Gaethje is going to take Rafael's legs away

Fiziev is prolly too technical for Gathje. It's going to be a fun fight tho and it has FOTN written all over it, like usually when Gaethe fights.

I think Gaethje being underrated here, if he can pressure and survive the initial onslaught of Fiziev I think he can knock him out. Fiziev is very good, but Gaethje has that dog in him that can really close the skill gap on the feet.

guy is the coach at the best Maui Thai gym in the world - or one of
There are far better Muay Thai gyms than Tiger. Although Tiger is the, probably, the best all round (mma focused) gym in Thailand.

That said, Rafael has faced far better strikers than Justin.

He's going to shut down those kicks really quick IMO with some checks. I think he'll finish Justin with a Knee after stunning him with punches.

I think sherbros are writing off the old dogs way too early. Dariush was supposed to be a sacrifice lamb so Gamrot would get some fans and It wasn’t like that. Gaethje will be ok, not sure if he will win but it won’t be a walk in the park for Rafael.

Fiziev was/is a MT instructor. I'm sure he's taken leg kicks from guys with way better technique and power than Gathje lol.
Wait. Technique aside.....who does it better? I get it looks more like Pudnowski than JCVD, but he absolutely brutalizes people.

Gaethje will always have my respect and be one of my favourite fighters, no matter how sloppy he fights or how many hits he absorbs.
23-4-0. Ranked #3 LW. 19/23 wins by KO. 2/4 losses to LW champions. 1/4 loss to LW #2 ranked contender.
Gaethje has melted many of the greatest LW warriors. What he lacks in fight IQ he makes up for in toughness. If he falls to Fiziev from strikes, I'll be the first to claim he's "shop-worn".
maxresdefault.jpg
Respect bro Gaethje is my dawg too bro we out here I told yall

Lightweight is full of grownups but the kids are forgetting why they are even there. Fizzy could definitely beat Justin up, but he should NOT be underestimated. But even if he wins, I do not see Fizzy escaping without some damage. He was all too eager to trade with Green, and sure, nobody rolls like Bobby, but fewer still possess the power Justin has in his hands and legs.

Gaethe best weapon is his kicks

however - they will not work against fiziev …. Watch Moicano fight or all of fizievs fights

guy is the coach at the best Maui Thai gym in the world - or one of

he will smoke gaethe easily

I admire Justin’s inner dog and warrior heart …. But he has no chance at all here … I already placed over a G on fiziev …. My slips are in the betting forum here

I was thinking this since the fight was announced but I changed my mind today. I think Justin is planning to weaponize pace and cardio. Might throw some Clinchwork in there as well. I got Gatjhe!

What would be good is if Gaethje mixes up with his wrestling. At this point nobody expects the guy to wrestle.

Give me Fiziev by tko round 3.

I just feel like once Fiziev has Justins timing, thats when the magic will start.

Curious to see if Gaethje has still got the dog in him and how that plays out.

He is up against it here.
I don't think Justin can win pretty or easy.
Can he still win ugly, nasty and mean?
I hope so.

Last edited:
People thought the same thing about Edson Barboza

They did, but then people also way overhyped Barboza based more on a few lower level wins and flashy technique lol. I love watching Edson fight, but his skill as a striker isn't anywhere near Fiziev's.

The guy has not very good boxing and terrible defense. His kicking game wouldn't be anywhere near as effective against good kickboxers or MT fighters.

Wait. Technique aside.....who does it better? I get it looks more like Pudnowski than JCVD, but he absolutely brutalizes people.

Technique aside, Gathje, but then, Fiziev doesn't really focus hugely on them during fights.

The thing with Gathje's kicks is that he's looked good brutalizing lesser fighters. Yes, he chopped up Chandler with them, but Chandler is a shit striker with zero defense. If he fought in MT or Kickboxing, those guys would take his legs out a lot easier than Gahtje did.

And apart from that, who else has Gaethje done it to at a high level? Against Edson, Ferguson, Vick, and Cerrone he just used hands.

He did use them against MJ, Eddie, and Dustin, all to varying degrees, but he was hardly effective enough with them to beat any of those guys. He lost to Dustin and Justin, and beat MJ more as a result of MJ slowing and getting rocked with punches.

Fiziev is an actual MT guy good enough that he teaches over in Thailand. It's a totally different level of skill when it comes to something like doing and dealing with leg kicks.

Fiziev was/is a MT instructor. I'm sure he's taken leg kicks from guys with way better technique and power than Gathje lol.
Barboza is a Muay Thai monster and it didn't keep Gaethje off him, I don't think being an instructor means anything necessarily, I'm sure Gaethje could be an instructor too

Technique aside, Gathje, but then, Fiziev doesn't really focus hugely on them during fights.

The thing with Gathje's kicks is that he's looked good brutalizing lesser fighters. Yes, he chopped up Chandler with them, but Chandler is a shit striker with zero defense. If he fought in MT or Kickboxing, those guys would take his legs out a lot easier than Gahtje did.

And apart from that, who else has Gaethje done it to at a high level? Against Edson, Ferguson, Vick, and Cerrone he just used hands.

He did use them against MJ, Eddie, and Dustin, all to varying degrees, but he was hardly effective enough with them to beat any of those guys. He lost to Dustin and Justin, and beat MJ more as a result of MJ slowing and getting rocked with punches.

Fiziev is an actual MT guy good enough that he teaches over in Thailand. It's a totally different level of skill when it comes to something like doing and dealing with leg kicks.
This is a fight we've wanted. Rank squatter vs new guard.

Barboza is a Muay Thai monster and it didn't keep Gaethje off him, I don't think being an instructor means anything necessarily, I'm sure Gaethje could be an instructor too

No, Barboza is not a MT monster. Go watch actual elite MT fighters or kickboxers. They would absolutely annihilate him. Actual MT monsters would play with him and embarrass him. Kicking up a few MMA fighters isn't quite the same lol.

You can't just walk into a MT gym in thailand and teach unless you know exactly what you're doing, which Fizi does. He's literally fought top level MT guys who were ranked in the top 5 at the time, as well as former or current Lumpinee champs. That's why Fizi can teach.

Gaethje hasn't done anything even remotely similar. No thai gym is going to let him come in and teach MT hahaha.

Back