Does anyone butt scoot anymore? How to beat the BS 101

IMO gi training is ONLY good for fitness and law enforcement...never get involved in the "sport" aspect

it teaches TERRIBLE habits like pulling guard.

Considering real world scenarios your are ALWAYS better off on your feet or at least in a dominant grappling position (naturally)

Competition based gi training is absolutely worse than WORTHLESS for MMA it's actually dangerous

I would rather have a football player than a competitive judoka or BJJ guy to train for real world or MMA...however if they avoid the SPORT aspect then BJJ and Judo (same thing) are awesome

It's the rules of sport grappling thats the devil

Sure but giving up your back is also terrible for fighting, so is turtleing. Boxing head movement (ducking low) is also pretty stupid/dangerous in a fight. Lots of focused combat sports/martial arts have aspects that are not good the teh streets. So pulling guard is bad in a fight, so guess what, don't pull guard in a fight. But knowing how to fight from guard is very useful in the streets and while you may not need all the guard variations, they wont hurt. Learning to fight in the guard and how to fight out of the guard in GI is 1000% important.

Also not everything has to 100% applicable to the streets, its BJJ not the Kumate. Also plenty of people do well via take downs and guard passing in sport bjj, do that, and its all good.

Boxing head movement can be great since effective defensive procedures in the context of boxing essentially become seamless clinch entries or other level change attacks in the context of NHB.

Sure but giving up your back is also terrible for fighting, so is turtleing. Boxing head movement (ducking low) is also pretty stupid/dangerous in a fight. Lots of focused combat sports/martial arts have aspects that are not good the teh streets. So pulling guard is bad in a fight, so guess what, don't pull guard in a fight. But knowing how to fight from guard is very useful in the streets and while you may not need all the guard variations, they wont hurt. Learning to fight in the guard and how to fight out of the guard in GI is 1000% important.

Also not everything has to 100% applicable to the streets, its BJJ not the Kumate. Also plenty of people do well via take downs and guard passing in sport bjj, do that, and its all good.

Good point...however you are now relying on that athlete to know those things.

seems like common sense but when people are afraid or hurt they often dont use their head and revert to simple training

Boxing head movement can be great since effective defensive procedures in the context of boxing essentially become seamless clinch entries or other level change attacks in the context of NHB.

especially "dirty" boxing

great point...[its a big hole in the muay thai game]

Good point...however you are now relying on that athlete to know those things.

seems like common sense but when people are afraid or hurt they often dont use their head and revert to simple training

100%

If you want to be more street prepared at least once in a while do your jits with a guy wearing mma gloves on top.

Dan was/is obviously mentally unstable.

Like yeah, he put himself out there, but I attribute his erratic behavior to his underlying condition(s), and it's not lost on me that I most likely exacerbated the problem.

While I have no qualms about exposing the technical deficiencies in techniques he's demonstrating or raking him over the coals for SEO-optimized bullshit videos, I am ashamed of ridiculing someone who is very clearly unwell.
i have heard about dan the wolfman many times lurking mma communties but i never fully grasped who he is and why he has a bad reputation, could you explain this to me please, if it is not a problem?

100%

If you want to be more street prepared at least once in a while do your jits with a guy wearing mma gloves on top.

ABSOLUTELY the best way to train!!

Strikes MUST be a factor in every grappling decision you make!

ABSOLUTELY the best way to train!!

Strikes MUST be a factor in every grappling decision you make!

I like to spar with elbows and headbutts too. Stomps and soccer kicks. Every roll must simulate the streets. We only spar on asphalt. Sometimes we throw broken glass and used condoms on the asphalt mats to make things more realistic.

Nope. No fun rolls over here. Every roll is life or death baby.

I like to spar with elbows and headbutts too. Stomps and soccer kicks. Every roll must simulate the streets. We only spar on asphalt. Sometimes we throw broken glass and used condoms on the asphalt mats to make things more realistic.

when i worked south Florida law enforcement that EXACTLY what your grappling surface was...even on the beach
your forgot about needles and human feces!

but 4 real you can roll soccer kick MMA just go lite on the strikes

problem is that american "safespace mma" is very different

you really should train how you plant to fight....

i have heard about dan the wolfman many times lurking mma communties but i never fully grasped who he is and why he has a bad reputation, could you explain this to me please, if it is not a problem?

pop his name into the search bar and enjoy the rabbit hole

sorry to burst your bubble, but if there is no lava and aids needles on the ground you are training irrealistic sport techniques that will not work on the streets

pop his name into the search bar and enjoy the rabbit hole
probably i will, but honestly right now i don't feel like scrolling all of his post, can you give me a short summary/abridged version?

sorry to burst your bubble, but if there is no lava and aids needles on the ground you are training irrealistic sport techniques that will not work on the streets

Lolol

ok guys...i would REALLY like to focus on the buttscooters for this thread...

Light slaps occasionally in training can remind you the reason some positions should be avoided.

Light slaps occasionally in training can remind you the reason some positions should be avoided.

BIG TIME!!!

you dont even have to hit your opponent

when they start digging for a submission you can just touch/ tap them with your strikes

I rear back with tank abbot style punches but just barley tap my opponent when I "land" em

probably i will, but honestly right now i don't feel like scrolling all of his post, can you give me a short summary/abridged version?

Dan is a walking maelstrom of bullshido and Dunning-Kruger effect and I spend too much time ridiculing him with gifs of his own videos because I'm sad and lonely and project my dissatisfaction with myself at every possible opportunity using sarcasm and ridicule.

Dan is a walking maelstrom of bullshido and Dunning-Kruger effect and I spend too much time ridiculing him with gifs of his own videos because I'm sad and lonely and project my dissatisfaction with myself at every possible opportunity using sarcasm and ridicule.
so basically, if i understand correctly, he is a guy who thinks he is very good at fighting and has a lot of knowledge about the subject to the point of referring to himself as a teacher, making istructional and stuff like that while in reality his skills are sub par at best, and seems unable to realize the fact even after you explain it to him, right?

Back