Dricus du Plessis and Sean Strickland’s faces after their war at UFC 297

I like Strickland, he proved to all the doubters he’s elite and even in a losing performance he saved face and his stock didn’t drop, but his fans are so irritating
It was a coin flip decision in my opinion. The pretty much right down the middle reaction between fans, analysts, and media members support this. If your argument relies on counting strikes and assessing facial damage after the fight, it’s not a particular strong argument. I think anybody claiming robbery is likely very biased.

If facial damage is the only separation, I agree.

But if the "facially-damaged guy" is backing-up the other fighter, landing body shots, and breaking his spirit ... Ray Charles can see who is actually winning the fight.

Maybe rewatch Marciano versus Charles ... Marciano's nose was split in half, bleeding, the rep threatened to stop the fight, but the "unblemished" Charles is the one who wound up on the campus, KO'd and beaten.

You effing idiots would've gifted the fight to the unconscious Charles, while the "facially-damaged" Marciano stood above his lifeless corpse.
Backing up is the last thing to be scored, called fighting area control, behind effective striking/grappling, then effective aggressiveness

if youre bringing up body shots, dricus landed more to the body at least officially in 2 3 and 4, the rounds people give him

and like I said already, ye if you knock someone out facial damage doesn’t matter, but Strickland wasn’t standing over dricus having done that

Round based scoring, the biggest example probably is Bisping vs Henderson, a couple of punches messed up his face, he won the rest of the rounds, and well, the fight.

effective striking is hurting your opponent, and sean wasnt hurt once, and that is because he rolled with most of the power shots by dricus.
That’s just not true, you want rolling watch vera vs munhoz

It was a coin flip decision in my opinion. The pretty much right down the middle reaction between fans, analysts, and media members support this. If your argument relies on counting strikes and assessing facial damage after the fight, it’s not a particular strong argument. I think anybody claiming robbery is likely very biased.
It probably could have gone either way, and I very rarely say that about a fight, but I was surprised people thought round 2 was the swing and not round 3, I thought round 2 was clear for dricus

just strike numbers per round never tells the whole story and I bring up font vera cause that’s the perfect example, font outlanded vera by a significant amount total and by round

facial damage is the worst argument for sean cause dricus cut open sean multiple times

That’s just not true, you want rolling watch vera vs munhoz
if he didnt roll with the punches, he would have been on the canvas many times, sean is not an iron chinned fighter.

Outlanding doesn't win you the round, they judge based on effective striking. And obviously the judges didn't think Strickland's point fighting was all that effective in a fist fight. It didn't seem to slow DDP down, at all, so I can see where they are coming from. The fight was a razor thin toss up.

Sean didn't land hardly anything that was effective and neither did DDP. The fight's going to be a coin flip in that circumstance and the only person to blame for letting it get that way was Strickland.

Even if all of Strickland's punches landed as intended, aside from a few wild haymakers at the end, DDP would have been more or less fine. Dude has to show some urgency to land power shots and finish the fight.

View attachment 1025377

Saw a lot of talk about DDP’s face as a reasoning he didn’t win but both look pretty beat up. Close fight and respect to both warriors.
if you take away the headbutt scar sean looks intact, while the other guy looks like sloth from the goonies, fool

these morons here want to pretend DDP landed more damage. At first its by the punches, then its by the kicks!

meanwhile, 76 more headstrikes, 36 more significant strikes, more output landed in 4 rounds to 1 for Sean, this was an easy win for Sean.

Damage criteria? Look at these faces you dumb mother fuckers.

Someone bet on his boy and lost.....

WRONG. he outlanded rounds 1, 3, 4, 5 and nearly doubled the output of landed in round 1. http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/14e53999507c76a7
I hate to break into your desire-based reality, but Sean was landing mere jabs. DDP landed more effective strikes and got a whole lot of TDs which are also scored. DDP got more bruises, Sean got more cuts.

It was a close fight. Try to take a deep breath and utilize effective strategies to cope with this loss of another that is so stressful to you- it makes you irrational to have this uncontrolled emotional response.

I hate to break into your desire-based reality, but Sean was landing mere jabs. DDP landed more effective strikes and got a whole lot of TDs which are also scored. DDP got more bruises, Sean got more cuts.

