F***in Curtis Blaydes Cerrone

Volkov was like #6-#7 when they fought...but hey I guess you can write your own narrative.
What narrative? Blaydes is a good grappler and a completely average takedown artist. Dude couldn't even wrestlefuck one of the easiest guys in the division to fight as a wrestler and got knocked into bolivia lmfao

The only way this guy will ever sniff that belt is if the HW division turns into complete dogshit like LHW. It's close but not quite yet.

What narrative? Blaydes is a good grappler and a completely average takedown artist. Dude couldn't even wrestlefuck one of the easiest guys in the division to fight as a wrestler and got knocked into bolivia lmfao

The only way this guy will ever sniff that belt is if the HW division turns into complete dogshit like LHW. It's close but not quite yet.
You said fringe top 15...when Volkov was #7

I swear to god this guy doesn't want to become champ sir.
Why be as good as he is at wrestling and think you should strike with a maniac like Pav?

"I think I will try my luck throwing heavy leather with Pavlovich and not attempt any wrestling"

Is up there for worst game plans ever in a UFC fight.

I still reserve the #1 worst game plan for the Japanese fighter who was practicing catching punches in his hands when he fought a young fella named Nicolas Diaz circa ufc 50 or so. Oshii I think was his name.

Edit:

It was UFC 53

Nick Diaz vs Koji Oishi

At 6:13 of the comically sped up/pitch shifted video, Rogan mentions the strategy, a Bloody Elbow article states his strategy was to defend Nick's punches by punching the incoming punches with his own punches.

Spoiler alert: it did not work.

Last edited:
You said fringe top 15...when Volkov was #7
Buddy, Volkov is average. He's #7 because that's how dogshit the HW division is, if you wanna hang on that good for you. My point is that Blaydes has average takedowns and you think because he could takedown Volkov and WIllis (LMAO) that somehow disproves my point is hilarious

Any HW with average to decent Takedown defense can stuff these terrible takedowns Blaydes always goes for. Derrick Lewis gets grapplefucked by any HW with any sense of grappling every time he faces one and he still put Blaydes out cold...Because of a terrible takedown attempt. Dude is the HW Ben Askren but with slight better striking. Keep being fan though kid i respect that.

Buddy, Volkov is average. He's #7 because that's how dogshit the HW division is, if you wanna hang on that good for you. My point is that Blaydes has average takedowns and you think because he could takedown Volkov and WIllis (LMAO) that somehow disproves my point is hilarious

Any HW with average to decent Takedown defense can stuff these terrible takedowns Blaydes always goes for. Derrick Lewis gets grapplefucked by any HW with any sense of grappling every time he faces one and he still put Blaydes out cold...Because of a terrible takedown attempt. Dude is the HW Ben Askren but with slight better striking. Keep being fan though kid i respect that.

Look, I can't take you serious when you say "fringe top 15", and then it's "Volkov is #7 because the heavyweight division sucks.

My point still stands, Curtis does not suck at takedowns.

Im glad you have all this information that has zero to do with my original point though.

"I think I will try my luck throwing heavy leather with Pavlovich and not attempt any wrestling"

I still reserve the #1 worst game plan for the Japanese fighter who was practicing catching punches in his hands when he fought a young fella names Nicolas Diaz circa ufc 50 or so. Oshii I think was his name.

I don't know what he was thinking sir, but he fucked around and found out unfortunately.

Every time Blaydes landed on Pav yesterday he should've then immediately shot for a takedown instead of only going for one once he was hurt. SMH bad gameplanning he thought he could TKO Pav on the feet just because he had the threat of a takedown.

Aspinall
Look, I can't take you serious when you say "fringe top 15", and then it's "Volkov is #7 because the heavyweight division sucks.

My point still stands, Curtis does not suck at takedowns.

Im glad you have all this information that has zero to do with my original point though.

I found Romero to be very annoying aswell. He has great takedowns and yet doesn't use when he needs to.

I still reserve the #1 worst game plan for the Japanese fighter who was practicing catching punches in his hands when he fought a young fella named Nicolas Diaz circa ufc 50 or so. Oshii I think was his name.

Edit:

It was UFC 53

Nick Diaz vs Koji Oishi

At 6:13 of the comically sped up/pitch shifted video, Rogan mentions the strategy, a Bloody Elbow article states his strategy was to defend Nick's punches by punching the incoming punches with his own punches.

Spoiler alert: it did not work.

That's your opinion.

Herb dean fault

I think Lewis even alluded to the fact that he threw the extra shots because he thought Curtis was mocking him by pretending to be hurt.

It wasn't until he saw Blaydes toes were so stiff that you needed pliers to free them that he realized he was actually KO'd

It's cliche but Blaydes fell in love with his hands. He could have used a better gameplan to increase his chance of winning but I'm not sure it would have mattered. Pavlovich was the better fighter last night.

Back