Movies Favourite PG Film of 1988

Favourite PG Film of 1988

• Total voters
Roger Rabbit is probably the better achievement, but Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is just one of my all time favorite comedies. Top 5 and maybe even top 3.

Roger Rabbit is still one of my faoviete movies of all time and an unbelievable performance from Bob Hoskins. He makes you believe that he lives in a world that cartoons populate and it's just an every day thing for him. He sells it so well. His American accent is so damn good that I thought he was putting on the British accent in Hook! I didnt know he was actually British for years

The classic PI office/apartment, the 40's city feel, the noir saxophone score, him telling the whole story with his eyes never saying a word. Brilliant.

It's between Funny Farm and The Great Outdoors. Both are fantastic.

Watching this as a 7 yr old in the theater was such a delight, same as Willow. The 80's was a perfect decade of movies for kids.

That 18 yr old Uma Thurman tits.
It never got proper distribution in the US, I suspect due to studio politics with a new studio head buring a project they didnt like similar to Big Trouble In Little China but its much better remembered in Europe.

I'm guessing having an aging UK thesp in John Neville as the lead didnt help but its great to see him get such a chance and run with it rather than just having supporting roles. For all the cost overruns as well its a film were you can absolutely see were the budget went, honestly I think it maybe impossible to make such a film anymore with pratical FX/Set work on this scale, would cost $300 million or something insane.

Last edited:
Willow was a huge part of my childhood...

Fuck Disney for ruining it with the latest crap.

It never got proper distribution in the US, I suspect due to studio politics with a new studio head buring a project they didnt like similar to Big Trouble In Little China but its much better remembered in Europe.

I'm guessing having an aging UK thesp in John Neville as the lead didnt help but its great to see him get such a chance and run with it rather than just having supporting roles. For all the cost overruns as well its a film were you can absolutely see were the budget went, honestly I think it maybe impossible to make such a film anymore with pratical FX/Set work on this scale, would cost $300 million or something insane.
Its not just the cost but the safety issues as well. Have you read Sarah Polley talk about filming that movie? She was only 8 at the time and it scarred her for several years after.

Stsnd an deliver an Big were on their own level of the choices here. Beetlejuice, Willow , Twins were fun but not as good as those 2. Roger rabbit was awful n even as a kid I turned it off in 20 minutes.

Going with Beetlejuice because it’s the only one I have seen on the list

As a child this was one of my favorite movie scenes.

XWTlzVm.gif

Willow, and it isn't even close. Great story.

Cinema Paradiso is one of my all time favorite movies.

Back