playback.

Three. 5 elbows = 5 point deductions. DQ.

EDIT:

Same with a knuckle, toe, knee. Or just an elbow 12-6 but with a 90 degree forearm.

So you are aboard that should be considered a DQ? Compare this to Sakara vs Coté...

Same with a knuckle, toe, knee. Or just an elbow 12-6 but with a 90 degree forearm.

So you are aboard that should be considered a DQ? Compare this to Sakara vs Coté...

Knee cap is to large to penetrate the orbital like an elbow.
No one is sticking their toe in someones eye.
MMA fighters wear gloves.

Yes, it is a rightful DQ. Multiple 12-6 elbows to the face, very dangerous.

EDIT: I don't think you understand the magnitude of damage these elbows can inflict, you can seriously hinder someone's long term health by using 12-6 Elbows in the mount.

He lost to Gus so he should have had 1 loss on his record anyway, thats why I'm going to go with the option No

Nobody has beaten Jon Jones, don't be dumb.

iUMA2gdFupPsl.gif

2nk47ps.gif

The strikes currently legal already have a possibility for serious injury to the same areas that 12 to 6 could target. The legal elbows from Jones to Vera remain by far the most devastating ones Jones has thrown in his career including the illegal ones vs Hamill(only lasting damage being a cut on the bridge of the nose). They broke Vera's face in 3 places.

The increased propensity for serious perm. injury for 12 to 6 elbows aren't really supported.

I consider the loss as a loss by DQ. So he's still 'undefeated' in my mind; although i don't consider it a perfect record.

Back