International European officials say 'sabotage' likely cause of suspicious Nord Stream leaks

Because sanctions have worked so well... haven't they

They actually do if your goal is to blacklist corporations from Western markets.

So by way of your concession that the guy loaded with dementia and shits his pants so often that our POTUS needs "handlers" so he can "parrot" their message on stage, under the bright lights, then what if President Pinocchio Magoo goes off script once in a while, maybe by accident if you will ?

Wouldn't it be possible, if he does need handlers so he can go out and be a parrot for us, and if going off script is possible, what if those highly qualified handlers are stuck working overtime on damage control for the President instead of pushing through a clear and concise message that leaves no doubts?
If he went off-script how could he even formulate the reply when he can't do or say anything without someone instructing him? Why would his handlers even tell him the US is going to bomb the pipeline since he doesn't know whether he is coming or going?

This has to be one of the dumbest arguments I've read in a long time. The baltic sea is NATO controlled water. Russia has control of the valves. They can turn off the LNG any time they want without blowing up civilian infrastructure that makes them billions of dollars.

The message here was simple and it was from either the United States or a European nation not heavily dependent on Russian energy.

The message is it doesn't matter how much your people protest, they arent getting Russian LNG this winter, so you better stay the course in the war.

Why would Russia make the only move that completely kills their leverage in Europe?? Please try to think of who actually benefits before coming to such ridiculous conclusions. This doesn't benefit Russia at all. It does however benefit pro-war factions of NATO by decreasing the likelihood that European countries heavily dependent on Russian LNG back out of the sanctions due to public pressure.

No, no its not.
Russia has a fleet in the Baltic's, secondly the Swedish island Gotland is seen as important since it can help control the Baltic Sea. Sweden has put extra military on the island recently. Its well know that if Russia attacked Sweden they would go for Gotland as its a key place.
Nobody "controls" the Baltic sea today. Much of it is international waters, and the explosions happened in international waters.
There are very few NATO ships there, Russia is there regularly and during summer several Russian ships entered to go to a parade in St Petersburg, hell even an Iranian military ship came through.

He would advertise it because the world will just pretend its Russia anyways. Just like the reality we currently live in.
Advertising it gives a huge propaghanda win for Russia, China and others who are critical of US interventionism.

-
I am not saying I believe Russia did it, but I also don't believe Biden's comments constitute the smoking gun pointing the finger at the US.

Advertising it gives a huge propaghanda win for Russia, China and others who are critical of US interventionism.

-
I am not saying I believe Russia did it, but I also don't believe Biden's comments constitute the smoking gun pointing the finger at the US.

It most definitely is the smoking gun. At the time the comments were made russia had not yet invaded. It was a threat along with others to get them to back down and it didnt work so the US followed through with it. If it had been russia who threatened an american pipeline and promised to end it and then it blew up and putin was talking how great of an opportunity it opened up we'd all rightfully see the obvious but the same cant be said for USA because it would be too inconvenient for many to confront.

-

Propaganda is designed for plebs, i.e crowd....mainstream media consumers average joes....

U.S and U.K does have simpler, cheaper and more safe tools to switch off such pipelines.....
From cubicle by pressuring investors__.
Sadly it is what it is....

While nor for China nor U.S is good such situation.
Ofc they want to control euro economy while.....they too heavily benefits from expensive euro in order to boost export to EU and to reduce import from EU....
It is essential thing.
Even the same murican LNG, weapons and services sales like chinesse mainstream crap sales to eurozone are better IF EUR is strong...

It isn't now and in reality EU was strong with weak euro.
EUR was 0,97-1,1 USD and EU was strong.
Climbed even till 1,4 USD/ 1 EUR and....
Nothing wrong...cycle will repeat to some extent again IMHO.

Pop culture conspiracy theories are fun, but it’s most likely that it was shitty Russian maintenance practices that led to these explosions happening. It’s definitely not the first time, and it won’t be the last.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/svensk-m...-sa-dukket-det-opp-utenfor-kaliningrad/522709

Logging from Marine traffic showed a swedish navy vessel was patrolling both sites before the explosion, after, it turned off it's AIS and then reappeared outside Kaliningrad. So reasonable conclusions to draw from that is that the Swedes did this or they were monitoring a Russian sub or similar..

A shortage of natural gas in Germany has a spillover effect for Sweden, driving electricity prices a lot higher.

By sabotaging the pipelines they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Not to mention the damage done to international relations.

I think it's safe to say that Sweden is not responsible.

A shortage of natural gas in Germany has a spillover effect for Sweden, driving electricity prices a lot higher.

By sabotaging the pipelines they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Not to mention the damage done to international relations.

I think it's safe to say that Sweden is not responsible.

I didnt honestly think Sweden was involved unless @lsa cannot tell us its location on the 26th of September

Reactions: lsa
Pop culture conspiracy theories are fun, but it’s most likely that it was shitty Russian maintenance practices that led to these explosions happening. It’s definitely not the first time, and it won’t be the last.

They already concluded it was sabotage.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/svensk-m...-sa-dukket-det-opp-utenfor-kaliningrad/522709

Logging from Marine traffic showed a swedish navy vessel was patrolling both sites before the explosion, after, it turned off it's AIS and then reappeared outside Kaliningrad. So reasonable conclusions to draw from that is that the Swedes did this or they were monitoring a Russian sub or similar..

Swedish navy vessels are probably patrolling along the general route of the pipeline very frequently. I think there are at least two naval bases where ships are more or less right on top of Nord Stream 2 the second they leave port. So there's a perfectly logical explanation besides "small neutral country with virtually no stakes in the conflict conducted black op right around the time the entire political leadership of the country was busy with a general election".

Last edited:
They already concluded it was sabotage.
That’s what some politicians and the media said, with very little evidence in support.

Nord Stream 1 has had a litany of problems over the past few years, and Nord Stream 2 was entirely Russian-built.

Gazprom has a maintenance history that would make BP look amazing in comparison.

The ambiguity surrounding the 'culprits' is by design. It's all about divide and conquer, keeping people distracted. The establishment puts out a flawed narrative and lays it out real thick. People with a few more brain cells than average are like hold on, that doesn't make sense. Boom, instant point of contention for people to bicker about, a point which is ultimately irrelevant.

The fact is that both sides of the conflict, Russia and the West, are successfully using the conflict to reach internal goals in their respective countries. Think of a puppet show where both hands are controlled by the same body (the billionaire class). In the West you're looking at price hikes and the continuation of the accelerated destruction of the middle class that started with Covid. In Russia and Ukraine they're tightening the screws on internal police states. Interestingly forced injections for the conscriptees in Russia. A lot of dark stuff happening, and if you're in the mindset that a certain nationality is the enemy you're really not understanding the game being played.

Back