It was a close fight. Try to take a deep breath and utilize effective strategies to cope with this loss of another that is so stressful to you- it makes you irrational to have this uncontrolled emotional response.
yes 0 points, good

yes 0 points, good
See what I mean? You found a better way to cope already. Denial is OK here as it is just a fight, but I hope you find better ways than that to cope in other parts of your life, as denial can be a problem elsewhere.

these morons here want to pretend DDP landed more damage. At first its by the punches, then its by the kicks!

meanwhile, 76 more headstrikes, 36 more significant strikes, more output landed in 4 rounds to 1 for Sean, this was an easy win for Sean.

Damage criteria? Look at these faces you dumb mother fuckers.
Nothing screams "moron" like not understanding how to score a fight. This place never fails to showcase it, either

See what I mean? You found a better way to cope already. Denial is OK here as it is just a fight, but I hope you find better ways than that to cope in other parts of your life, as denial can be a problem elsewhere.
No I don't see what you mean, because I don't agree with morons. Sean landed more strikes, more damage, had more output four rounds to one, and DDPs face is a clear result of that. But go ahead fake GSP. Project some more about whatever dumbass shit you want. We are all not listening. The numbers dont lie.

No I don't see what you mean, because I don't agree with morons. Sean landed more strikes, more damage, had more output four rounds to one, and DDPs face is a clear result of that. But go ahead fake GSP. Project some more about whatever dumbass shit you want. We are all not listening. The numbers dont lie.
I take back my idea that you found a coping method, as evidenced by you calling name like a child. When you are able to cope and talk in a civil way, we can have a discussion again.

You might try meditation; I think it will help you be a balanced adult.

I take back my idea that you found a coping method, as evidenced by you calling name like a child. When you are able to cope and talk in a civil way, we can have a discussion again.

You might try meditation; I think it will help you be a balanced adult.
<Fedor23>

So how do you score a fight then? Let's hear it genius.
Round-by-round, you know, how you ACTUALLY score a fight. You can keep using terms like "Total Strikes", but they're irrelevent to the scoring criteria.

So, lets score a fight together, shall we?

1705952653730.png

Round 1: Pretty clear edge to Strickland. 10-9 Sean

Round 2: Pretty clear edge to DDP, so 19-19 even

Round 3: The toss up round, could've went either way going by those stats. either 29-28 Strickland or DDP, I couldn't argue one way or another. I had DDP winning the round live

Round 4: Once again, pretty even. the TD's from DDP would've secured the round. Depending on how you scored round 3, it's either dead even 2 rounds each, or you have DDP up 3-1

Round 5: Pretty clear win for Sean, so it's either 3-2 Sean, 3-2 DDP. There were no 10-8 rounds. Could be argued that Round 3 could've been a 10-10, but they're so rarely used that it's best not to even calculate them

So there you have it. Please, in your own words, explain how this was a clear cut victory for Sean, using the actual scoring criteria and not one you made up in your head

Round-by-round, you know, how you ACTUALLY score a fight. You can keep using terms like "Total Strikes", but they're irrelevent to the scoring criteria.

So, lets score a fight together, shall we?

View attachment 1025385

Round 1: Pretty clear edge to Strickland. 10-9 Sean

Round 2: Pretty clear edge to DDP, so 19-19 even

Round 3: The toss up round, could've went either way going by those stats. either 29-28 Strickland or DDP, I couldn't argue one way or another. I had DDP winning the round live

Round 4: Once again, pretty even. the TD's from DDP would've secured the round. Depending on how you scored round 3, it's either dead even 2 rounds each, or you have DDP up 3-1

Round 5: Pretty clear win for Sean, so it's either 3-2 Sean, 3-2 DDP. There were no 10-8 rounds. Could be argued that Round 3 could've been a 10-10, but they're so rarely used that it's best not to even calculate them

So there you have it. Please, in your own words, explain how this was a clear cut victory for Sean, using the actual scoring criteria and not one you made up in your head
more output, more activity, more strikes landed four rounds to one, 76 more head strikes, 36 more sig strikes, more damage

Back