For once i do respect Jon Jones courage, Gane is a BAD match up for him

People are bringing up ngannou. That version of ngannou is probably a better wrestler than Jones

Matt Hamill lol
You’re citing a fight Jones lost almost 15 years ago as the reason you believe he will move up to a new weight class in his mid 30s against a bigger, heavier, younger opponent, and win by elbows from mount? Brilliant.

Jones hasn't been wrestling but I saw a Dagestani from Gane's team got outwrestled by Strickland last night.

You’re citing a fight Jones lost almost 15 years ago as the reason you believe he will move up to a new weight class in his mid 30s against a bigger, heavier, younger opponent, and win by elbows from mount? Brilliant.
Correct. JJ is smart enough to know all Gane has is striking power but that won’t do him any good when he’s on his back. I’m certain JJ will win. So what do you want to bet on it?

Correct. JJ is smart enough to know all Gane has is striking power but that won’t do him any good when he’s on his back. I’m certain JJ will win. So what do you want to bet on it?
No. You’re certain he’ll win by elbows from mount in the second round. Is that what you want to bet on?

Jones has never fought in cageweight below 210, so to say hes not a natural HW when he only weighs 205 for about 30 mins and literally trains and fights only on HW weight, is a pretty crazy statement to me...
What heavyweights are fighting at 210 lbs lol

I don't like this fight at all. If Jones wins, he will be forever marked as the guy who ducked Francis. And If his activity doesnt improve, Its gonna hold the division. If he loses, the division will have the most boring Champion of all time.
Rooting for a Double KO on this one.
Wait isn't it the other way around? Francis will be labeled as the guy who ducked Jones

Jones has never fought in cageweight below 210, so to say hes not a natural HW when he only weighs 205 for about 30 mins and literally trains and fights only on HW weight, is a pretty crazy statement to me...
He means compared to other HWs. Jones is smaller physically than HWs. They will be naturally stronger than him and they will also naturally weight more than him. For Jones to hit similar weight he will be bulked up and softer while natural HWs will be leaner at the same weight.

I'm interested in seeing how Jones fights vs fighters that are bigger than him since he's always had problems fighting similar sized fighters at LHW. Interested in what adjustments he's made to his fighting style.

This fight has way too many intangibles for me to predict. Jones was at one point a way better fighter, but the layoff, inexperience at HW, picogram situation, shit performances in his last fight, and age are all factors i have to consider.

People are bringing up ngannou. That version of ngannou is probably a better wrestler than Jones
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Jones is a former national champion wrestler and also he got the better of wrestling vs cormier when they fought. He is likely the best wrestler in the history of lhw and the only heavyweight I might favor vs him is Lesnar.

Well HW is a weird weight class in that it's so broad. Yeah 206 and up is technically heavyweight but guys who walk around at 210 don't typically do well at HW. "Natural" HWs are guys who walk around weighing at least 225 or 230.

Jon Jones has been bulking up for the past 2 years for a reason. It might work out for him, it might not, but we have never seen him fight at his current weight.

If Francis was able to beat Gane with wrestling, just imagine what JJ will do to him.

Honestly bro, I think Joanna is just a bit too small to implement a wrestling game against Ciryl Gane.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Jones is a former national champion wrestler and also he got the better of wrestling vs cormier when they fought. He is likely the best wrestler in the history of lhw and the only heavyweight I might favor vs him is Lesnar.

Yeah like 6-7 years ago. Jones wrestling sucks now and accolades don't mean anything

His wrestling was non existent vs Santos and Reyes. Only from 2011-2016 he was a legit wrestler.

Last edited:
Really because it seems like a no lose situation for Jones

if He loses, he can fall back on the huge layover, ring rust, and first fight in HW division
if he wins, it will further cement his legacy as one of the P4P greatest. (If you can look past the picos)
I think he will grapple a lot and finish Gane

People were predicting Shogun was going to SMASH Jones.
He was Jones most dangerous fight.

Shogun was old and washed up a week after he lost.

Same will likely happen

In the second DC fight
Jon rehydrate to 228 and DC 236.

Jon is a natural HW that has had the ability to cut weight and not have it negatively impact him.

Jones has the obvious grappling advantage, but will his striking be as crip as before?

Jones takedowns are really perfected by his diverse striking game that keeps you guessing

Imagine Gane does to Jones what Ngannou did to Bigi Boy
It would be hilarious :D

Not sure why people are so high on Gane, who exactly that he beat would pose any danger to JBJ? His boring hit and run style might work
against slow and fat HW’s, but JBJ will piece him apart. Quote me later. :D

Back