Empty or chambered?

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've heard arguments for both and have actually changed my view on this. I was carrying empty for safety reasons and have decided to stop it.

The reason being is that my gun should be ready when I need it. If I have to rack my slide first, that's something that could potentially go wrong. Besides that, I actually have an additional safety in place for my holster setup in this molded trigger cover so it's already pretty safe. It snaps on and off quite solidly.

Fully holstered
120682.jpeg

Trigger guard (string goes around belt, guard pops off when you draw)
120681.jpeg

Unfortunately, this won't be useable anymore if I add a light.

What do you do? Empty or chambered?

pijgdt32g7271.jpg

Average time on the draw and firing in a controlled setting (after watching a few videos on the matter)

Chambered - 1.08
Unchambered - 1.65

It really depends on if you're worried about half a second.
A glock has numerous safeties to make it safe to carry with a round chambered. I wouldn't be running around with a Nambu or a Luger chambered.
So modern pistols? I see no reason not to carry one chambered. If you have a trigger guard like your one even more reason to do it.
Like you said you could screw up your slide rack and add more time. Say you were just having a furious fap session and your hands are covered in lubricant when ninjas bust into your house after you disrespected their master at the Chinese Buffet. Obviously you'd want a round in the chamber as that slide ain't getting racked.

Chambered. Crisis happens ASAP and adding delays with stress and nerves to that? (of course that depends on the person as well), but why add delays if you don't have to?

Chambered. My sig does have a safety that I usually have on though but it’s a quick flip. IMO quicker than racking the gun so that’s how I justify it.

Chambered, but I personally wouldn’t carry a Glock or any striker fired pistol in a leather holster. No interest in entertaining the possibility of shooting my dick off.

Chambered, but I personally wouldn’t carry a Glock or any striker fired pistol in a leather holster. No interest in entertaining the possibility of shooting my dick off.
I'd never carry any gun in a holster that isn't kydex personally. Seen too many holes in various parts of bodies.

I'd never carry any gun in a holster that isn't kydex personally. Seen too many holes in various parts of bodies.
Yep. I don’t mess with anything other than a quality kydex holster at this point.

I’ve been partial to TXC for the past couple years. Had one for my G43 and one for my P365 and can’t say enough good things about them. I’ve owned easily 10 to 15 different kydex holsters and they’re well worth the slightly premium price.

That looks like a shitty holster for that gun. I’m quite happy with my leather holster for my 380 bodyguard. Between the holster and me keeping the safety on (yeah I know some people dislike this but it’s personal preference) I just don’t see how that’s possible. I do also have a kydex holster for my sig p365 and like that as well. The bodyguard is just such a comfortable carry though.

kkjTeZ9.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back