Does anyone butt scoot anymore? How to beat the BS 101

Unless you're Kron or Maia

Im not sure you could with full honestly call what Maia does as something exactly the same 'species' as what most people think of when they think of 'pulling guard'.

He never actually puts himself into a position to be pinned by the other guy; he's always one move away from advancing the takedown. In this respect, with the lack of 'bogging down', you could say his boot scoot is essentially more like another style of single leg finish.

Im not sure you could with full honestly call what Maia does as something exactly the same 'species' as what most people think of when they think of 'pulling guard'.

He never actually puts himself into a position to be pinned by the other guy; he's always one move away from advancing the takedown. In this respect, with the lack of 'bogging down', you could say his boot scoot is essentially more like another style of single leg finish.
I guess so but not many are willing to do that.

Why waste so much energy for the takedown if we all can just sit together and start having fun from there? ;)

That's certainly not "pulling guard"

The american MMA rules make it way MORE EFFECTIVE....that would be higher risk in the "soccer kick" world

That's just monkey kung fu

Shame it's ILLEGAL in wrestling.

The american MMA rules make it way MORE EFFECTIVE....that would be higher risk in the "soccer kick" world

how would you soccer kick someone who imanari rolled you? if you have gotten imanari roll that means you couldnt predict the roll, so you are going down, what your saying is quite silly

“I want the good old days, crying crying crying, everything in the past was better, crying crying, I’m out of date”

Translation

how would you soccer kick someone who imanari rolled you? if you have gotten imanari roll that means you couldnt predict the roll, so you are going down, what your saying is quite silly

MANY fighters have been koed in all stages of the "imanari roll" with all kinds of kicks variations.

The trouble is WHILE your "rolling" not afterwards

It's as mutch of a spin than a roll, very dangerous if in soccer kick MMA

MANY fighters have been koed in all stages of the "imanari roll" with all kinds of kicks variations.

The trouble is WHILE your "rolling" not afterwards

It's as mutch of a spin than a roll, very dangerous if in soccer kick MMA

they have, by knees, not soccer kicks, theres not enough time to time a soccer kick, and its call imanari roll for a reason, not imanari spin inst?

they have, by knees, not soccer kicks, theres not enough time to time a soccer kick, and its call imanari roll for a reason, not imanari spin inst?

And I'll add by guerilla's logic, ok, yeah there's the soccer kick danger. But that makes single legs and double legs more dangerous too. What Ryan hall did to bj he could have done under pride rules just as easily I think

Have you seen Bustamonte vs Tom Erickson? Butt scooting saved his life.

Mixing half guard and single legs is not really controversial.

this.. i guess unless youare a really timid skinny guard player

i really dont get why guys are so afraid of hg and getting "smashed" if you are good or hell a decent blue or purple and not fighting guys ranks above you you should be able to not get flat and be able to hit your attacks thats the awesome thing about hb and hook sweeps is guys know they are coming and are still very hard to stop

leite style hg single to roll over to back takes or going deephalf using that momentum to spin out the back door to come on top are very strong attacks thats basically all i use and need as attacking options so i dont over complicate it

i think people get screwed in half due to there just being so many damn ways to attack with it and it cluster fuck their brain wondering what they should be using attacking instead of just working a good 2 t 3 move series like i listed that you can start to attack with right away to cause them to shut down their offensive

And I'll add by guerilla's logic, ok, yeah there's the soccer kick danger. But that makes single legs and double legs more dangerous too. What Ryan hall did to bj he could have done under pride rules just as easily I think

yeah i love when people try to kick thats a given single or double depending

id think in wrestling it would get you pinned fast given your posture is so much lower not upright like in mma

I get a kind of Wolfman Dan vibe from this thread

Dan was/is obviously mentally unstable.

Like yeah, he put himself out there, but I attribute his erratic behavior to his underlying condition(s), and it's not lost on me that I most likely exacerbated the problem.

While I have no qualms about exposing the technical deficiencies in techniques he's demonstrating or raking him over the coals for SEO-optimized bullshit videos, I am ashamed of ridiculing someone who is very clearly unwell.

Dan was/is obviously mentally unstable.

Like yeah, he put himself out there, but I attribute his erratic behavior to his underlying condition(s), and it's not lost on me that I most likely exacerbated the problem.

While I have no qualms about exposing the technical deficiencies in techniques he's demonstrating or raking him over the coals for SEO-optimized bullshit videos, I am ashamed of ridiculing someone who is very clearly unwell.

So..... No Dan gifs? For old times sake?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back