Media Donn Davis: MMA world changes today for the better

I really want to get into PFL but we need them on a legal stream here in Argentina and they need to get rid of that smart cage and wacky points system before playoffs.

I really want to get into PFL but we need them on a legal stream here in Argentina and they need to get rid of that smart cage and wacky points system before playoffs.
I never understood why we can't have a normal tournament bracket. Soccer does it with Champions League, Europe League, Conference and those are usually the only matches people care about.

Yea we will see. If it is just then buying Bellator and being able to use their fighters then PFL now has the second best roster in the world. How they use that roster will be the next issue. I'm not really a fan of their presentation or format, but maybe it gets better as you have better fighters in there. I dunno. Either way, that doesn't really shake up the MMA world all that much. Bellator has most of the fighters that I care about, outside of ghe UFC. If PFL has those fighters then I'll still pretty much only care about those same fighters. So it is just a different owner for them.

If he's got some fights ready to announce, then that could help lead to something. They will probably benefit from some kind of Jake Paul announcement. If they are able to announce Wilder vs Ngannou in a 4oz boxing match, then that could be pretty big.

I'm expecting pretty words around revenue that goes to the fighters, but it will probably be just higher revenue split which means similar pay to the UFC, except as it may relate to some of the bigger fighters. I doubt we will see open calling for unionization or some kind of field leveling for fighters that let's then really negotiate collectively. Especially not with the USADA news.

Also, the more exciting the news, probably the more sports washing involved. So hard to get but so excited. If they manage to offer a true second option for the fighters, and raising the overall pay for MMA fighters then great.

Could we see a PFL fighters association? ..

Maybe talk of tournament expansion or a world series ..

PPV talk for sure ..

Bellator addition ..

Thanks for the post T.S will tune in at 2pm

Hope Coker declines a part in this train wreck. Need him to work with RIZIN to bring it to America

This doesn’t sound the worst honestly

Challenger series is basically contender series. All the regional pfl branches just qualify for the regular pfl cards. Bellator will run like a normal promotion except the tournament winners get a title shot in Bellator

we've heard the mma world changes a few times over the years and its literally the same as its always been. All the buzz words and pretending you have equal amount of fighters ranked on fight matrix wont change that. And they dont, the UFC has 60% they have 26% but it sounds better to lie and say you have equal rosters.

This shit sounds dumb but maybe its just for next year and then they can merge into one thing or I dont know I guess Bellator has more status in Europe than PFL so thats why they want to keep that brand. Its all very dumb, PFL is dumb.

Sounds awful, basically a corpse of a promotion. 8 events a year?!

I think this is your normal events and will probably be a mix of PFL and Bellator fighters.

It sounds like Bellator fighters are free to fight in PFL events also and they want a PPV of Bellator vs PFL champs. Hope this happens sooner than later since no one will care by mid summer Bellator even existed.

I'm sure this is nothing more than satisfying media deals for the this next year and in 2025 this weird Bellator International blah blah events will just be PFL blah blah events.

Maybe Davis will have more info on the MMA hour.

Back