Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

It's my 3rd viewing. I'm honestly mostly excited for her reaction to the shows deline in the next couple of weeks.
If she doesn't already know the show declines you shouldn't say anything to her so you don't influence her perceptions. Just sit back and watch the joy slowly die from her face.

If she doesn't already know the show declines you shouldn't say anything to her so you don't influence her perceptions. Just sit back and watch the joy slowly die from her face.
She has no clue! She barely knows what a white Walker is!
<GOT2>

i still can't bring myself to rewatch the series. there's a lot of emotional moments throughout it, and i aint ready to put in that kinda energy again just to wind up where we did in the end. the only good thing is sansa lived plus shes queen in the north, but even that makes no goddamn sense because why should the north get to be independent and not say, the iron islands? agghhhhh

i still can't bring myself to rewatch the series. there's a lot of emotional moments throughout it, and i aint ready to put in that kinda energy again just to wind up where we did in the end. the only good thing is sansa lived plus shes queen in the north, but even that makes no goddamn sense because why should the north get to be independent and not say, the iron islands? agghhhhh

I used to rewatch all the previous seasons before the new one came out. That was my little tradition. I have zero impetus to ever watch the show again. There's no point in all of the superb writing and foreshadowing that occurred even into season 5 when it amounts to nothing.

I think that's perhaps why they stopped making the Long Night show. Since it means nothing, what's the purpose of seeing it's origin?

I’m still wondering how people care enough to to post in this thread?

I’m still wondering how people care enough to to post in this thread?
Because the show went from a complete masterpiece to a complete turd sandwich in such a monumental way, the likes of which will never be seen again.

i am wondering why people go into a thread, when they are wondering why people even post in it, to post in it.

You must be super cool
<Goldie11>
Yes. Yes I am.Thanks for noticing.

I mean I do my fair share of hemming and hawing about the turds Star Wars shat upon us, but at least there is a glimmer of hope in the property for future course correction. Folks are going on and on about GoT like it has a future. It doesn't.

<Goldie11>

I mean I do my fair share of hemming and hawing about the turds Star Wars shat upon us, but at least there is a glimmer of hope in the property for future course correction. Folks are going on and on about GoT like it has a future. It doesn't.
If you think the ASOIAF universe is done then your brain has doodoo in it.

<Goldie11>

I think the Targaryen anthology series that's being discussed can turn out to be a good series, depends on who's involved though.

haha.

They did Dany dirty, man. The funny thing was, she was never the most popular character in my group of friends or on these boards, but it was almost like she became a bigger face among us when they ruined her with an out-of-character, no-nuanced heel turn that turned her into the most ruthless p.o.s. on the series. Suddenly people were like, "how could Weiss and Benioff do that to her?"

Your fiance should probably drop out at the season 6 finale.

How are you liking the re-watch. You're still in the absolute prime of the series. Any observations/thoughts about it though.

Last time I did a full re-watch was between seasons 6 and 7 so we are talking two-plus years ago.
Yeah I never liked Dany but I understood her pov at least. That sudden heel turn was so poorly done.

Because the show went from a complete masterpiece to a complete turd sandwich in such a monumental way, the likes of which will never be seen again.
<WellThere>

It declined so fast it was rather shocking. That entire last season felt like bad fan fiction.

Bran as king AND the north is seceding, and they act like that's just fine and wouldn't immediately spark another war.

What nonsensical bullshit.

What I'm doing is rewatching the first 4/5 seasons and then tell myself that the rest doesn't count, but it's the books that are gonna tell the real story left

Personally I'm still pissed. PISSED.

Two guys took what was the GOAT show, and by a good margin (even above Teh Sopraners!!), and within two seasons made it Bada Bing toilet level crap.

Imagine the amount of money those two guys lost HBO. No wonder Disney and HBO bailed on them after GOT season 8. And to think, both are fantastic directors; If only they had some humility and handed the material off to others to write.

Bran as king AND the north is seceding, and they act like that's just fine and wouldn't immediately spark another war.

What nonsensical bullshit.

You need to learn about medieval history. It was totally normal for someone to attain power over a kingdom, only to give the largest portion of it away because their sister asked.

Gall!!

Ha, I love how as soon as I said I planned on removing the thread from the sticky list it gets an increase in traffic. Maybe it should stay here forever.

Back