Dricus du Plessis Didn’t Do Enough to Win That Fight

I rewatched it and he was lucky as shit to get that decision.

Usually in a razor close decision the logic of "to be the champ you gotta beat the champ" comes in. Even Jones could flat out lose to Reyes and the judges would still give him the W.

But yeah what I see with DDP is just a defensively poor brawler, I really wanted to see him impose some of that punishing GnP on Sean with his TD's but there was nothing of the sort. . I'm not all that sold on this guy's skillset.
That hasn't really been the logic for years. Not that it shouldn't be

Strickland lost that fight the same way he lost to Cannonier. It could have gone either way but Sean simply doesn't go for it enough. He's too passive in a lot of his fights. He fights a defensive fight and leaves it to the judges Against Izzy he was more aggressive than he normally is but his style simply worked better against Izzy who's often a defensive first fighter himself.

Africanus deserved the win,but it was a fucking close fight.

That was one of the better middleweight title fights we’ve had recently. Everybody wants to hang on Adesanya’s nuts like the Vettori and Cannonier fights weren’t terrible.

You're only talking about the Vettori and Cannonier fights but Izzy has still more entertaining fights than DDP and Sean combined.

First round - Strickland popped him with jab repeatedly. Opened up cuts on DDP. Checked kicks. Got taken down, but it meant NOTHING as he immediately got back up. DDP looked FOOLISH swinging wildly. EASY round to score.

2nd round - Harder to score. DDP once again swung heavily and missed a lot, but he did graze Sean and cut his eye. Sean once again peppered him with the jab and checked kicks. The takedown was meaningless to me as he once again did nothing with it. I call the round EVEN. You simply can't swing like an animal and miss so badly time and time again and get rewarded for optical illusion.

3rd round - Sean's defense was once again beautiful. Leaning back. Checking kicks. Peppering that jab. DDP looked FOOLISH throwing everything into shots and missing BADLY. Sean caught him with a big shot to end the round. Sean wins the round. DDP's face looks TERRIBLE.

Round 4 - Goes to DDP. Big shots. Cut Sean. Couple takedowns. Impressive forward pressing pace and FINALLY started landing significantly.

Round 5 - CLEAR for Sean. He landed the 1-2 heavy and often. He should've thrown that right hand all fight.

I am DONE with the UFC.

I do WONDER who it is you are BIAS for when READING this pile of shit lmao

Sean won. Landed 76 more head strikes, 36 more significant strikes, landed more for rounds 1, 3, 4, 5 and doubled the output in round 1.

they didnt want Sean to win obviously. the bias from the cuckatators was insane. when they cut to the south african crowd BEFORE the decision was announced, you knew it was all over. very bull shit decision

You're only talking about the Vettori and Cannonier fights but Izzy has still more entertaining fights than DDP and Sean combined.

Well, yeah. I thought I stated that pretty plainly in my post lol.

I saw the fight and came away thinking

-Strickland doesn't have the power to deter dricus from just walking forward
-Dricus Actually threw and landed powerful shots like head kicks and hooks
-Sean could only retreat and land jabs
-Dricus can body lock take down sean at will, keeping him down his hard though.
-Dricus fought to win, sean fought to surivive

This is coming from a guy that spaces after a word for a question mark. Show me the grammar mistakes, you little FEWL.

lolololololo

i cant remember but do.your homework an re read your original post.

btw i thought the space between a word and a question mark was the right way .

live to learn

I saw the fight and came away thinking

-Strickland doesn't have the power to deter dricus from just walking forward
-Dricus Actually threw and landed powerful shots like head kicks and hooks
-Sean could only retreat and land jabs
-Dricus can body lock take down sean at will, keeping him down his hard though.
-Dricus fought to win, sean fought to surivive

you might be onto something mate.
hard to argue.
but still.. were his efforts enough to take the belt from Tarzan Boy ?

you might be onto something mate.
hard to argue.
but still.. were his efforts enough to take the belt from Tarzan Boy ?
I think dricus was putting in a significantly greater effort. Sean I think just coasted through the mid rounds and did not actually force the issue or play the aggressor when he needed to. He was fine trying to just run away and jab. Dricus is advancing throwing powerful strikes that actually can do damage

Back