Media Donn Davis: MMA world changes today for the better

I think this is your normal events and will probably be a mix of PFL and Bellator fighters.

It sounds like Bellator fighters are free to fight in PFL events also and they want a PPV of Bellator vs PFL champs. Hope this happens sooner than later since no one will care by mid summer Bellator even existed.

I'm sure this is nothing more than satisfying media deals for the this next year and in 2025 this weird Bellator International blah blah events will just be PFL blah blah events.

Maybe Davis will have more info on the MMA hour.
Listening to the interview with Davis on the Helwani show. It sounds like there's definitely going to be crossover between both. I hope the Bellator events can be between the season/playoffs/finals when the PFL isn't showing.

It sounds like it will play the role of the previously created "Superfight series" where match-ups will be made instead of the season format.

Listening to the interview with Davis on the Helwani show. It sounds like there's definitely going to be crossover between both. I hope the Bellator events can be between the season/playoffs/finals when the PFL isn't showing.

It sounds like it will play the role of the previously created "Superfight series" where match-ups will be made instead of the season format.
Basically guys who don’t want to fight in the season, can fight in Bellator. I’m mildly interested in this

Basically guys who don’t want to fight in the season, can fight in Bellator. I’m mildly interested in this
Anthony Pettis' name was thrown out there as a primary example. I'd imagine we'll see him in Bellator at some point.

Hope they give us Pettis vs Patricky

I am actually not that negative about this, watch the mma hour interview. Just hope pfl changes their pacing

Only 8 events? No point in subscribing to Showtime/Paramount+ anymore... I'll find a different way to catch Champions League.

I only subbed to DAZN and Showtime for Bellator..and in the past for Strikeforce on Showtime.

Only 8 events? No point in subscribing to Showtime/Paramount+ anymore... I'll find a different way to catch Champions League.

I only subbed to DAZN and Showtime for Bellator..and in the past for Strikeforce on Showtime.
They are gonna have a new tv deal somewhere

Honestly wonder how @GueseGuy is holding up. My man really believed in Bellator until the end.

I never understood why we can't have a normal tournament bracket. Soccer does it with Champions League, Europe League, Conference and those are usually the only matches people care about.
Agreed. The NBA is doing it now with the In Season tournament as well. Not sure why PFL hasn't adopted it.

the 3 biggest moments the pfl had this yr was sign Francis, sign Jake Paul, and buy bellator. Great publicity stunts but nobody is talking about any of their actual fights/fighters

Much is sounding good, and many good fighters, hoping for great things do not let me down PFL.Screenshot 2023-11-20 2.00.03 PM.png

Honestly wish FrankieNYC was still alive, he'd have on top of this shit from the beginning.

His reporting on Bellator was the reason I was pretty much certain they were going to sell as soon as the rumours started. They were a money pit for so damn long that it was just a matter of time they cut their losses.

PFL is now a big Franchise! They say 3 times more events, 32 events a year from the 5 PFL branches (including bellator). Who will go to what branch? The Tourney branch the Bellator branch the the I am so confused... but maybe the 3 pay for views a year will be more clear?

<Neil01> <Hendricks02>
He said they are resigned with ESPN+ so at least I can see the ones there whichever branch that is right now the only branch I would like to watch is the Europe one doubt I will get that one.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, it's completely stupid that this weekends event is a PPV.

They've made their big announcement, the UFC isn't running this weekend, seems to me like they should have done it on a Saturday and people who usually watch UFC on ESPN+ might actually have tuned in.

A $50 PFL PPV on a Friday is hardly going to have anyone watching.

It seems onefc will be out of money by the end of 2024. Not that they have a great roster or anything.

Will be interesting to see what kind of TV deal PFL got. If it's just another 2 year deal it means it's just another shit money deal.

PFL is a terrible format and product so they'll only be around for as long as they can raise capital.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back