News Ecplise 2024

So take a drive.

Can't be more than a few hours if you are where it covers a decent chunk.

The last one a few years ago I saw it and it was partial and I really wish I would have just taken the drive. I think it would have been about 7 hours, presumably plus traffic.

Next one is not for 20 years I think. And I my memory is correct it is even further away from you, hitting south east US, like south Carolina area, iirc.

i am expecting to get stuck in a ton of traffic this time, and where I'm going is 6.5hrs normally. Planning on doing the red eye while my daughter sleeps in the back seat.

I just looked it up, it would be a 33 hour drive of 3500km (2200 miles) for me to get where it will be a total eclipse. Here in Edmonton it will only cover the bottom left of the sun, and only about 15%. I think the eclipse on October 14 that went through the southwest of the US was more, I’d say that covered about 30% of the sun as seen from here in Edmonton, in the bottom right. Here’s an utterly dogshit photo I took of the eclipse in October using my phone through a piece of welding glass

IMG_5894.jpeg

I just looked it up, it would be a 33 hour drive of 3500km (2200 miles) for me to get where it will be a total eclipse. Here in Edmonton it will only cover the bottom left of the sun, and only about 15%. I think the eclipse on October 14 that went through the southwest of the US was more, I’d say that covered about 30% of the sun as seen from here in Edmonton, in the bottom right. Here’s an utterly dogshit photo I took of the eclipse in October using my phone through a piece of welding glass

View attachment 1037924
That's a rough commute.

Fair enough.

Get to see the eclipse and then go to Indians opening day.<5>

The end is nigh!!
HAIL THE APOCALYPSE!

Htacover.jpg

DONT BELIEVE THE LIES MSM IS TELLING YOU!!
I've read enough books to know that looking directly into an eclipse is exactly how one acquires superpowers. Can't wait to get mine. I suppose I will have to decide if I will use my new skills for good or evil by dinner time. Whichever one comes with best secret lair is my leading candidate for sure.

Any one else notice, no birds flying around…

*Goes to the sweat lodge…

I’ll check it out using my piece of welding glass, but here in Alberta it will only cover the bottom right quarter of the sun, so nothing too spectacular. I really want to see a total eclipse one day, where the sky darkens and you can see the sun’s corona behind the moon. That would sure be something to behold and is definitely on my bucket list.
August 23, 2044

Hopefully we're still on this side of the dirt :)

Just saw it. I'd say it was about 25% in Vegas. Super cool.

Watching the Weather Channel. They have reporters along the path of totality. Clouds moved in in Fredericksburg Texas just as the eclipse is starting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back