Does Prime Rockhold beat Strickland?

I think Prime Rockhold would get the job done. He has always had very solid offensive between his heavy kicks and ability to finish on the ground in a variety of ways.

Rockhold got in the clinch with Dave Branch and tripped him right into full-mount. Branch is a pretty solid, big MW. It's not like any mediocre MW can get in there and ragdoll him like that. And that wasnt even Rockhold prime.

For the majority of fights, Luke looked to strike and didnt even chase the TD.

Not saying Strickland is easy to take down, but why we should take for granted his TDD is great? How many great TD artis he defended against to state so?
Well I think Hermansson is better offensive wrestler than Rockhold and how he looked against Branch and Strickland. Rockhold has to score takedown early enough to get to use his ground game and I think he would have to work a lot to get takedowns going and he isn't a peristent wrestler.

Luke scored like 7 takedowns in both Strikeforce and UFC

No he is not, noob.
He is better p4p, but weightclasses exist for a reason.
Prime Rockhold would maul Colby, Leon and Masvidal at 185, not even that much competitive.
Ok, I guess that’s why Bisping demolished GSP… oh, wait a minute, he didn’t and you’re a moron.

Rockhold is super overrated, he didn’t have a good skill set all. All he had was flashy kicks and great subs. He had no chin, bad stamina, horrible boxing and subpar boxing. Usman would easily outwork him

Ok, I guess that’s why Bisping demolished GSP… oh, wait a minute, he didn’t and you’re a moron.

Rockhold is super overrated, he didn’t have a good skill set all. All he had was flashy kicks and great subs. He had no chin, bad stamina, horrible boxing and subpar boxing. Usman would easily outwork him

Yes, that's why Rockhold dropped and submitted Bisping in less time than GSP and taking less strikes in the process than GSP.

Rockhold bad stamina? This noob only watched his last fight coming out of retirement. He always had great cardio.

You are the epithome of a noob shertard. You can't be more textbook. What a disgrace you are. Get another hobby, moron

rock hold could beat anyone on any given day in his prime - really sorry we didn't get a chance to see him fight against anderson.

Well I think Hermansson is better offensive wrestler than Rockhold and how he looked against Branch and Strickland. Rockhold has to score takedown early enough to get to use his ground game and I think he would have to work a lot to get takedowns going and he isn't a peristent wrestler.

Luke scored like 7 takedowns in both Strikeforce and UFC

He might be, it's the only legit wrestler Strickland has faced at MW.
Not sure if thats enough sample to draw conclussions. Hermansson btw landed more than a hundred strikes on Sean in that fight, and I think he is a lesser striker than Rockhold.

I think Luke could take a passive approach standing trying to use his kicks which would probably be blocked but just waiting for Sean to get inside and try to trip him or reverse him against the cage.

Im not writing Sean off by any means, but I dont take for granted he would just stop Luke in the clinch/ground neither, he has not faced enough grappling threats to be so sure about it imo

IDK................I think 99% of people on here including Strickland himself didn't think he was going to beat IZZY.

I’m talking about fit, cardio, 31 year old prime peak of masculinity Luke Rockhold that fought Weidman. If he were to go toe to toe with Strickland, how would it end up? Luke with kicks from the outside and a sub from a scramble or Strickland find the infamous Rockhold chin?

discuss

I've been following Strickland for a while. He has an old story where he says. Him and Strickland sparred and He said Rockhold took a bathroom break and never came back LOL.

Prime Rockhold sends Strickland out of the cage with shit in his pants.

Weren't they supposed to fight a couple of years ago?

Strikeforce Luke squeaked by Tim Kennedy and got gifted a decision against Jacare.
All three of those guys were in their primes in Strikeforce and all three would beat Sean at their best.

Depends. Are we talking prime Strickland who tooled Izzy, or ar we talking the Strickland who got ko'ed by Alex way before Strickland hit his prime?
both are the same guy

He did the same thing vs Alex but it worked vs izzy.

Back