Fighting Games Discussion

Top 5 most underrated fighting games ever if SNK vs Capcom CHAOS doesn't count (most remember Capcom vs SNK 2):

CVLR48F.png

51ntdn-4UgL._SY445_.jpg

Eryxk8yW8AAVsgu.jpg

61NGN3YEPWL.jpg

ps2_marvel_nemesis_rise_of_the_imper_p_z2guqi.jpg

I like to think of myself as someone who is generally good at all types of games. I can pick up pretty much anything and i'll be good... unless it's a fighting game. Technically i haven't played one in over a decade but when i did i was so bad i can't imagine i'd be any better now. I do love the look of GG Strive though.

Also, even though i don't play fighting games i still occasionally watch events like EVO and TWT. My favourite fighting game event was when Rangchu bullied an entire Tekken tournament with Panda, what a glorious site.

For anyone who is interested but hasn't seen it -

loved that. I like when people who play "low tier" characters and win it all or get really far in tournaments

What is with the snake?

Doing it from my phone I didn't even notice that haha. Someone making a funny off of "tsuchinoko".

Why wish? No PC to set it up on?

I've never put in the energy into PC gaming. All I ever hear is having to make upgrades and changes or things like that. Console I can just buy it and hold it for X amount of years until the new version, so I've always just done that.

Doing it from my phone I didn't even notice that haha. Someone making a funny off of "tsuchinoko".

I've never put in the energy into PC gaming. All I ever hear is having to make upgrades and changes or things like that. Console I can just buy it and hold it for X amount of years until the new version, so I've always just done that.
Well people say that but its not what I do haha. I buy a top of the line PC and it last for years. I may upgrade a part or two over 5-8 years. I get it, thought, everyone has their preference.
I also have a retropie that has a bunch of fighting games on it (among thousands of other ones).

Most of the games on Fightcade can run off of anything from the past decade. It doesn't take much.

Here's a vid of Aris actually enjoying fighting games online.

For PC folks into fighting games I highly recommend getting the RPCS3 Emulator, which is a PS3 emulator, as there are loads of fighting games that came out on the PS3 and this is the best way to experience them IMO. You can even get the PS3 version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 running perfectly in glorious widescreen which hasn't been available for a very long time.

More importantly you can play Tekken 5 DR in 4K. My favorite Tekken game of all time. Same with Tekken Tag HD, it looks amazing.

For PC folks into fighting games I highly recommend getting the RPCS3 Emulator, which is a PS3 emulator, as there are loads of fighting games that came out on the PS3 and this is the best way to experience them IMO. You can even get the PS3 version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 running perfectly in glorious widescreen which hasn't been available for a very long time.

More importantly you can play Tekken 5 DR in 4K. My favorite Tekken game of all time. Same with Tekken Tag HD, it looks amazing.

Would be worth it for the Tekken alone. Tekken 5 DR is my favorite fighting game of all time.

Wish I had the time/drive to play fighting games still. Usually catch Spooky's streams tho. Last event I attended was ECT 2019 for MK11. If I get into a fighting game again it will be GGS. It looks real fun and a good friend of mine is really into it and I know he would help me get into it. He mains who I would main as well (Faust) I just need to fix my old fightstick.

Last edited:
Wish I had the time/drive to play fighting games still. Usually catch Spooky's streams tho. Last event I attended was ECT 2019 for MK11. If I get into a fighting game again it will be GGS. It looks real fun and a good friend of mine is really into it and I know he would help me get into it. He mains who I would main as well (Faust) I just need to fix my old fightstick.
Hahaha, i'm just watching the GG Strive tournament on Spooky's twitch now. watching the weekly tournaments on his stream also helped me discover and start learning about fighting games.

I like to think of myself as someone who is generally good at all types of games. I can pick up pretty much anything and i'll be good... unless it's a fighting game. Technically i haven't played one in over a decade but when i did i was so bad i can't imagine i'd be any better now. I do love the look of GG Strive though.

Also, even though i don't play fighting games i still occasionally watch events like EVO and TWT. My favourite fighting game event was when Rangchu bullied an entire Tekken tournament with Panda, what a glorious site.

For anyone who is interested but hasn't seen it -

As a guy who plays bears occasionally, I approve of this message.

Any Fightcade players in here?

What do you play?

I wish. I would do anything to play some SNK vs Capcom CHAOS. :eek:

I could never get into that game, but I know it has a following on fightcade and it's one of the games that has the ranking system. They normally play SNK vs Capcom Chaos Super Plus or something like that. I assume it already unlocks all of the bosses.

Back