Female-fronted and/or female rock bands

Forget crappy wimpy Maneskin .....this is the REAL shit from Italy.....Virginia Monte on sexy vocals :)

Good stuff and HELLO @triptych also noticed you re-activated the Psychedelic rock thread ;) I will drop something over there too. Love that kind of stuff! As you mentioned being from Australia - huge King Gizzard me :p

So when I saw your posts

7c6w9i5c.jpg
Hi!!! Back atcha !! I'm more of a Tol-Puddle Martyrs and Dolly Rocker Movement guy, so I don't dig the Lizard much...sorry :)

Good stuff and HELLO @triptych also noticed you re-activated the Psychedelic rock thread ;) I will drop something over there too. Love that kind of stuff! As you mentioned being from Australia - huge King Gizzard me :p

So when I saw your posts

7c6w9i5c.jpg

Sure, see u at the psych end mate :)

∆∆∆∆∆someone mentioned Beach House up above......great overlooked outfit alright !

Few off the top of my head for now (probably some are more on the heavier side than what your after)

Jex Thoth
Spiritbox
Lucifer
Royal Thunder
Sleigh Bells (more on the pop side but the main songwriter was in Poison The Well for a while)
Kittie
Halestorm
Code Orange has a co female vocalist
War on Women
Darling
Windhand
Emma Ruth Rundle (solo or the album + EP she did with Thou)
Chelsea Wolfe
Filth is Eternal
Julie Christmas (did an amazing album with Cult of Luna)

How did this get to #28 with no mention of the Runaways or Joan Jett?

Well, hell yeaaaaah with The Runaways ......Lita Ford; Joan Jett and Cherri Currie moved on to their respective solo careers and keep on kinckin' a mighty ass up there with the boyZ :)

Sisters June and Jean Millington, Nickey Barclay, Alice Buhr, Patti Quatro, Cam Davis and others down the line - aka FANNY - are considered as being the first serious female rock band out there .....YOU be the judge :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back