Fighters who are most well known for a loss

Throwing a dolly. Double champ. Arrests.

Life continued on after he lost to Mayweather,and it resulted in the biggest fight in MMA history. No one is ever going to forget all that shit that came after.
That's true for mma fans but to the average joe on the street it's a different story. I know it's hard to see from our perspective as mma fans but to the everyday person who isn't a mma fan, Conor vs Floyd is much more noteworthy. The mma bubble is only a fraction of the much larger sports media.

06_Barboza_Etim_02.jpg

Most people couldn't even name 3 other Etim fights without looking up his record...

Name one thing that he is more well known for than the Mayweather fight.

I'd argue his two greatest moments were KOing Jose aldo in 13 seconds and his verbal KO of Jeremy Stephens at a press conference. He's probably most well-known for being a double champ. If some casual asks, who is Conor McGregor, most people aren't going to respond with 'some bum that Mayweather KO'd".

Look, while Conor fans were really bad in 2013-15, his haters have been worse ever since.

That's true for mma fans but to the average joe on the street it's a different story. I know it's hard to see from our perspective as mma fans but to the everyday person who isn't a mma fan, Conor vs Floyd is much more noteworthy. The mma bubble is only a fraction of the much larger sports media.
I dont think so,I think people who dont even watch MMA are at least aware of Conor and his feud with Khabib and his other schenanigans. I think when you think of Conor,that even breaking into boxing is even more important than the result itself. Conor cant really be summed up like that. He's too famous and done too much extraordinary things. These other guys,they are mostly really only known for getting absolutley destroyed. That didnt really happen to Conor,he just predictably got outclassed.

-Islam’s is best known for his loss to Adriano Martins.

-Khabib against McGregor. Even though Khabib got the W in the record books, I along with other fans see that as a loss for Khabib. His abhorrent post-fight behavior soiled that fight.

-Jon Jones is best known for his loss to Matt Hamill. Hamill had a underrated gameplan in that fight and didn’t let the prefight talk bother him.

-Islam’s is best known for his loss to Adriano Martins.

-Khabib against McGregor. Even though Khabib got the W in the record books, I along with other fans see that as a loss for Khabib. His abhorrent post-fight behavior soiled that fight.

-Jon Jones is best known for his loss to Matt Hamill. Hamill had a underrated gameplan in that fight and didn’t let the prefight talk bother him.
Hamill is obviously the GOAT.

Diego Sanchez prob most remembered by modern fans for his fight with Giblert. Though He had such amazing fights against Guida and Paulo Thiago...and also sticks out for the controversial decision victories. Diego's career is full of highlights!

Back