Media Gaethje on Sparring Cowboy “He Knocked Me Out”

Fight is a fight though. That could have been more in Cerrone's prime. JG has looked better than ever in his last 3 (he was 3-0 on Dustin before getting caught and the stoppage was a tad early).

He may very well return the favor.

Fight is a fight though. That could have been more in Cerrone's prime. JG has looked better than ever in his last 3 (he was 3-0 on Dustin before getting caught and the stoppage was a tad early).

I got Justin by TKO/KO.

Which UFC champ has a martial art in his/her name?
Trivia.

Fully respect he was real with this, most would feel ashamed. I feel he’ll KO Cowboy then call out McGregor on the mic.

Big fan of Justin.

Some things, should be left in training, but if you're the one who came out about being knocked out, then Koodos to you. Still he shouldn't be sparring that hard anyways

Fully respect he was real with this, most would feel ashamed. I feel he’ll KO Cowboy then call out McGregor on the mic.

Big fan of Justin.

How could anyone not be a fan of Justin or Cowboy?

Two of the most exciting guys to ever do it.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Some things, should be left in training, but if you're the one who came out about being knocked out, then Koodos to you. Still he shouldn't be sparring that hard anyways

Especially considering he said he doesn't think he even had a pro fight back then.

A lot of guys get used up as punching bags before they even have a fight. It's pretty sad.

How could anyone not be a fan of Justin or Cowboy?

Two of the most exciting guys to ever do it.
I agree. Not just exciting but they genuinely are not afraid to fight anyone. A hardcore fans dream.

He was most certainly NOT 3-0 he got KO'ed by Eddie Alvarez prior, and if you watched the fight, they just uploaded it for free, Dustin started looking for that straight counter over the leg kick in the second round, it landed two or more times before timing it in the 4th and countering Gaethje.

That KO wasn't luck or catching Gaethe it was repetition and timing like Gaethje's leg kicks.

Well at least now he's set the bar high for Cowboy. All he has to do is not get knocked out and he will have done better than he did in the sparring session

He was most certainly NOT 3-0 he got KO'ed by Eddie Alvarez prior, and if you watched the fight, they just uploaded it for free, Dustin started looking for that straight counter over the leg kick in the second round, it landed two or more times before timing it in the 4th and countering Gaethje.

That KO wasn't luck or catching Gaethe it was repetition and timing like Gaethje's leg kicks.
I didn’t say it was luck, I said he got caught. Dustin can catch anyone. He has a lot of power, and that’s what he brings to the table. He just has to catch you at the right time.

I had him up 3-0, but I’ll rewatch it and see. It was most certainly perceived as a comeback victory.

I didn’t say it was luck, I said he got caught. Dustin can catch anyone. He has a lot of power, and that’s what he brings to the table. He just has to catch you at the right time.

I had him up 3-0, but I’ll rewatch it and see. It was most certainly perceived as a comeback victory.

I had dustin up on the scorecards, but it was a weird fight because although Dustin was winning, it just continuously felt like he was going to break under Gaethje's pressure. It just felt like he was slowly getting broken down....but then he knocked Gaethje out.

Last edited:
Justin could be the champ with a fighting style like greg jackson teaches. THANK the just bleed gods that he isnt going to them

Sounds like it was either right before he started MMA or a year after. He says it was 2012 but thinks he might not have fought yet which would be 2011.

I thought you were talking about his record, you said 3-0 lol my bad, my point still stands, he timed that, saying he "caught" him has a bad stigma about it which is why I responded. Saying it was timing gives him credit for landing the clean shot, saying "caught" implies it wouldn't happen again.

I had it 2-1 Poirier won the first round, came on strong after a few leg kicks and stayed on him landing the hook uppercut combinations. Gaethje won 2 and 3 before getting countered and finished.

Back