Social Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after getting hit by a container ship

Most Americans don't need pickups. Our pickups are kind of glamorous and not really used for work. It's cool though when you can stack a lot of water from Costco's.

??

So you have never been out of a city and sure haven't lived outside of one.

The bridge was built in the 70s, but Biden and his dad used to take a train over that bridge in the early 50s on their way to civil rights marches, and used to tell the dead Amtrak conductor that Biden has imaginary conversations with to stop the train so he and his dad could could watch gay guys make out. Not a joke.
200w.gif

I thought better than to leave my original reply since you misrepresented my post and went off on some peri-racist rant about truck drivers. I find your disdain and petty analysis of other people rather off putting, and you seem to do it often. It isn't all that far off of what I hear from racist rednecks speaking about people that behave/live differently than them, and since I can't put you on ignore since you're a mod, just be aware I won't be reading your reply, if any to this. Cheers and hope no dangerous and anti-social pickup drivers move in next door.
Well I can't speak to people in large cities that choose trucks but your generalization on people that drive trucks is stupid.
Of course #notall but there is truth to what I said. For instance here's a study that asked about how pick up drivers, specifically F-150 drivers, used their trucks and here's what they found
With jumbo trucks, you’d think people were hauling and towing more than ever — not so. Survey data from vehicle research firm Strategic Vision shows a third of today’s pickup owners rarely or never use their truck for hauling, while two thirds rarely or never use it for towing. So what are people using their trucks for? Shopping, errands, commuting and Sunday drives.
As far as pick up drivers being anti-social, I doubt that I can prove that to either of you but here's an infamous video by YTer Mark Roper who tested whether people were more likely to swerve to avoid snakes or turtles and ended up finding that pick up and SUV drivers were swerving to purposefully run over either

Pick up drivers are also more likely to hit pedestrians but that alone isn't proof, could be due to pick up trucks having more blindspots. But there is indeed some evidence that driving a pick up truck does lead to aggressive driving.
Young drivers (especially novice drivers between 16 and 17 years of age), drivers who are not wearing seat belt, under the influence of alcohol, not having a valid license, and driving a pick-up are found to be most likely to behave aggressively. Situational, vehicle, and roadway factors such as young drivers traveling with young passengers, young drivers driving an SUV or a pick-up truck, driving during the morning rush hour, and driving on roads with high speed limits are also found to trigger aggressive driving behavior.
Beyond that I do find it funny how sensitive pick up drivers are that this throwaway comments triggered like three posters. Racism against pick up drivers? I've really heard it all now.

??

Come on now, I can tell when its needed and when its a pavement princess. Tell tale signs that a truck is actually used for its intended purpose:

• Standard or extended cab instead of crew cab
  • Stock white paint
  • Toolbox in the back
  • Dirt on the tires

Signs its a glorified minivan:

• Crew cab
  • Lifted tires
  • Flashy paint job
  • Spotless

lol

haha you're so sensitive you should get a pick up truck

this thread fucking delivers way better than that fucking ship
Yeah I'm the sensitive one, not the guy talking about racism against pick up drivers.

I'm guessing you drive one too.

??

You haven’t been anywhere else in the world? Where else drive pickups with 400+ horsepower and weighs over 5000 lbs. it’s a vanity and pleasure thing.

The trucks keep getting heavier while the bed itself is shrinking and the cabin keeps getting bigger. It’s a minivan with trunk that isn’t covered. Go look at lorries across the world. You are going to tell me small cabin and larger bed isn’t suitable for work trucks?

Yeah I'm the sensitive one, not the guy talking about racism against pick up drivers.

I'm guessing you drive one too.
The whole fucking premise that pick up trucks were brought up or their owners generalized over is absolutely ridiculous beyond belief in a thread about a goddamn ship. My outburst here aside, yes, you're the sensitive one.

Be a better mod.

PS I wish I could afford a pick up.

Last edited:
This kind of stuff is so crazy. I feel like i am living in a full blown Inquirer like its real news. Social media is the worst thing that could have happen to humanity. I hate smart phones. I still have a flip phone that i don't even touch unless someone calls me.

No you made a post to show your hurt feelings and wildly misinterpret the context of the conversation.

We weren't standing on bodies to make a political point, we were just demonstrating how bizarre it is losers like you will use dead bodies to make a political connection when there is literally nothing political going on.

What political connection did I make?

Threads making me rethink my decision to buy a zr2 for snowboarding and camping as my next car smh

We do need to start having a conversation about size. Pickups have gotten way too big.

848466.jpg

I don't want to be misleading, one is a midsize and one is full size. But goes to show how big they've gotten, and the Ford is short box.
e2864cef90187fb6.jpg
I'm considering a Tacoma with just a little lift but I also don't want to buy another vehicle for me for the rest of my life so I'm also considering a diesel Cummins.

The whole fucking premise that pick up trucks were brought up or their owners generalized over is absolutely ridiculous beyond belief in a thread about a goddamn ship. My outburst here aside, yes, you're the sensitive one.
I made a throwaway comment that triggered a few truck drivers, didn't expect to ruffle feathers with that one but then again maybe I should have given their reputation. But sure let's get back on topic and talk about how Pete Buttigieg taking paternity leave is why the bridge collapsed.
Be a better mod.
I think its rich that a clueless poster like yourself is telling anyone to be better.

I made a throwaway comment that triggered a few truck drivers, didn't expect to ruffle feathers with that one but then again maybe I should have given their reputation. But sure let's get back on topic and talk about how Pete Buttigieg taking paternity leave is why the bridge collapsed.

I think its rich that a clueless poster like yourself is telling anyone to be better.
You're unhinged and it's fasting month, be a better muslim too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back