Female-fronted and/or female rock bands

Whoever is really into female rock bands knows where Suzi Quatro had her rock origins from......Detroit-based band of sisters The Pleasure Seekers

always loved Aimee Mann

What year was this ?????? Ahhhhh, yes, '86....I love Aimee, but her earlier commercial stuff does NOT hold a candle to her later more committed music......without any shadow of a doubt 🧐🧐🧐

Last edited:
Naughty Liz Phair

Always been a fan. Her album Exile in Guyville is a song for song answer to the Rolling Stones album Exile on Main Street. And she could definitely be naughty

Last edited:
Always been a fan. Her album Exile in Guyville is a song for song answer to the Rolling Stones album Exile on Main Street. And she could definitely be naughty

A true lady of rock......no frills !!!! :)

I haven't read all the posts ITT but figured I'd add this band, fronted by 2 women. I don't recall ever being exposed to them when they were active in the early 90s but recently came across a couple songs & was impressed. For lovers of 90s indie rock, I give you Heavenly

Heavenly - She Says

Heavenly - Trophy Girlfriend

I haven't read all the posts ITT but figured I'd add this band, fronted by 2 women. I don't recall ever being exposed to them when they were active in the early 90s but recently came across a couple songs & was impressed. For lovers of 90s indie rock, I give you Heavenly

Heavenly - She Says

Heavenly - She Says

Love this band ! Heavily influenced by The Shirts and in turn influencers of bands like Garbage and Lush .....they seemed to have slipped thru the crax for me.....as my music freak GF always reminds me "you can't keep track of every band out there, can you" :):).....thx for the nifty heads up !!!

Back