Dricus du Plessis and Sean Strickland’s faces after their war at UFC 297

Conspiracy theory - Sean's gloves weren't properly checked and he had cement or some other heavy material or object in them. Discuss and thank me later.

Also, the earth is a flat disk frisbee'ing through space and inside the crust is a reptilian kingdom that rules our world from the shadows. Thank me later.

Yes, you're welcome, sherbros. You always are.

I like both fighters but Strickland fanboys have been coming out with insane takes, like that dricus landed nothing significant and he only won by control time, and “Strickland had 40 more strikes total he got robbed!” Ignoring round by round scoring

then the face argument, then they act like it was the worst robbery ever, even though it genuinely might have been a could go either way fight, and I never sit on the fence like that, although I did think ddp won the middle 3 rounds watching it live, with the third the swing round and very unsure of who won it

View attachment 1025377

Saw a lot of talk about DDP’s face as a reasoning he didn’t win but both look pretty beat up. Close fight and respect to both warriors.
Face after fight doesn't mean much. Some guys, for example Fedor gets cut easily. Fedor would be spotting some bad cuts and bruises while he armbarred or KO'd a fool

GSP-FACE.jpg

Sean looks like his cat got a little overexcited and gave him a little scratch. Dricus looks like he was halfway through getting chewed up by a pack of coyotes when the park rangers showed up and saved him.

these morons here want to pretend DDP landed more damage. At first its by the punches, then its by the kicks!

meanwhile, 76 more headstrikes, 36 more significant strikes, more output landed in 4 rounds to 1 for Sean, this was an easy win for Sean.

Damage criteria? Look at these faces you dumb mother fuckers.

Sean hat that cut on the nose all fight week, as well as the ear.
Insta reel showing the headbutt doing the 3rd cut

DDP landed 2 good strikes causing cuts. Yeah he landed some good punches. But was outstruck in 3-4 rounds

Last edited:
Face after fight doesn't mean much. Some guys, for example Fedor gets cut easily. Fedor would be spotting some bad cuts and bruises while he armbarred or KO'd a fool

GSP-FACE.jpg
I agree! But I’ve seen that argument used a lot for this fight, so thought this was good to show both men were wearing it.

these morons here want to pretend DDP landed more damage. At first its by the punches, then its by the kicks!

meanwhile, 76 more headstrikes, 36 more significant strikes, more output landed in 4 rounds to 1 for Sean, this was an easy win for Sean.

This isn’t pride, we score round by round in Dana whites ufc

damage? Strickland got cut open like 3 times

This isn’t pride, we score round by round in Dana whites ufc

damage? Strickland got cut open like 3 times
OH REALLY - http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/14e53999507c76a7 - Sean 4 rounds to 1, more output, more active, more landed. What a stupid argument you have there.

Strickland got illeaglly headbutted. Sean landed way more, people pretend here that 76 additional strikes is some superfluous detail that should be ignored because, because, just because OK?????

I like both fighters but Strickland fanboys have been coming out with insane takes, like that dricus landed nothing significant and he only won by control time, and “Strickland had 40 more strikes total he got robbed!” Ignoring round by round scoring

then the face argument, then they act like it was the worst robbery ever, even though it genuinely might have been a could go either way fight, and I never sit on the fence like that, although I did think ddp won the middle 3 rounds watching it live, with the third the swing round and very unsure of who won it
strickland outlanded DDP in all but 1 round.

You must have been taking the short bus to school when younger.

Sean hat that cut on the nose all fight week, as well as the ear.
Anybody got a gif of the headbutt?

DDP landed 2 good strikes causing cuts. Yeah he landed some good punches. But was outstruck in 3-4 rounds
great point, his face was already busted going into the fight as well. and he still came out looking far better than DDPs busted ass

GSP-FACE.jpg
not sure how that bolsters your argument as most had hendricks winning that fight <45>

Sean won that, rds 1, 2, 5. You could also give rd 3 to Sean imo. If it wasn't for the headbutt that opened up the cut even more, Sean would have won more clearly imo. All that blood has to mess with you.

OH REALLY - http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/14e53999507c76a7 - Sean 4 rounds to 1, more output, more active, more landed. What a stupid argument you have there.

Strickland got illeaglly headbutted. Sean landed way more, people pretend here that 76 additional strikes is some superfluous detail that should be ignored because, because, just because OK?????
Strickland was losing the round he claims he was head butted in both before and after the cut

check marlon vera vs rob font strike numbers by round if all that matters is landing as many flicking jabs as possible

Strickland was losing the round he claims he was head butted in both before and after the cut

check marlon vera vs rob font strike numbers by round if all that matters is landing as many flicking jabs as possible
check shit dork, sean won. 76 more strikes, 36 more sig strikes, more output/action rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, easy win.

Back