Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

I would avoid the 2D ones from the late 90s. They haven't aged well and are notoriously difficult.
New Vegas is probably the best one but 4 is the newest single player one and is also first chronologically.
Whatever you do, don't play 3 and NV on PS3.
Just grind a little for fallout 1 and 2. The game gets super easy. You also need to steal items and save scum. Sneaking also makes things super easy.

I saw half of the first episode. It’s not too bad. It does have a little bit of cheesy syfy tv series CG style with big budget. I don’t mind it though. It doesn’t seem like a terrible series.

I wasn’t expecting the lead as a female.

4 and a half episodes in . Not played any of the games. Enjoying them so far although I have no ideas what the monsters etc are and a lot of the references I don't get .

Just finished the season 1 and I'd give it a 9/10. I don't care so much about
Lucy & Maximus romance, it seems so forced when the series would be better without it
. Having played the games and being a big fan of Fallout, a really cool moment was when
Mr. House/Rob-co, Big MT, West-Tek, Vault-Tech and Repconn were all at one table
. I wished that scene had been longer, but it was cool as I knew about them prior to the series - mostly from F:NV.

My only question is why did we get Starfield when we could have made a new ES, then potentially a new (and offline) Fallout game.

My only question is why did we get Starfield when we could have made a new ES, then potentially a new (and offline) Fallout game.
A lot of lost trust because of Fallout 76. The last fallout release was pretty bad. I think they lost money. The company has been giving free content for a few years for that game but they also do a lot of gatcha stuff like pay to avoid inconvenience.

I suspect this series is like what Cyberpunk anime did for the game. I am assuming Fallout 4 play will go up and people will want to demand a Fallout 5. We will probably get Fallout 5 sooner than later.

5 eps in and I'm hooked, long day at work tomorrow is the only reason for the binge stop.

Not understanding the hate for the BoS dude...he really isn't bad.

Goggins carries the show as predicted.

Lvl 1...maybe 3 now...vault dweller ain't bad either.

Loving the Easter eggs

I couldn't get into it, I had to stop halfway thru episode 2. Just feels kinda boring, & ScyFy network-y bland.

Not gonna bag on it too much though, because it seems like literally all my friends who are really into Fallout the game, Love this show. So this is clearly made for them. And if it's working for them, and apparently y'all, then mission accomplished, who am I to stand in the way.

I am thinking about just going back at some point & just fast-forwarding to just watch all the Walton Goggins scenes though. Because I did enjoy him, that guy is always great

Pretty good. I agree with a lot of people that it has that fake sci fi feel. The motivations of the characters and decisions weren’t super sensible all the time either. It threw me off, and I had to suspend disbelief for some of the things.
Overall I enjoyed it. Nowhere near The last of us, but good show regardless

I couldn't get into it, I had to stop halfway thru episode 2. Just feels kinda boring, & ScyFy network-y bland.

Not gonna bag on it too much though, because it seems like literally all my friends who are really into Fallout the game, Love this show. So this is clearly made for them. And if it's working for them, and apparently y'all, then mission accomplished, who am I to stand in the way.

I am thinking about just going back at some point & just fast-forwarding to just watch all the Walton Goggins scenes though. Because I did enjoy him, that guy is always great

Aw, sorry to hear that Peteyandija, after recommending it. My 70+ year old parents ended up enjoying it a lot and they had zero knowledge of the Fallout universe. They said it had a similar feel to Twisted Metal, which they saw a few months back and really enjoyed as well. At least you gave it a shot!

I've finished 4 episodes so far, loved the 4th episode. Super Duper Mart was one of the first things I stumbled upon when I played my first Fallout game, Fallout 3. After this series is over I'll probably play 3 or New Vegas over again.

Just finished the season 1 and I'd give it a 9/10. I don't care so much about
Lucy & Maximus romance, it seems so forced when the series would be better without it
. Having played the games and being a big fan of Fallout, a really cool moment was when
Mr. House/Rob-co, Big MT, West-Tek, Vault-Tech and Repconn were all at one table
. I wished that scene had been longer, but it was cool as I knew about them prior to the series - mostly from F:NV.

Lucy just wants to F___

have babies

Back