Gaethje is going to take Rafael's legs away

Weird seeing how many people are counting Gaethje out in this one. I think it's a bad stylistic matchup for him. But he's only lost to the best in the last few years, and he's hurt pretty much all of them. This will be a huge test for Fiziev.
Not weird at all. You said it yourself. It's a bad style matchup.

Fiziev looked pretty bad against Bobby Green though.

bobby green has outboxed anyone willing to stand with him , and was schooling Dober before getting caught .

that fight was years ago … and was roazor close

greenes hands are sharper then gaethes aswell minus the power

fizzy will smoke gaethe- it’s free money

Fiziev is the rightful favorite in my opinion, but people are acting like gaethje is a poodle being fed to a lion here, which I disagree with. Gaethje is always dangerous and almost always gets his licks in. This will be a fun fight.

Gaethje's kicks will ultimately win him the fight. You heard it first.
Teh Sherdog profit haff spoken.

Strange how many disbeleiverz don't recognize teh prophecy.

tumblr_oasx9kZuQ61tajor5o2_500.gif

Oliveira was able to gameplan for and nullify Gaethje's calf kicks:

MUTE YOUR SOUND FIRST

Barboza and even Chandler were able to go tit-for-tat with Gaethje in the low kick game to a surprising extent while each of those fights lasted. Yes, Chandler ended up getting chopped down as the fight dragged on but he landed some hard low kicks of his own and had Justin limping around afterward.

Fiziev is undeniably the most seasoned Muay Thai practitioner of any of these men with some of the most conditioned legs (not that that necessarily matters when you're actually eating a calf kick rather than checking one) and has probably thrown more low kicks and had more thrown at him than any of them by a fair margin... minus possibly Edson. I fully trust him and his camp to be well-prepared for Gaethje's signature weapon and for Fiziev to acquit himself well in the war of calf kick attrition.

bobby green has outboxed anyone willing to stand with him , and was schooling Dober before getting caught .

that fight was years ago … and was roazor close

greenes hands are sharper then gaethes aswell minus the power

fizzy will smoke gaethe- it’s free money

Green is extremely one dimensional though. I doubt Fizzy runs through Justin, he may very well win but he is going to come out wounded. Fizzy doesn't have that one hitter quitter, which is going to make it a slobber knocker. Justin has proven toughness and loves a dog fight, I don't think Fizzy has been tested in that way yet.

Fiziev is the rightful favorite in my opinion, but people are acting like gaethje is a poodle being fed to a lion here, which I disagree with. Gaethje is always dangerous and almost always gets his licks in. This will be a fun fight.

Exactly how I see it. I see why people are favoring Fiziev and think he matches up well against Gaethje (especially seeing as how Justin has taken no small amount of damage lately). I am in total concurrence with that stance.

...but it's particularly hard not for me to picture an upset here. Justin is always dangerous, especially if the other guy is willing to engage with him in the stand-up for 3 rounds rather than exploit his piss-poor BJJ. That said, if Justin does pull this off I don't think it'll be his low kicks that get him there.

Can't wait for Gaethje to end this hype, like Dariush did with Gamrot.

Reactions: JKS
If anyone wants to bet - I got fiziev Nd will
Give u 2.5 odd to 1 …. I already have over a thousand bet on fizzy and posted the slips in the betting thread … and I’ll be placing more once the props drop tomorrow on the bookies

we’ll keep it simple … if fizzy wins you send me 100 e transfer …. Is gaethe wins I send u 250 …. Pm me if you wanna bet - I’ll be happy too!

Gaethe is getting smoked and I’ll be happy to take anyone’s money who’s dumb enough to think gaethe wins

no way bro, wow man, dude - when i grow up i want to be mohawk bandito

Gaethje will always have my respect and be one of my favourite fighters, no matter how sloppy he fights or how many hits he absorbs.
23-4-0. Ranked #3 LW. 19/23 wins by KO. 2/4 losses to LW champions. 1/4 loss to LW #2 ranked contender.
Gaethje has melted many of the greatest LW warriors. What he lacks in fight IQ he makes up for in toughness. If he falls to Fiziev from strikes, I'll be the first to claim he's "shop-worn".
maxresdefault.jpg

Gaethje will always have my respect and be one of my favourite fighters, no matter how sloppy he fights or how many hits he absorbs.
23-4-0. Ranked #3 LW. 19/23 wins by KO. 2/4 losses to LW champions. 1/4 loss to LW #2 ranked contender.
Gaethje has melted many of the greatest LW warriors. What he lacks in fight IQ he makes up for in toughness. If he falls to Fiziev from strikes, I'll be the first to claim he's "shop-worn".
maxresdefault.jpg

im a big Justin fan and give him props for taking this fight

unfortunately his wreckless madness has taken years off his career , brain cells and chin ….. he gets rocked every fight now .

fiziev is a stylistic nightmare

I will always enjoy Justin’s fights more then fizievs , but fiziev is absolutely gunna wreck
Justin here and it’s clear as day .

Back